WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone in Yuma?

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Any members in Yuma this weekend. This is my first time to the lower river. We are at a friends place on Martinez lake. Place is pretty sweet so far. Could get used to being here compared to local lakes in Phx.
A337AEC1-8345-4A96-B8BE-2CB16BBB4119.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Missed ya by a weekend. Enjoy and keep an eye out for sandbars. Best to follow locals the first time out. Good news, it’s all sand down there. 👍

Duramax

Reaction score
Any members in Yuma this weekend. This is my first time to the lower river. We are at a friends place on Martinez lake. Place is pretty sweet so far. Could get used to being here compared to local lakes in Phx. View attachment 910809
Please report back! I am over the lakes around here too and want to venture out, lower river especially. I just have no clue where to stay, launch. etc,etc. Have fun, and please let the people know who have never been what to expect.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
Yes. I live here. Where at the lake are you staying?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Lower River is closed, sorry.

Be sure to have good polarized sunglasses. The warmer tint lenses work best to pull the sandbars out. It's also a good idea to follow a boat larger than yours (not too close) to see the line they take.

We'll be out, but are riding with friends instead of launching our boat, otherwise I'd say you could follow us.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Chamaco

Reaction score
We'll be out today, If I can get off these conference calls. Look out for this boat.

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 132

bagged97taco

Reaction score
We are 100% guests this weekend. No rv no boat no worries. It’s pretty sweet down here. Whole different ball game from the lakes I’m used to. Pretty scary to see the bottom of the river, we will bring our boat next time for sure

blue wonder

Reaction score
2D2E2698-3FF9-42C3-AC77-5E6D790DA772.jpeg

Look for me tomorrow, we are headed out now but our place is down at hidden shores (7 miles south from Martinez)...you’ll love the river down here it’s pretty bitchen

blue wonder

Reaction score
Looking at you avatar I take it you race as well as do I...there will be a couple pretty fast boats out to play tomorrow, QE TPR and the other a blown alcohol Placecraft

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Yea I saw Jake and the place craft today. Hopped on the jet ski and went to talk to Jake for a bit. My buddy was supposed to come with his winger but he backed out. Wish I would have brought the race boat. Next time for sure I’ll keep an eye out for you. - paul

woodagain

Reaction score
I’m curious , what’s your take on the
Lower River after spending time here?
1FF668ED-CA0B-4FF5-A0B8-F854B9FF9FCB.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

woodagain

Reaction score
Bring your flatly down for Yuma Power Tour in October

cakemoto

Reaction score
I seen quite a few people recently pulling out of blythe and heading down that way my buddy Jason loves it down there

woodagain

Reaction score
I seen quite a few people recently pulling out of blythe and heading down that way my buddy Jason loves it down there

The crowds have been constantly larger this year more than likely because of Covid but it’s amazing how empty the river and sandbars are on a Sunday.
The larger boats and wake freighters are challenged by the
Sandbars but it thins out the crowds and rookies further up river for skiing.

Duramax

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get a room or a little cabin for the weekend, that either has a launch ramp or a launch ramp is near by? We are wanting to go middle of next month. Hopefully I can follow some of you around for a bit.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get a room or a little cabin for the weekend, that either has a launch ramp or a launch ramp is near by? We are wanting to go middle of next month. Hopefully I can follow some of you around for a bit.

I am interested in the same thing...or even rv spots. What are the good places to go and run a flat down there?

wzuber

Reaction score
How far below cibola refuge is it via the hwy?

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I love going to Yuma great places to eat .

woodagain

Reaction score

Plenty of private homes and trailers for rent.
Launch ramps are public and close .
The other option would be
DBDF7537-D95E-4927-9E45-5A3A9B811885.jpeg
hotels in Yuma which is a 1/2 hr drive. It’s not Parker or Havasu so don’t expect the full contingent of restaurants and bars , a little more laid back.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
The other option would be View attachment 912253 hotels in Yuma which is a 1/2 hr drive. It’s not Parker or Havasu so don’t expect the full contingent of restaurants and bars , a little more laid back.

