WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Haha! Been there man.

My worst recorded score: high school golf match, Cross Creek in Temecula. I only remember the details from the first 3 holes, the rest is a blur of OBs and lost balls. We always got shotgun started so I don't know where we started but I bogeyed holes number one and two, then I eagled out an elevated par-5 with a badass flop shot thought to myself game on I'm going to kick ass now. Yeah I shot a 124.

Lol. I forget what course we were on but I had found the water three times that day. Pretty much every hole with water I was in it... Everyone were good shots that just bounced funny or rolled too long. We come up to the next hole with a long lake that runs the right side of the fairway. Buddy holds up a 20 and bets that my tee shot is wet. I take the bet and im thinking this will be easy money I aim waaaaaay left. I hit a nice straight shot I am thinking Im golden. It was probably my cleanest stroke of the day. Then I hear the crack as it hits a tree branch and takes a 90 degree turn across the fairway into the lake...

Im thinking that this is the worst day on the course I have ever had. Next 3 holes I birdie... Golf is a weird game...

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Lol. I forget what course we were on but I had found the water three times that day. Pretty much every hole with water I was in it... Everyone were good shots that just bounced funny or rolled too long. We come up to the next hole with a long lake that runs the right side of the fairway. Buddy holds up a 20 and bets that my tee shot is wet. I take the bet and im thinking this will be easy money I aim waaaaaay left. I hit a nice straight shot I am thinking Im golden. It was probably my cleanest stroke of the day. Then I hear the crack as it hits a tree branch and takes a 90 degree turn across the fairway into the lake...

Im thinking that this is the worst day on the course I have ever had. Next 3 holes I birdie... Golf is a weird game...
Haha. I definitely have the I'm going to go for it tin cup strategy. I'm taking that same bed every time lol.

"Golf is weird".. perfect statement.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Golfing since mid 80s. Not good, not horribly horrible either.
I do have 3 eagles in my repertoire, one of them being a 1 on a par 3.
The executive course I've played the most(par 65) I'm usually around 75-80. Difficult full 72 course I'm happy being under 100. Usually by time I've gone through 9 holes my back stops working and is telling me to go lay down. Just wish like hell I could rid myself of the outside-in swing on my woods🤨 but my back just doesn't cooperate. Weakest link without question the last few years is putting, I probably yip every other putt.😖😭
Always an enjoyable time even when I play shitty.....I am a shitty golfer.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
This isn't golf season right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Actually it is.....and perhaps the most "normalish" pro sport currently playing.
We can rent you some kid clubs to use so you can see what you've been missing😉😊 I saw those TopGolf pics, lol. Before I started playing I thought it was silly to chase a tiny ball 3-4-500 yards around. Addicting is an understatement.

Last edited:

East Wood

Reaction score
The saying goes...”golf and sex are the only two things you don’t have to be good at to enjoy”...from the great Roy McAvoy

i wasnt far off 😂 funny thing is, i don't remember that line from the movie. This whole time I thought the old bastard from my high school job was a clever mother f'er. Oh the humility. Thanks for clarifying...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep. I play in all of the golf tournaments that my company gets invited to. Have a few trophies and plaques in my office. Still no 1st place though. :mad: My customers always have fun and sometime win some good prizes..
Those corporate golf outings were fun as fuk. What amused me most was all the big talk of how good a golfer someone said he was only to watch them gag, like they were swinging a shovel. 😂

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Haven't played much this year. Normally shoot mid 80's. Best round a 78. This year scores have been good, I think because I have such low expectations.

Tournaments are hella fun. We used to go to the Burlesque Association tourneys. They were put on by a DJ at a local topless club. They would have naked chicks all over the place. The Hooters tournament is not too shabby either. I get to go to the Home Depot one in Rancho Bernardo every year. Lots of free stuff.

Two hole in ones in my history, but both were pretty short Par 3 holes. I would love to play more often but it is sure hard to find the time lately.

TLAW719

Reaction score
I played lake Havasu golf club in the construction league a few weeks ago. First time I had played a round in 10+ years and first time I swung a club period in 3+ years. Shot a 126 haha. Next week out dropped it to a 105.
it was a lot of fun. I need to find my swing again. I’ve developed a slice and keep topping the heck out of the ball.

TLAW719

Reaction score
I average around 110... About twice a year I get an invite to play Lake Arrowhead. But my favorite course I ever played was Emerald Canyon in Parker

I’m really wanting to play emerald canyon now that I’m slowly starting to play again. I need to find my swing again first though with that tight course.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
mom really wanting to play emerald canyon now that I’m slowly starting to play again. I need to find my swing again first though with that tight course.
Just go and have a good time with your mom, that's what counts.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I’m really wanting to play emerald canyon now that I’m slowly starting to play again. I need to find my swing again first though with that tight course.
It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do! Especially there

JayBreww

Reaction score
Let me know when you back up to playing, I play once or twice a month and am always looking for more players. Been playing 7 hills in Hemet lately, $40 bucks on Sunday, usually get out at 0600 and be done in 3 to 3.5 hours.

My old coworker Will manages that and Menifee Lakes.
The golf industry is definitely fun. I encourage any young kid to get into it and network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Haha! Been there man.

