WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lets see your garage

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Small side, with a banner from ‘05 LA boat show when my boat was there. Recently repainted the garage to get rid of the blue and yellow after selling that boat. Would like to do the floors some day.

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In the middle of a total garage sale / purge so there is shit everywhere. In about a week I’ll post it up!

Hondo-407

Reaction score
Give me some insight on this flooring please. You park cars on there? Linoleum?

Armstrong Commercial VCT. Cars and toys absolutely. Its pretty durable, easily repaired if needed and affordable... 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Usually anything cool in my garage is just "visiting".
We have three garages here at home. 2 car attached is being slowly transformed into a gym...which will get the weight machine out of my 40x50 shop. The shop has most tools needed to tear stuff apart, or make most metal stuff short of machine work. Third garage is a detached car and a half. It currently is a shit pile of construction tools and weird car stuff...depending on Covid, it may be gutted shortly and turned into a preschool facility. Damn good thing we have 10 acres!

Tank0088

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone can give me a ballpark price of what a RV garage would cost in California? Maybe a 24’x40’x? I’m currently looking to buy a new home and if it doesn’t have a third garage I might just build a big garage in the backyard.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I have some garage envy going on. I have a plan in the next year or two to buy a house with a lager lot than I have now so I can build an oversize garage.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Which steel building company did you use?
Forbes. The jury is still out. It’s a small family like company. It’s been a year to get to this point since signing a contract. The positive though, I've been able to pay cash along the way and not get hit with a huge lump bill. I built my house (Permits, grading, to final) in less time than it’s taken to get this shop up And I graded the shop pad when I did the house.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone can give me a ballpark price of what a RV garage would cost in California? Maybe a 24’x40’x? I’m currently looking to buy a new home and if it doesn’t have a third garage I might just build a big garage in the backyard.
It’s going to depend on where it is and what type of building do you want. Stick is more than iron, then there’s the “carport” style too.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Is there a "poor" section in RDP? Can someone post a link....LOL
2020-06-11 17.01.17.jpg

Here you go! These are my two boys, 12 and 13. The garage is a 40x50, used metal building. It took me almost 4 years from the day I loaded it, to being able to work in it. Still far from done, notice in the pic, was still dirt in the door panels from sitting outside. I put every nut, bolt and screw in the building myself, but hired out the concrete. A good size building, but done on a shoestring budget.

DWC

Reaction score
View attachment 909751
Here you go! These are my two boys, 12 and 13. The garage is a 40x50, used metal building. It took me almost 4 years from the day I loaded it, to being able to work in it. Still far from done, notice in the pic, was still dirt in the door panels from sitting outside. I put every nut, bolt and screw in the building myself, but hired out the concrete. A good size building, but done on a shoestring budget.
Awesome pic. Very cool.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Phil, you always have cool shit. I though you’d have more hot rods......Is there another “garage” hiding them?[emoji23]
What ever happened to the Lincoln?

Sold the Linc before we moved to NM. Here is the “other” garage just missing Vanessa’s Denali. I guess my other hot rods are JD green and they don’t give them sumbitches away either. DCB/MTI ain’t got shit on John Deere price wise.
IMG_2657.jpg

How’s the new house and shop coming?

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Sold the Linc before we moved to NM. Here is the “other” garage just missing Vanessa’s Denali. I guess my other hot rods are JD green and they don’t give them sumbitches away either. DCB/MTI ain’t got shit on John Deere price wise. View attachment 909908

How’s the new house and shop coming?

Good times with the Lincoln!
No shit on the cost of tractors and equipment. I talk to Big Rog about it often. My brother in law and I frequent Ritchie Bros too. He just grabbed an excavator and skid steer.

House and shop are moving along. We’ve been in the house about a year and a half. You can see the shop progress above. I’ll admit, I bit off a little too much of “build it yourself“, but it’s the only way I could truly afford to build what I have, where I have it. Between the insane amount of hours we are getting forced to work (Covid and fires) and the kids getting into competition dance, my projects are stacking up 👎🏼

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Good times with the Lincoln!
No shit on the cost of tractors and equipment. I talk to Big Rog about it often. My brother in law and I frequent Ritchie Bros too. He just grabbed an excavator and skid steer.

House and shop are moving along. We’ve been in the house about a year and a half. You can see the shop progress above. I’ll admit, I bit off a little too much of “build it yourself“, but it’s the only way I could truly afford to build what I have, where I have it. Between the insane amount of hours we are getting forced to work (Covid and fires) and the kids getting into competition dance, my projects are stacking up 👎🏼

Are the prices any good (nowadays) at Ritchie Bro’s? Have to pick up some too. 🙂

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The house garage:
House Garage.jpg

The Courtyard, the two bays on the right are just storage. The kink is that the doors are only 7' tall. The door by the RV is the shop.
Courtyard.jpg

The RV Garage that just happens that the door is 6" too short to get the RV in. The trusses are fine so the fall project is to rebuild the door.
RV Garage, outside.jpg

The inside of the RV Garage. The wife owns most of the left side and the loft as storage. :rolleyes: The boat is in there now, it has lived in one of the previously mentioned storage bays but with trailer is 18" too long to close the door completely. I will be adding two feet to the back wall this fall so I can close that door. For now it lives comfortably in the RV Garage.
RV Garage, Inside.jpg

The inside of the shop from the East and West. This is in the middle of a restructuring and reorganizing. I inherited the shelving and benches when I bought the place and then the FIL died and I ended up with his stuff. The issue was it then sat for several years due to family politics. Now I am just getting around to putting it away.

Shop, Inside East.jpg

Shop, Inside West.jpg

Much of my storage has its own issues but they are issues I am willing to deal with .......