WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Hallett 335 Thread

eand28

Reaction score
Hub caps are still having to be held on with a washer is why really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they socket head cap screws? Should be the domed style screw which will eliminate the time washer

HavaToon

Reaction score
Are they socket head cap screws? Should be the domed style screw which will eliminate the time washer

This...^^^
Looking at the wheel pictures it has the wrong type of screw. Weld Evos came with a flat countersunk hex screw.
IMG_4034.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Anybody need or want to buy stock 600 cams, lifters, blue water control cables and indicator, air filters or any of this other stuff?

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
What do the air filters look like

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
New race line clutch fits but cap doesn’t of course

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Drone footage from today on lake pleasant

That thing keeps up with the boat pretty well! I have a Mavic Air and Doesn’t take long before I gotta stop and let it catch up lol.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It will only to 32 on active track but in sport mode it will go 45 though you can’t use active track with sport mode. I was only going 30-33 the entire video.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I will buy your old wheels when you are ready

Thanks Dave but at this point I dont have the time or energy to keeping looking for a +18 with a deep enough cap. Just going to keep these. I do like them actually.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Drone footage from today on lake pleasant

Good drone work... I know it takes practice.... don't be afraid to bring her right on down to the sides of the boat as you [or whoever is piloting drone] gets more comfortable ... great vids to be had underway. I've been trying to get my buddy and his Mavic back on my boat for some ocean wave jumping once swells are right. That's the goal. Unfortunately he crashed his first one on the first time out on boat taking vids.... tried to land it in his off hand while piloting with one hand.... the landing sensor freaked it out and hit the side of my boat and down she went like a brick. His rich girlfriends a giver though.... got another Mavic now.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Good drone work... I know it takes practice.... don't be afraid to bring her right on down to the sides of the boat as you [or whoever is piloting drone] gets more comfortable ... great vids to be had underway. I've been trying to get my buddy and his Mavic back on my boat for some ocean wave jumping once swells are right. That's the goal. Unfortunately he crashed his first one on the first time out on boat taking vids.... tried to land it in his off hand while piloting with one hand.... the landing sensor freaked it out and hit the side of my boat and down she went like a brick. His rich girlfriends a giver though.... got another Mavic now.

I’m going to fly it lower next time and see how that looks. I set the height and then selected active track and the movement was my buddy rotating its axis around the boat. Takes amazing video though

Riverryder

Reaction score
hey frogman you are gonna chase your tail trying to find rims with covers that go over bearing buddies. Discount searched for months to try and find some to fit my. Thin only way to get nice rims is to take bearing buddies off. But don’t thin the risk is worth the reward unless you have someone custom make caps for rims you like.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
hey frogman you are gonna chase your tail trying to find rims with covers that go over bearing buddies. Discount searched for months to try and find some to fit my. Thin only way to get nice rims is to take bearing buddies off. But don’t thin the risk is worth the reward unless you have someone custom make caps for rims you like.

I’ve given up. Sticking with what I’ve got.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Thanks Dave but at this point I dont have the time or energy to keeping looking for a +18 with a deep enough cap. Just going to keep these. I do like them actually.

If you want to go the black look just powder coat what you got. I think they would look good with a gloss black.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thinki would just machine some caps..?? If ya need help to see if we can fix the old caps on the original wheels I can probably come up with something.

The original caps are chromed plastic. I’ll just keep loctiting the screws and live with it. Not that big a deal in the scheme of things.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Port motor has had low coolant pressure and has been running hot since I got it back. Around 165. Mario is getting boat today to back flush the heat exchanger as it idles at 3lbs on the port side and 6lbs and the starboard side which is always 140.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Heres a video

HCP3

Reaction score
FYI.....Thats the first vid that you've posted that I can't view. I recall RDP mentioned the cause but couldn't tell ya what he said.

It is an Apple video format that causes the problem. Proprietary. Chrome and Firefox do not (or cannot) support it.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It is an Apple video format that causes the problem. Proprietary. Chrome and Firefox do not (or cannot) support it.

