WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB's new M37R Hits the Water!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The back of that thing has the freeboard of a jet boat.

Honestly Grads it’s getting harder and harder to take the posts on here serious.. virtually all of the big cats / twin outboard cats have walk offs at the water level..

Styles changed from the original M series with the batwing 4’ out of the water..

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
From every angle, DCB hit this out of the park. Look forward to hearing how it does in the Ozarks.

McKay

Reaction score
Honestly Grads it’s getting harder and harder to take the posts on here serious.. virtually all of the big cats / twin outboard cats have walk offs at the water level..

Styles changed from the original M series with the batwing 4’ out of the water..

The stairs and the lack of "Freeboard" is what sold the wife and I on the 37. Being able to have 4-5 people hangout on the back of the boat is going to be very convenient.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It appears there is no front passenger seat. Am I blind?

Singleton

Reaction score
It appears there is no front passenger seat. Am I blind?

Port side was installed, starboard side was pending final measurements.
Boat leaves tonight for LOTO, seats are installed

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
wow, you seem angry and bitter.
1 - Tony has to be one of the nicest guys in the industry. Always takes time to talk, even when he is busy helping customers.
2 - this is a completely new hull design, built off the success of prior hulls designed by DCB.

so please stop trying to tie everything to Peter. Peter is the grandfather of performance boating (no one will argue that). But your continual BS makes you look like an ass!

Can vouch for Tony C being extremely nice, back when Lickity Split (RIP) was first finished he was delivering it to LOTO and stayed at the hotel I was working at with a few others of the DCB crew (Magoo, Swoop, the orange M35/1350). He arrived late and took some time to talk to an idiot college student like me working the front desk about the fresh build.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
Can vouch for Tony C being extremely nice, back when Lickity Split (RIP) was first finished he was delivering it to LOTO and stayed at the hotel I was working at with a few others of the DCB crew (Magoo, Swoop, the orange M35/1350). He arrived late and took some time to talk to an idiot college student like me working the front desk about the fresh build.

yep!
have BS’d with Tony while pumping gas multiple times in Havasu!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score

The only time I"ve ever met him, he was busy, at an after party... holding a buddy's kid, slowing rocking him to sleep in the back of area where the party was, just such a nice guy. DCB has come a long way and he deserves some of that credit.

Duramax

Reaction score
Anyway, what an AMAZING looking boat! WOW! I love Skaters, I loved my 40, but DCB is absolutely amazing with what they are doing. Love their passion for boating and new designs. 99% of people on this board wouldn't know if you were on a cat with a centerpod or not if asked (me included) so for them to continue to move out of their comfort zone is awesome. Hopefully one day I will own one.

Has any Skater owner/fan thought of this.......what will happen when Peter can no longer work or gets sick? He has no kids (who are interested anyway) with the business or any other family member. What DCB did, does after Dave left is amazing. Great for boating!

Congrats to the owner! Great job!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
No negativity here Dave. That’s one bad ass ride. And I for one am stoked for the new owners ! Congrats

riverroyal

Reaction score
I don’t know the guy and I can’t afford a DCB but if people are getting so upset and want him banned maybe there’s some truth to what he posts? Otherwise I can’t see why anyone would give two shits. That’s just what I see reading though everything though. I get the jealousy argument too though. A lot of people like to hate on me and I’ve summed that up as they’re just jealous. Of what? I don’t know. But it’s something.
probably your looks. I know JBNSOCAL and Grads think your hot

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate, Playa’s gonna play!!

Newtoboating= Hater
New 37’ DCB/owner= Playa’s

Bitchin boat, craftsmanship on par with anything out there! Awesome job DCB & Tony. 🔥🔥

renodaytona

Reaction score
Looks pretty BadAss. Interested to see the numbers it puts up. Victory and MTI are at the top for speed for the larger twin OB boats correct?

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Looks pretty BadAss. Interested to see the numbers it puts up. Victory and MTI are at the top for speed for the larger twin OB boats correct?

