WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Square bodies.

bonesfab

Reaction score
5B750B00-837A-4A4E-B1FD-EFB933A9373C.jpeg
99484845-85D8-4572-8996-C25BF22D084B.jpeg
DD27FA9D-3D28-4C61-BC01-8AD394B41D16.jpeg
30ABFC75-9474-488A-944B-9DF03B2332CC.jpeg
Here are a few pics of the brackets for the steps. And of the front end. We might be doing stoppies in this thing. 24 pistons of braking power. :)

mswasey

Reaction score
Threadjack, but may be helpful for someone reading this thread. I know someone selling this 76 if anyone is interested.
384C0110-1D03-45F2-94ED-8D858613B94C.jpeg
7086803C-6630-464A-BE6D-E020FDC254F2.jpeg

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
@bonesfab You are killing me here dude. Your thread would be so much better if you would take the time to turn those pics prior to posting. Awesome build, just hard to follow along while seeing everything sideways.

bonesfab

Reaction score
@bonesfab You are killing me here dude. Your thread would be so much better if you would take the time to turn those pics prior to posting. Awesome build, just hard to follow along while seeing everything sideways.

educate me on how to do it. Sometimes they are fine and sometimes they are drunk. Not a clue what’s happening

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
educate me on how to do it. Sometimes they are fine and sometimes they are drunk. Not a clue what’s happening
Not sure if you are using a phone or downloading from your computer. I'm not sure about I phones, but on a droid you can edit your photo's before sharing them. Usually there is a tab you can click to rotate them. Same on most desk tops.

Or, just hold whatever you are using as your camera 90 degree's to the right! 😂

But back on topic. What wheels are on that truck. I want those for my Jeep!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The Beast is looking great... keep em coming [sideways or upright, lol]

bonesfab

Reaction score
Not sure if you are using a phone or downloading from your computer. I'm not sure about I phones, but on a droid you can edit your photo's before sharing them. Usually there is a tab you can click to rotate them. Same on most desk tops.

Or, just hold whatever you are using as your camera 90 degree's to the right! 😂

But back on topic. What wheels are on that truck. I want those for my Jeep!
The wheels are Us mags. They are being reproduced. I have tried the phone both ways.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
The wheels are Us mags. They are being reproduced. I have tried the phone both ways.
I'll try and find those. Looking for 17 x 9 on a 5 x 5.5 6 lug (off a 72 K5).

In regards to the pics, you'll have to play around with your edit or cut and crop feature on your phone. All of them should have them. Awesome work either way.

WildWilly

Reaction score
in case anyone needs, I have front high back buckets, center console and rear bench out of an 84 in blue, fronts are thread bare, rear is in decent shape but I bought some customer seat covers that actually never got sat in. I also have some 4" lift springs (unsure of make).

Looking for a Dana 60 front that I'd trade or buy cash...in case anyone has one lying around.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So as I have stated on here before I have a square body issue. I currently have 6 of them. My first was a 1974 k5 blazer I rebuilt in my moms driveway when I was 20.

My second was a 2wd crew cab c20. It was a beater we called hoopty. I was going to turn it into a 4wd but a good deal came along on a factory k30 crew cab that was a theft recovery.

That turned into my big orange truck. I did a frame off build 22 years ago and still have it. It has a blown 509 with a 4l80e/np205 combo in it. That got replaced with a 12 valve Cummins and a Allison 5-speed combo.

The hoopty got totaled so I bought a 88 crew cab dual my with a bad engine and put the drivetrain from the totaled truck in it. That lasted for a while and it picked up a rod knock. Decided to do a 6.0-4l80e swap and try and get it pat the smash nazis. Still working on the smog issues.

My little orange truck was the bright idea of doing a shop truck that I could let potential customers take for a spin to see what a ls swap could do for them. Like all projects it has gone a little sideways. It now has a mildly built 6.0 ls with a Vortech supercharger and a t56 manual. It has a ridetech street grip suspension kit and 14” Wilwoods all the way around. A Dakota dash and vintage air help out the comfort inside. I got some help from some of the manufacturers that I deal with on this one

I found another 74 crew cab on Craigslist and for some stupid reason brought it home. The fact it was orange had nothing to do with it. It has a 350tbi and 4l80e combo and was lowered. I havent done anything with this one yet but a crew cab short bed is in the thought process.

And the final one is a 89 suburban that a customer had and we did some trading. Didn’t need it. Now I am thinking a stock 12 valve and 4l80e combo and make it my stealth river runner. 80 mph and 20 plus mpg and nobody would look twice at it.