Try Edge browser maybe

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
There you go... just like stated earlier before your extravaganza; all those repair shenanigans are now behind you and everything's peaches & cream.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Well I wanted to see if I could fix a few issues yesterday on the boat but to no real end. My port side battery charger was not working but I discovered that it was not plugged in to the extension cord under the seat. Got that fixed. Second, not sure if my GPS recall is working right but that’s probably a simple wire swap since there’s only 3 wires on the switch. 3rd, I have 2 bilge pumps as there’s a center stringer that divides the bilge. They both work but only one at a time. When the switch is forward on manual, one of them works and when it’s down in auto, the other one works. Not sure what that’s about but simple wiring again.

Lastly, the overheating of the port motor issue continues. Mario never picked up the boat like he said he would when it was in for the Bimini a few weeks ago. I’m sick of taking this thing to havasu all the time and leaving it outside so I’m going to have Charlie at Octane fix that and seek reimbursement from Mario later. We ran each motor on the hose for 5 minutes yesterday and both had flow through the strainer but the port side was showing 2lbs at idle and the starboard was showing 5 at idle. In those 5 minutes, the port motor got to 172 and the starboard got to 141. Obviously there’s an issue with either the thermostat or blockage in the raw water side. Hoping it’s not in the drive itself but that’s under warranty anyway.

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Obviously there’s an issue with either the thermostat or blockage in the raw water side. Hoping it’s not in the drive itself but that’s under warranty anyway.
Pressure differential says pump or blockage to me. Would a pressure difference have anything to do with the thermostat? Kinda doubt that, but I guess it's possible.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Did you change the heat exchanger gaskets/check the passages?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So the new props are out for delivery along with the 28mm 6 point impact socket I had to order to get the prop kit off. It’s not a 1-1/16” or a 1-1/32” either before you say anything. Dropped by Octane yesterday and spoke with Daniel and Charlie. In the next two weeks they’re going to fix the overheating issue with the port motor, install the remaining cup holders, require the GPS recall switch and rewire the bilge pump switch.

Also, spoke to Brian there who’s going to remove the 6 old mounting points for the old Bimini, fill the holes, and color sand the oxidation out of the top of the gunnels and deck in front of the windshield. After that he’ll give it a full cut and buff with a wax and detail the interior to boot.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
So the new props are out for delivery along with the 28mm 6 point impact socket I had to order to get the prop kit off. It’s not a 1-1/16” or a 1-1/32” either before you say anything. Dropped by Octane yesterday and spoke with Daniel and Charlie. In the next two weeks they’re going to fix the overheating issue with the port motor, install the remaining cup holders, require the GPS recall switch and rewire the bilge pump switch.

Also, spoke to Brian there who’s going to remove the 6 old mounting points for the old Bimini, fill the holes, and color sand the oxidation out of the top of the gunnels and deck in front of the windshield. After that he’ll give it a full cut and buff with a wax and detail the interior to boot.

Same prop nuts we had on it? If so 1- 1/16th. Also where did you order props from again?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Same prop nuts we had on it? If so 1- 1/16th. Also where did you order props from again?

Merton Marine
So-Cal our the nuts on. It they may have come from IMCO. Prop shafts are now 1-7/16”

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Props are here. They look good polished too! 28mm showed up as well. Going to wait to do testing until Charlie is done fixing the port motor overheat issue.

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Props are here. They look good polished too! 28mm showed up as well. Going to wait to do testing until Charlie is done fixing the port motor overheat issue.

View attachment 923568
View attachment 923569
View attachment 923570
View attachment 923571
View attachment 923572
View attachment 923573
View attachment 923574
View attachment 923575
View attachment 923576
View attachment 923577
View attachment 923578
View attachment 923579
View attachment 923580

Dem bitches are sexy!

fastenuff3

Reaction score

View attachment 923568
View attachment 923569
View attachment 923570
View attachment 923571
View attachment 923572
View attachment 923573
View attachment 923574
View attachment 923575
View attachment 923576
View attachment 923577
View attachment 923578
View attachment 923579
View attachment 923580

what props are you changing. those new props are huge it will be impressive if it can pull them to 6000 rpm boat should be going 120 if it does

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
what props are you changing. those new props are huge it will be impressive if it can pull them to 6000 rpm boat should be going 120 if it does

They’re currently Maximus short tubes, lab’d, 15x32. Whipple told me they want to see these pulled to 5,600RPM WOT even though redline is 6,000RPM.