WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Richer Racing Bronco build for RB’s Mom

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Rear oh shit handles being fabbed up today.
D7BEA198-4BC0-4FFB-ACD8-7689E1CE573A.jpeg
7D92190E-33F0-4280-BAC2-6D0ED20F6CAD.jpeg
F4C7BFFA-0ABB-4179-900A-98F69C1104DD.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score

Hammer

Reaction score
Why is the battery mounted up on its end like that?

tkrrox

Reaction score
Does running the spring under help with axle wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WildWilly

Reaction score
I'm not the most schooled in offroad, but why not run a 4 link rear? seems like a lot of money and fabrication done and spent already so just asking. they killled it on that cage

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not the most schooled in offroad, but why not run a 4 link rear? seems like a lot of money and fabrication done and spent already so just asking. they killled it on that cage

Quite a few reasons as it’s something we went back and forth on.

biggest reason is we wanted a full size back seat not just a single seat. The link rear would take up quite a bit of room.

he’s built quite a few this way and is seeing 20+ travel out of the spring trucks. That’s more then enough for what this will do.

This is also built for my mom and she won’t be pushing it as hard as I do my explorer.
lastly webought the truck mid build and itwas already done as a spring truck so it wasn’t worth the money to go link.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Quite a few reasons as it’s something we went back and forth on.

biggest reason is we wanted a full size back seat not just a single seat. The link rear would take up quite a bit of room.

he’s built quite a few this way and is seeing 20+ travel out of the spring trucks. That’s more then enough for what this will do.

This is also built for my mom and she won’t be pushing it as hard as I do my explorer.
lastly webought the truck mid build and itwas already done as a spring truck so it wasn’t worth the money to go link.

makes sense. I'm finnishing a linked blazer...and there's no back seat anymore lol

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
This thing is beautiful. I just bought a mid-travel Bronco and can't wait to actually use it this winter. Great build!

Reid

Backlash

Reaction score
This is such a sweet build! Thanks for giving us the updates! I've said it before, but leaf springs are not a bad way to go. You can get over 20" of travel out of the Deaver race packs with a little bit of tuning. Couple that with a nice set of King bypass shocks and you'll be amazed at how well it works. 👍

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
This is such a sweet build! Thanks for giving us the updates! I've said it before, but leaf springs are not a bad way to go. You can get over 20" of travel out of the Deaver race packs with a little bit of tuning. Couple that with a nice set of King bypass shocks and you'll be amazed at how well it works. 👍

Yup. Rear travel on this set up is around 24 according to builder.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Yup. Rear travel on this set up is around 24 according to builder.

that seems pretty insane on springs....its hard to get to that level on a linked truck. Mine ends up being 16 front ad 18 rear. would have bee cheaper to get 20" out of springs if thats the case lol

Backlash

Reaction score
That's about the same amount of travel I have out of my Deaver springs. But to prevent binding the CV joints, I had to limit the travel a bit. Hence the nickname "Link killers." 😁

Backlash

Reaction score
RB thank you for the updates! I've really enjoyed watching it come together. Quick question regarding access to the rear seat. Are you guys putting a pivot on the front passenger seat to tilt it forward for access to the rear? Or is it a "Crawl over through the middle of the front seats" type of arrangement? If it's the first, could you post up a pic how Richer is doing it?? Thank you in advance!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
RB thank you for the updates! I've really enjoyed watching it come together. Quick question regarding access to the rear seat. Are you guys putting a pivot on the front passenger seat to tilt it forward for access to the rear? Or is it a "Crawl over through the middle of the front seats" type of arrangement? If it's the first, could you post up a pic how Richer is doing it?? Thank you in advance!

i will post it when it’s done.

Duramax

Reaction score
Such a rad build!!! I still get confused though when I see people use Optima batteries? You have good luck with them?

WildWilly

Reaction score
damn that ceter console is insane....love it. i need to do somethig still for mine

FlatNv

Reaction score
wow bad ass .. love the fact your mom is having it built.. cool mom 👍

WildWilly

Reaction score
I'm very jealous of that center console and dash. Really makes me wish we put more thought and effort in to mine now, went a lot more utilitarian basic

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I'm very jealous of that center console and dash. Really makes me wish we put more thought and effort in to mine now, went a lot more utilitarian basic

Same. I liked the factory dash look in my explorer. But after seeing this will be changing up my explorer this off season.

alohajeff

Reaction score
If you haven't already replaced the plastic window regulator safety pucks yet with 11mm stainless balls now is the time to do it. The physical abuse of offroading mixed with dirt in the mechanism will cause the FORD electric window motor "savers" to fail. That means the window won't roll up. If you can't grip the glass with anything handy that can present an issue if you need to roll it up. Yeah, there is a small chance you run the risk of wiping out the gear itself but that's a whole lot less likely to happen and still pretty cheap and easy to fix if it does. I was told the plastic pucks are there to reduce the possibility of injury to fingers if they are caught between the glass and the window frame. I ditched the plastic and went metal and so far everyone that's ridden with me left the truck with the same number of fingers that they started with.

Aloha

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Badass, Are those Coverlay door panels? Mine are getting pretty rough and could use a refresh

They are not, it’s a different brand that the interior guy found. I have the cover lay in my explore and you can definitely tell they are aftermarket, these look more factory like.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That looks awesome RB..........Going to paint? Should be a lot of fun to drive

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That looks awesome RB..........Going to paint? Should be a lot of fun to drive

Yes will paint after this season. We are going to Run it, See what breaks and then paint next year. Going back and forth on doing all white or going with a retro 2 tone style

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Just catching this build.

The truck and overall build is impressive.
But honestly more impressed with Mom for wanting it in the first place. She’s a bad ass!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Looks great... Love those Bronco's

Just got to say, how long do you think the gas tank is going to survive?