WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m going to do the 50” front light bar, rear chase light bar, windshield, spare tire, and crescent bed storage.

riverroyal

Reaction score
So price of unit is step one. Then the add ons....does the dealership do the add ons or it arrives complete? Interesting

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So price of unit is step one. Then the add ons....does the dealership do the add ons or it arrives complete? Interesting

arrives built from the factory with all options you selected.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Call me Vin if already posted:
Car # 9** sold for $4k
Car sub # 76 sold for $6k in 3 hours
I will say i didn’t think the demand would be that hot. That’s better return than a lot of investments lol My Bro in law is in the low 400’s and he was told delivery in early Dec. for his.

B66A76FC-FAB4-4BE9-8F37-01ADCD467A86.jpeg
4F9E9565-DC5C-4DA2-9BC2-26FF8AC52DB8.png
FE494681-02BC-48BE-B793-3708F053B85B.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m car 113 and I got 10,400 in the upgrades prepaid..

Sooo.. if anyone wants to make an offer? :D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m car 113 and I got 10,400 in the upgrades prepaid..

Sooo.. if anyone wants to make an offer? :D

The “Covid effect” is real lol
I put my 04’ PW50 up for $850 and had it sold in an hour, the closest comp was $900 lol

Hdgasser

Reaction score
I’m car number 55 and only got a windshield and warranty, the rest of the crap on speeds accessory lost is all cheap Chinese shit which is kinda disappointing considering the prices. Do google Image search on it all... you’ll be surprised what you come up with.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m car number 55 and only got a windshield and warranty, the rest of the crap on speeds accessory lost is all cheap Chinese shit which is kinda disappointing considering the prices. Do google Image search on it all... you’ll be surprised what you come up with.

Yea I’m rolling most of my own stuff once I get the car. I can save $100 on the Speed (Xprite) chase bar buying direct, and $500 on 50” front light bar alone, so I think I’m gonna skip the Speed front light bar.

They have said the light bar uses their Wildcat light bar mount. That light bar mount is 2 plates and a couple clamps for $200, and could easily be made for much cheaper. I’ll probably get a Rough Country black series curved 50” light bar for the front.

I’m going to have the car apart anyway to mount comms, so adding a couple light bars and a helmet blower with the seats and console out will be cake.

I might get the Speed seat heater inserts. Still undecided. Sadly the overpriced windshield and the spare tire (which is reasonable in price) are must buys.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Call me Vin if already posted:
Car # 9** sold for $4k
Car sub # 76 sold for $6k in 3 hours
I will say i didn’t think the demand would be that hot. That’s better return than a lot of investments lol My Bro in law is in the low 400’s and he was told delivery in early Dec. for his.

View attachment 918253 View attachment 918255 View attachment 918256

These are going to be like the Ford Raptors of the UTV world, for a little while at least. I’m guessing I’ll be able to get close to a $10k profit on mine when delivered if I decide to sell it. Especially since the person won’t have to pay sales tax on a new one.

I’m car #1010 and they are telling me late Dec.

Between dealers and private orders they have over 6000 units committed for sale as of last week.

Also they confirmed there will be a Speed Factory UTV dealer in Anaheim, in addition to the one in Havasu. Happy to hear that as I can get parts close to either home.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hey Dave, let's see your graphics choice. I'm # 456 and I'm still trying to decide on colors.

It seems the configurator is now closed for us that have not gotten an “invitation” yet.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Go to the Speed Utv fagbook...there is a link that works.

I don’t fag but I’ll poke around the site again. Have you decided on what graphic scheme you want? You stuck with the LE right?

37 boat

Reaction score
I don’t fag but I’ll poke around the site again. Have you decided on what graphic scheme you want? You stuck with the LE right?
I'm still negotiating with them about the RG upgrade, beyond that we can't even decide which scheme let alone colors. They gave us too many choices lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm still negotiating with them about the RG upgrade, beyond that we can't even decide which scheme let alone colors. They gave us too many choices lol.

I know we discussed the RG thing a couple months ago - that it is a $3k increase in price but requires more deposit up front. If that is incorrect, let me know.

I really don’t care for their comms package with the PTT buttons and helmet jacks on the dash. I get why they are doing it that way, but all the wires and reaching for PTT buttons would constantly annoy me.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I know we discussed the RG thing a couple months ago - that it is a $3k increase in price but requires more deposit up front. If that is incorrect, let me know.

I really don’t care for their comms package with the PTT buttons and helmet jacks on the dash. I get why they are doing it that way, but all the wires and reaching for PTT buttons would constantly annoy me.
My family member’s going with this:

6AD456BF-191D-4FF2-8610-C11DDBA13722.jpeg

37 boat

Reaction score

It is 5k now which is not a good value at all, I'm trying to get them to honor the 3k number since I was one of the first 500 cars. I hear you on the dash...I'm confident that I could fab something up to my liking.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It is 5k now which is not a good value at all, I'm trying to get them to honor the 3k number since I was one of the first 500 cars. I hear you on the dash...I'm confident that I could fab something up to my liking.

Yep that is dumb, and not what I was told, but that was a couple months ago.

