WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MODS - Scam Account Cleanup

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I didn't want to muddy up the forum with this request - I posted a want ad, and have received three very similar responses via PM, all three of which smell scammy. All three of these accounts share a similar naming convention - Name1234. The PM messages state they saw my ad and their friend has the part I'm after and then they share an email address to contact.

The member names are:

harrisonford1403
cliff4012
chesterbrown1980

Attachments

• 1597755747002.png
    1597755747002.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 108

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I didn't want to muddy up the forum with this request - I posted a want ad, and have received three very similar responses via PM, all three of which smell scammy. All three of these accounts share a similar naming convention - Name1234. The PM messages state they saw my ad and their friend has the part I'm after and then they share an email address to contact.

The member names are:

harrisonford1403
cliff4012
chesterbrown1980
Thanks @evantwheeler , with your help I was able to locate and remove these three members plus 2 others that were setting up to eventually do the same thing via private messages as I could tell they had done the same on other random truck and boating forums recently all found by doing an online search of their usernames. ;)

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Thanks @evantwheeler , with your help I was able to locate and remove these three members plus 2 others that were setting up to eventually do the same thing via private messages as I could tell they had done the same on other random truck and boating forums recently all found by doing an online search of their usernames. ;)

another one

233359EA-64FD-4749-B2EA-9910A4651AD7.png

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Thanks @evantwheeler , he's busy to the forum life and gets around pretty quick with the IP addresses.

His username shows up on multiple recreational forums with no posts and joined today. https://www.bing.com/search?q=conorcarroll939&form=IE10TR&src=IE10TR&pc=EUPP_DCJB

His IP's shows 3 different areas already:
1- Country: Canada / Region: Quebec / City: Mont-Saint-Hilaire
2- Country: Canada / Region: British / Columbia City: New Westminster
3- United States: Kansas city area it seemed....Hard to make this one out.

And you evantwheeler must be a popular spam attractor...:D

Thanks again.👍