WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FIOS VOIP, business phone system?

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
We moved our office over the weekend and brought our existing phone system and inside phone contractor to the new place. It hasn’t worked since Saturday. Our guy (Avaya) says it’s frontier, frontier has had 4 different techs out, they say it’s his equipment. Does any member sell or install this stuff? Or who do you use in your offices. It’s 3 line plus 1 fax. I need this remedied ASAP, we can’t receive any phone calls. The internet WiFi stuff is working fine.
Thanks-Dave

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We used a broker and ended up with net2phone.

Been pretty happy with the new set up. I moved 12 lines

It's not a quick over night deal it takes weeks. They have to schedule a port to yank the #'s over and then set up.

I can send you the brokers info if you like.

J 2

Reaction score
We moved our office over the weekend and brought our existing phone system and inside phone contractor to the new place. It hasn’t worked since Saturday. Our guy (Avaya) says it’s frontier, frontier has had 4 different techs out, they say it’s his equipment. Does any member sell or install this stuff? Or who do you use in your offices. It’s 3 line plus 1 fax. I need this remedied ASAP, we can’t receive any phone calls. The internet WiFi stuff is working fine.
Thanks-Dave
I've been a phone guy since 1987, I'm familiar with all of that and will give you all the free advice you want. If Frontier is providing you dial tone which is what this reads like that's pretty simple to verify. Did you call forward your main number to your cell through Frontier for the mean time?

The only system I sell now is Logmein's GoToConnect Hosted VoIP. I'm not a broker, I actually go to offices to do installs, maintain the systems myself with the back up of Logmein support staff. Brokers make the sale, collect the monthly commission and walk away most of the time.

The process to change carriers does take a couple of weeks. Not that this is for you, but utilizing call forwarding I've had systems replaced same day to get clients back in business. There's cell phone and computer apps that can be downloaded and used immediately, regular desk phones take about a week to get.

Last edited:

DaveTic

Reaction score
Dave did you get the phones fixed?

DaveTic

Reaction score
That really sucks. I feel for him no phones make it hard. I let everyone in my office know if they need IAB use cell phones.

BONER

Reaction score
Desk Phones are a thing of the past.

3CX is the way to go. I used to sell it. PM me if you need a Vendor / Installer / Manager.