This DCB is incredible!!!
Doug Wright is also up there towards the top in the larger OB cats top mph.
Just my opinion, which means NOTHING, once these big boats get past 130 the last few mph don't mean anything to me, personally. There are rumors this latest DCB topped 130, which is fantastic, and also means it is a legitimate mid 120s or more in real world conditions with people, gear, fuel, etc. We all need to remember just how fast 120+ on the water is & not just focus on the very top mph #.
Huge congrats to new owner & the team @ DCB.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I actually like the direction DCB is going with this. It gives them legitimacy in this segment, which DW, MTI, and Skater have honing for a few years now. Mystic even has a 38' outboard cat, I believe. It will be nice to see DCBs at home in some bigger water (extra zip ties included). These outboard cats are the new hot rods...and heck, didn't DCB start by rigging outboard Machs?

As for Tony...it really hurts me to say this, but I actually like the guy. I think I met him 15 years ago or so (I think he was working/driving Eliminators back then). Even back then, that guy would wheel any boat he was in right to the edge- mad respect. I don't know many guys who drive (or space zip-ties evenly) like he does...let alone a nice guy to boot.*

*Don't let this go to your head, Tony.

PlanB

Reaction score
Home run by DCB! Nice to see a true cat coming out of the premier West coast builder. Looks like a fun boat to do some Catalina runs in....

Dog

Reaction score
Coming through Oklahoma.

118142765_3940017439358762_4018018764666070975_n.jpg

HCP3

Reaction score
Those damn Oversize Load signs. You go through one every trip, and break flags every trip too! Man, imagine if it wins it's class!?!?

It is running the shootout?! No wonder why DCB did not want to disclose the top speed yet.

SHEP

Reaction score
Sick boat for sure.

How do they get the salt off/out of the brand new trailer? Do they just use salt away and thoroughly hose it down? Or are the new trailers they are making not affected like they used to be?

Thanks,
SHEP

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sick boat for sure.

How do they get the salt off/out of the brand new trailer? Do they just use salt away and thoroughly hose it down? Or are the new trailers they are making not affected like they used to be?

Thanks,
SHEP

I am pretty sure that is an aluminum trailer that is painted. Not a steel trailer. :)

Duramax

Reaction score
Sick boat for sure.

Thanks,
SHEP
My aluminum trailer under my Spectre had a bitchen wash down system that you attached the garden hose too. Let it run for 5 minutes and it was pretty good.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'm pleased to see a DCB in salt.... we've got nothing that purdy running around OC near shore and out to Catalina. I always assumed DCB boats were maybe too fancy for offshore... kinda like taking a Bently on a dirt road. But the builds we've seen Tony post indicate they are well built so shoot, I say let em fly! Enclosed cooling system and go.

McKay

Reaction score
Yes, when I checked out that trailer at their shop it is painted aluminum. Wish there was an aluminum tilt option.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My aluminum trailer under my Spectre had a bitchen wash down system that you attached the garden hose too. Let it run for 5 minutes and it was pretty good.

Who built the trailer? A thread on this would be cool.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I see a whole lot of change coming. With DCB in the game with the other big boys now, their fit and finish will put them high up on the East Coast map, as well I’d bet we see a lot of M31-M44’s up for sale soon to jump into this boat. They through up the red one, hull is complete and off to rigging, they came out hard this time.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Everyone knew it would be fast. I believe I saw turning strakes (or whatever the correct term is) on the bottom. Pretty certain it will turn GREAT. Looks amazing. Can't wait to hear from Tony & other professional drivers how it handles confused water conditions & bigger water than Havapuddle. Amazing new boat, congrats DCB.

Sandbarhoppen

Reaction score
I see a whole lot of change coming. With DCB in the game with the other big boys now, their fit and finish will put them high up on the East Coast map, as well I’d bet we see a lot of M31-M44’s up for sale soon to jump into this boat. They through up the red one, hull is complete and off to rigging, they came out hard this time.
I am hoping your correct! I have my eyes open to jump from my 28R to a 33R! Hopefully one of the 33s with 450s decides to upgrade to a 37R!

HCP3

Reaction score
Do they have any i/o plans for the 37?

attitude

Reaction score
What is the reason for testing without cows on? Guessing easier to adjust something.
Supposedly it gives you about another 3 mph due to better cooling, just like cracking your hatch on a I/O

Joe mama

Reaction score
Isn’t the weather going to turn to shit in the next few days?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d honestly rock one of these, a MTI 390x or a 32 DW too but I’d need more sound. These OBs are just too quiet for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you heard the 450’s wizz bye? At idle they have a soft rumble and when they go flying past they sound down right angry. I never thought i could like the quiet but if i had the right numbers on my powerball this would be it for sure.

Reactions: DWC