WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trim tab question

charred1

Reaction score
I bought a Kayot v220 with the smaller v8 5.0 liter with the little alpha one outdrive. Overall, very happy with the boat considering we got a pretty good deal on it. However, I am having a hell of a time finding the happy spot for trim and mph. Seems to keep the bow from bouncing, I have to trim the outdrivre all the way down, thus losing Considerable speed. I was told that adding trim tabs would help with this issue. Curious to to know what RD folks think. Thanks in advance!

Mike

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Before I started down the road with tabs, I would move weight around in the boat. Try moving people and coolers and see if you can get a good ride with that. Easy and doesn’t cost a thing. Very few standard runabouts need tabs.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
check your prop, some have more bow lift some have more stern lift.

charred1

Reaction score
Before I started down the road with tabs, I would move weight around in the boat. Try moving people and coolers and see if you can get a good ride with that. Easy and doesn’t cost a thing. Very few standard runabouts need tabs.
Word...thanks!

charred1

Reaction score
check your prop, some have more bow lift some have more stern lift.
Thanks, I will do that. I believe it’s a standard 19p aluminum prop. Previous owner said it probably needs replaced due to a few prop strikes and diy prop bench repairs.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thanks, I will do that. I believe it’s a standard 19p aluminum prop. Previous owner said it probably needs replaced due to a few prop strikes and diy prop bench repairs.

Fix your broken prop first :)

charred1

Reaction score
Fix your broken prop first :)
Ha! No kidding, right!? I have to say that he did a good job (appearance wise) on fixing it. I guess a file and black spray paint can mask issues of prop being out of wack.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ha! No kidding, right!? I have to say that he did a good job (appearance wise) on fixing it. I guess a file and black spray paint can mask issues of prop being out of wack.

Yep, have that dialed in and see where you are at with shifting weight around.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Absolutely trim tabs... bigger the better. I put some 12”x12” on my 24’ Mariah .... LOVE THEM.... I don’t need to move fat people.. sorry..... I don’t need to move skinny people to adjust the ride.... I just hit a button and boat is flat.... people move..... hit the button... it’s sssoooo nice.