Now the reason for this post was the rebuild of the blazer. I got it back after trading it away for a piece of equipment when I opened my business. Drove it for a few weeks and it blew a head gasket. So now I am rebuilding the way I want to now. When I built it I was young and poor. Now I know more and have a few dollars to do it right. Plus these things are getting popular and I might be able to make a few bucks on it. I started ordering parts a few months ago and now the fun starts. All ORD suspension. Alcan springs, king shocks are on order, PSC crossover steering should update the suspension nicely. I am putting the 509 that was in the other truck in it after a freshen up. A 4l80e/np205 combo now. Might be going with one ton axles. Got it all stripped down and mocking things View attachment 854704 View attachment 854705 View attachment 854707 View attachment 854708 View attachment 854709 View attachment 854710 View attachment 854711 View attachment 854712 View attachment 854713 View attachment 854714 View attachment 854715 View attachment 854716 View attachment 854717 View attachment 854718 View attachment 854719 View attachment 854720
The GOAL...... https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-gmc-jimmy-2/

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where it ends up at.
Indeed... thought you'd appreciate tracking given all the work you're putting in. I'm watching these pull as much as $70K depending on build, numbers matching etc.... hot streak these past couple years. There's a 74 K5 in Parker a buddy drove by this weekend... $6500 obo. Needs work of course but great starter potentially.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
PPG? Hate those fuckers ha.... I used to work for AkzoNobel in their Sikkens line so very biased. We were pretty arrogant thinking Sikkens was the Rolls Royce of vehicle paints. Both great coatings companies though ... which PPG brand did you choose?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Crazy shit.
Keep receipts and track of hours on your build if possible... just out of curiosity after completion....word has it that folks who buy these aren't losing money on them over many years.

WildWilly

Reaction score
there was a LS3/4L80 4 linked front and rear on King 3.0's that was super clean and set up right for hardcore offroading, but in a finished package. listed at 85K and was sold at 80 in less than 2 weeks.

there are lots of people like anything else that don't want to put the time and money to get them there, but will pay top dollar for one that fits what they want. Almost seems easier to sell a highly complete one than a bucket these days

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Agreed... and adding that this era vehicle isn't depreciating opens up a larger audience to consider for purchase. I gotta believe the $70K+ builds won't actually hold sustained value and is such a limited market that it'd be a tougher sell. However the builds that fall in the sub $50K range will continue to have a rabid audience. I'm curious to get perspective from the guys that are investing time, sweat and cash and how they balance how deep they get on the builds as it relates to what it can bring on the market. I'm sure for many it becomes a labor of love and these projects can become shall we say, a losing venture. And they just enjoy their cool rides for a bit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
40K.... and 6 days to go

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I agree but still can't get over the fact that something at this level might see 60K, lol.... like you said; its basic.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So as I have stated on here before I have a square body issue. I currently have 6 of them. My first was a 1974 k5 blazer I rebuilt in my moms driveway when I was 20.

My second was a 2wd crew cab c20. It was a beater we called hoopty. I was going to turn it into a 4wd but a good deal came along on a factory k30 crew cab that was a theft recovery.

That turned into my big orange truck. I did a frame off build 22 years ago and still have it. It has a blown 509 with a 4l80e/np205 combo in it. That got replaced with a 12 valve Cummins and a Allison 5-speed combo.

The hoopty got totaled so I bought a 88 crew cab dual my with a bad engine and put the drivetrain from the totaled truck in it. That lasted for a while and it picked up a rod knock. Decided to do a 6.0-4l80e swap and try and get it pat the smash nazis. Still working on the smog issues.

My little orange truck was the bright idea of doing a shop truck that I could let potential customers take for a spin to see what a ls swap could do for them. Like all projects it has gone a little sideways. It now has a mildly built 6.0 ls with a Vortech supercharger and a t56 manual. It has a ridetech street grip suspension kit and 14” Wilwoods all the way around. A Dakota dash and vintage air help out the comfort inside. I got some help from some of the manufacturers that I deal with on this one

I found another 74 crew cab on Craigslist and for some stupid reason brought it home. The fact it was orange had nothing to do with it. It has a 350tbi and 4l80e combo and was lowered. I havent done anything with this one yet but a crew cab short bed is in the thought process.

And the final one is a 89 suburban that a customer had and we did some trading. Didn’t need it. Now I am thinking a stock 12 valve and 4l80e combo and make it my stealth river runner. 80 mph and 20 plus mpg and nobody would look twice at it.