My worst recorded score: high school golf match, Cross Creek in Temecula. I only remember the details from the first 3 holes, the rest is a blur of OBs and lost balls. We always got shotgun started so I don't know where we started but I bogeyed holes number one and two, then I eagled out an elevated par-5 with a badass flop shot thought to myself game on I'm going to kick ass now. Yeah I shot a 124.

Great course Cross Creek. 👍

Played years ago, but one I’d like to play again.

DWC

Reaction score
So true!!

My best friend coming out of college was a scratch golfer and went into commercial real estate. He played more golf with all the bosses in tournaments then he worked. He also made a ton of connections that helped him fast track to the top.

He got me out at Cypress Point, the best track I’ve played.
I’ve been lucky enough to play most courses up there. That’s a bucket list tee time for sure. Every time on 17 mile drive i slow down around that area. Incredible place.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I’ve been lucky enough to play most courses up there. That’s a bucket list tee time for sure. Every time on 17 mile drive i slow down around that area. Incredible place.

Yea, I didn’t realize how exclusive the place was when he called me up and said you wanna play Cypress Point? I said yeah whatever and he just laughed. Man what an incredible course, beautiful!!!

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
:D
Yea, I didn’t realize how exclusive the place was when he called me up and said you wanna play Cypress Point? I said yeah whatever and he just laughed. Man what an incredible course, beautiful!!!
Had to be very cool. One of the toughest tee times to get. There and Augusta are next to impossible. I spent the early part of my career on the buying side. I took full advantage of every opportunity to play everywhere i could. Couldn’t pull off Cypress regardless of what i tried.:D

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
:D
Had to be very cool. One of the toughest tee times to get. There and Augusta are next to impossible. I spent the early part of my career on the buying side. I took full advantage of every opportunity to play everywhere i could. Couldn’t pull off Cypress regardless of what i tried.:D

You play Augusta?

DWC

Reaction score
You play Augusta?
No chance. I even hung around a job for a couple months before moving on because i thought i had a chance. Didn’t work out. Been to the Masters a hand full of times. Closest I’ll ever get.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
No chance. I even hung around a job for a couple months before moving on because i thought i had a chance. Didn’t work out. Been to the Masters a hand full of times. Closest I’ll ever get.

That sucks, but walking it would be cool. Maybe someday you get the chance.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got us an in! When are we playing?

Correction, WAS fun.
Although I still have many connections. As my old boss told me, a round of golf anywhere you want is only a phone call away.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
My old coworker Will manages that and Menifee Lakes.
The golf industry is definitely fun. I encourage any young kid to get into it and network.

I Know Will and the super that overseas those courses I've played with will a couple times he's a good dude. My old mechanic Juan works for them.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Early Tee time this morning. By 4th hole we were all sweating like pigs from the humidity.
20200822_115205.jpg
20200822_072422.jpg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Great classic line, "Just gimme a 5". Lol Speaks of a couple of OBs, lost balls, water balls, 4 putts etc etc etc.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Correction, WAS fun.
Although I still have many connections. As my old boss told me, a round of golf anywhere you want is only a phone call away.

Let me know if need help dialing?

BingerFang

Reaction score
106 at Westridge Thursday..... I swear I’m going backwards in my golf game 😂

Playing Fullerton this afternoon... leaving my driver at home, over it for now.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
106 at Westridge Thursday..... I swear I’m going backwards in my golf game 😂

Playing Fullerton this afternoon... leaving my driver at home, over it for now.
Good luck at FGC. Short Par 67 but the Brea Creek runs thru 12 of the holes. :p

BingerFang

Reaction score
Good luck at FGC. Short Par 67 but the Brea Creek runs thru 12 of the holes. :p

I was in New Mexico a few weeks ago visiting a family friend and played Sandia which is a 7,775 yard course. I played from the blues and shot a 92.

I haven’t played many nice courses yet, but dam that course was in excellent shape.

4A6ACA3F-7513-43D9-BAEE-8410F1D18896.jpeg

Wedgy

Reaction score
Man that looks like an awesome day. Good luck. And may the Force be with you!

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Cool thread! Just saw it.

I've played off and on my whole life but have been playing a lot more with my pops lately. The golf is golf, but the time with him is great! He usually kicks my ass but I give it a solid effort.
He's normally 84-89 on a par 72
Me 90-96 ish

Well i played with some guys from work Friday morning shot a 88 at eagle glen in corona... Pretty stoked with that!

probablecause

Reaction score
Falcon Crest in Boise, ID. Love it. Quail Hollow is fun but it eats golf balls

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I’d probably shoot 125+ on an 18 hole, but I’d probably take down a solid 8-10 on the 19th.

JD D05

Reaction score
Dam, great round!

Ya I felt good but even better today...played a tougher course and shot another 79 with 2 balls in a hazard. Hit 14 greens in reg, but did have a 3 put bogie.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Picked up a used set of 790’s 4-PW as encouragement to play better🤪

Attachments

• B2478AFC-4845-4031-ABED-7A2A79D3EDAF.jpeg
    B2478AFC-4845-4031-ABED-7A2A79D3EDAF.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 150

77charger

Reaction score
I still need to get on a course here in az still cheap to play and mornings are nice

FishSniper

Reaction score
Havent hit a ball in a few years I use to play quite a bit. Brought a couple clubs and may hit the range this weekend in Havasu gonna try to get back to playing again.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I still need to get on a course here in az still cheap to play and mornings are nice

Papago is my favorite out there depending on where you live. Always wanted to try out TPC and Troon