Please excuse my ignorance as i have never been down this far...is martinez the best spot for rv camping down there? Looking to come down with the family and couple buddies for a weekend to burn some fuel. PM me if needed.

woodagain

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance as i have never been down this far...is martinez the best spot for rv camping down there? Looking to come down with the family and couple buddies for a weekend to burn some fuel. PM me if needed.

There are no campsites on the water, you might try Hidden Shores for that.
There are dry campsites but the campsites with hookups are normally booked up.
Check with Fishers Landing for campsites.

ELCHINGONROGERS

Reaction score
I loved it. Thinks it perfect for my flatty. But not so sure about the 25’ boat. Just have to get used to the water levels
i think its sweet down there only 2 hour drive for me wish i could go down there all the time

Duramax

Reaction score
The other option would be View attachment 912253 hotels in Yuma which is a 1/2 hr drive. It’s not Parker or Havasu so don’t expect the full contingent of restaurants and bars , a little more laid back.
Ok, is there a certain area I should get a home or trailer to rent? What is a Fishers Landing exactly? Just a launch? Sorry for the questions.

woodagain

Reaction score
Martinez Lake and Fishers Landing are adjacent to each other.
Martinez has very few campsites if any.
Fishers Landing has dry camping and sites with hookups. They both have launch ramps.
They have private homes and trailers for rent. Check out vacation rentals for that area.
Check out LOWER RIVER JUNKIES on Facebook for info also.
Good luck

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Camping also available down by Senator's Wash area at Squaw Lake. It connects to the river just north from Hidden Shores.

T.K. Jones Campground at Squaw Lake and Boat Launch:
T.K. Jones Campground at Squaw Lake and Boat Launch are located on the backwaters of the Colorado River directly above Imperial Dam. The site contains RV and tent camping sites, a boat launch, and a day use area for all kinds of outdoor adventure. There are fees for day-use and overnight use. Visitors must pay daily fees at self-registration fee pipes located at the site or at the BLM Yuma Field Office. Annual permits are available for purchase at the Yuma Field Office. Camping use is limited to 14 days in any 28-day period. There are no lifeguards on duty. Legal boat speed in Squaw Lake is 5 mph, no wake. No wake zone ends at Colorado River. In addition to existing rules and regulations, there are supplemental rules which are used to help manage this campground.
ADA Info:
Restrooms have accessible stalls.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Hidden shores is your best bet for hook ups. Senators wash is dry only. But usually easy to get a spot. Senators Seems A bit busier in the winter.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Camping also available down by Senator's Wash area at Squaw Lake. It connects to the river just north from Hidden Shores.

T.K. Jones Campground at Squaw Lake and Boat Launch:
T.K. Jones Campground at Squaw Lake and Boat Launch are located on the backwaters of the Colorado River directly above Imperial Dam. The site contains RV and tent camping sites, a boat launch, and a day use area for all kinds of outdoor adventure. There are fees for day-use and overnight use. Visitors must pay daily fees at self-registration fee pipes located at the site or at the BLM Yuma Field Office. Annual permits are available for purchase at the Yuma Field Office. Camping use is limited to 14 days in any 28-day period. There are no lifeguards on duty. Legal boat speed in Squaw Lake is 5 mph, no wake. No wake zone ends at Colorado River. In addition to existing rules and regulations, there are supplemental rules which are used to help manage this campground.
ADA Info:
Restrooms have accessible stalls.
I didn’t care for Squaw it was like a zoo

Duramax

Reaction score
Martinez Lake and Fishers Landing are adjacent to each other.
Martinez has very few campsites if any.
Fishers Landing has dry camping and sites with hookups. They both have launch ramps.
They have private homes and trailers for rent. Check out vacation rentals for that area.
Check out LOWER RIVER JUNKIES on Facebook for info also.
Good luck
Thank you very much.