Now the reason for this post was the rebuild of the blazer. I got it back after trading it away for a piece of equipment when I opened my business. Drove it for a few weeks and it blew a head gasket. So now I am rebuilding the way I want to now. When I built it I was young and poor. Now I know more and have a few dollars to do it right. Plus these things are getting popular and I might be able to make a few bucks on it. I started ordering parts a few months ago and now the fun starts. All ORD suspension. Alcan springs, king shocks are on order, PSC crossover steering should update the suspension nicely. I am putting the 509 that was in the other truck in it after a freshen up. A 4l80e/np205 combo now. Might be going with one ton axles. Got it all stripped down and mocking things View attachment 854704 View attachment 854705 View attachment 854707 View attachment 854708 View attachment 854709 View attachment 854710 View attachment 854711 View attachment 854712 View attachment 854713 View attachment 854714 View attachment 854715 View attachment 854716 View attachment 854717 View attachment 854718 View attachment 854719 View attachment 854720
Thought you might wanna see this.... currently at 45K with bidding ending Tuesday.....

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
but then this one I'd expect to be doing much better with less tha 24hrs to go https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-gmc-jimmy-2/
Yeah thats interesting... we'll see if these slammed versions pull as much $. That look does nothing for me but we'll see what the audience says.

BTW... I haven't forgotten to bug you for some posted pics of your 3/20 build you started... don't let BonesFab have all the fun.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Yeah thats interesting... we'll see if these slammed versions pull as much $. That look does nothing for me but we'll see what the audience says.

BTW... I haven't forgotten to bug you for some posted pics of your 3/20 build you started... don't let BonesFab have all the fun.

well I'm not as badass as Bones, this job was a little out of my comfort zone so a shop is doing the suspension but I'll be there tomorrow and grab some updated pics

WildWilly

Reaction score
so in the comments they clarified its actually a blazer body laid on a 96 Caprice....makes way more sense now

WildWilly

Reaction score
what is the wheel/tire size and final lift height? Looks awesome

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
BonesFab.... been awhile..... how's that black K5 project doing my man?

bonesfab

Reaction score
BonesFab.... been awhile..... how's that black K5 project doing my man?

I have been driving it some. Still waiting on interior pieces. Finally got word they are making my wheels for it. still a couple weeks out in those. Been real busy at the shop and haven't done much lately.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I like em.... very unique. Man she's purdy.... you went a bit larger with the tire package than my 72' I once owned. They are so fun to cruise around town in. You are WAY up in the air on that one. Did you catch that one this week on Bring A Trailer .... light green 69' .... bidding at 40K and climbing.

Oh and proper dog!

bonesfab

Reaction score
I like em.... very unique. Man she's purdy.... you went a bit larger with the tire package than my 72' I once owned. They are so fun to cruise around town in. You are WAY up in the air on that one. Did you catch that one this week on Bring A Trailer .... light green 69' .... bidding at 40K and climbing.

Oh and proper dog!

Thank you. They add a bit of elegance to it. The blazers have been going stupid on bring a trailer. a nice black one just sold for 110,000.00 Nice but not that nice.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thank you. They add a bit of elegance to it. The blazers have been going stupid on bring a trailer. a nice black one just sold for 110,000.00 Nice but not that nice.
Dang... not sure a K5 could get THAT nice lol.

Backlash

Reaction score
The truck looks good Bones! The new wheels are nice but I really liked the ones you had on there. They looked like Halibrands. Sweet ride for sure though! 👍

bonesfab

Reaction score
The truck looks good Bones! The new wheels are nice but I really liked the ones you had on there. They looked like Halibrands. Sweet ride for sure though! 👍
I thought about only putting these on one side to start with. I liked the old ones too. But these are a one off and makes it more elegant.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Tailgate... FYI, I have a Fleet side tailgate, very nice, no dents, one small scratch, with all the hinge hardware etc... Not sure what it's worth but open to fair offers. Also, nice tube grill, rolling chassis, 14 bolt r/end with running SBC, (glove box tag says 400 but I haven' got under it to check) and 400 turbo trans. I had plans for the engine and trans, but too many other projects going on..
Truck was complete driver, been parked for years, but starts and drives. I hate to send it to the crusher...
NO TITLE, if you're interested, or know someone, call me, we can work something out..
Not sure of the year, but it is a "square body"
Ray 805 300 0012