I may ask what the stock dash panel is made of. I'm going to use it as a template either way, but if it is metal, that would be very quick and easy. I also want to ask about their Lowrance 7" GPS mount if they have gotten that far yet. If it will just be the same one they use for the Wildcat, I may just get that, and build something nicer along the way. If you want the comms and the GPS on the dash, it looks like something custom will have to be fabbed up for sure.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
4AA76AC5-5170-4FBD-AC21-E80F6F4FBF51.jpeg

#44 Just went on the chopping block for 6K LOL

Hdgasser

Reaction score
I’m gonna do the same as far as comms go. Gonna slap a couple Baja design LP6’s on the pillars and some XL80 pros down low. I’ve got a water jet at work to make whatever panels I need and also gonna throw in a switch pros panel and probably a S&B air pumper setup.

im just hoping this things not a turd lol

Kept it simple white and black carbon for resale
D2EA2226-C37C-4903-922E-AECBE0196551.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m gonna do the same as far as comms go. Gonna slap a couple Baja design LP6’s on the pillars and some XL80 pros down low. I’ve got a water jet at work to make whatever panels I need and also gonna throw in a switch pros panel and probably a S&B air pumper setup.

im just hoping this things not a turd lol

Kept it simple white and black carbon for resale
View attachment 918423

When the time comes let me know, I'd love help design some dash panels

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Dave, let's see your graphics choice. I'm # 456 and I'm still trying to decide on colors.

I got the rg edition so there is only three color choices.. we went with the blCk one.

Basically the only things I didn’t buy was the bumpers light bar / air seat thing and heaters..

the interior is getting pulled on mine before I even get it to mount a bench in the back for the kids.. so the front seats are getting yanked to match the bench. I’ll put seat heaters at that time. I’ll have morphic Custom fab the bumpers, and I want to do the KC‘s up top instead of a light bar. I think it will look better with that funky roof rack thing I got..

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got the rg edition so there is only three color choices.. we went with the blCk one.

Basically the only things I didn’t buy was the bumpers light hard air seat thjng and heaters..

the interior is getting pulled on mine before I even get it to mount a bench in the back for the kids.. so the front seats are getting yanked to match the bench. I’ll put seat heaters etcat that time. I’ll have morphic Custom fab the bumpers, and I want to do the KC‘s up top instead of a light bar. I think it will look better with that funky roof rack thing I got..

KCs will look sick with the roof rack - nice.

37 boat

Reaction score

Basically the only things I didn’t buy was the bumpers light hard air seat thjng and heaters..

the interior is getting pulled on mine before I even get it to mount a bench in the back for the kids.. so the front seats are getting yanked to match the bench. I’ll put seat heaters etcat that time. I’ll have morphic Custom fab the bumpers, and I want to do the KC‘s up top instead of a light bar. I think it will look better with that funky roof rack thing I got..
Hmmm...one of the reasons I want the RG is for the ultra-suede seats and steering wheel. Are you putting new covers on the fronts or matching the bench seat to the fronts?

LowRiver2

Reaction score

KC’a Rock , at $2400 for 8 they better lol
Love mine

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Sooo people are selling the cars they have on order? Does the money they put down determine the price they sell it for? I’m a little confused on how that works.

Have any of these actually been built and delivered yet?

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Sooo people are selling the cars they have on order? Does the money they put down determine the price they sell it for? I’m a little confused on how that works.

Basically paying 6k for a 1500 deposit to ensure you get an early car.

not a single car has been built yet but supposedly the first couple hundred are due to be in by thanksgiving.

I’ll be honest I bought the damn thing to sell it, but once they started out with all the vids and I started really looking at it I’m diggin it... if they can deliver my car by thanksgiving cool, if not whatever... I’ve waited this long.

we’ll see what happens I guess.

i am taking 10gal of e85 with me when I pick the damn thing up, hope Coyne doesn’t mind the skid marks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The price has already gone up $3k and will go up another $2k-3k in December depending on what model. So the folks that are paying $6k for a low number spot will have a car basically at retail price to them, but won’t have to wait months for a car like if they ordered one in December, or right now.

That car allocation cost $1500, towards a $32k car originally That $32k car is now $35k, and will got to $37k.

I think the markup will be even higher once these things are delivered, and I see the prices increasing as the Speed UTV brand takes off (pending the cars don’t fail upon debut). :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hmmm...one of the reasons I want the RG is for the ultra-suede seats and steering wheel. Are you putting new covers on the fronts or matching the bench seat to the fronts?

Buy RD’s seat covers :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I will be pulling all of the seats out of the car and putting in a whole interior is my current plan. Most likely new Simpson seats and a bench in the back just like my can am.

we have to get the car first to figure out how that’s all gonna work.. so I don’t want to guarantee anything. I don’t believe I will be needing the “seat covers”. Because I don’t believe they would match anything I’d have built..

37 boat

Reaction score
I will be pulling all of the seats out of the car and putting in a whole interior is my current plan. Most likely new Simpson seats and a bench in the back just like my can am.

we have to get the car first to figure out how that’s all gonna work.. so I don’t want to guarantee anything. I don’t believe I will be needing the “seat covers”. Because I don’t believe they would match anything I’d have built..
Gotcha, maybe we can make a deal later down the road when you figure out what you're going to do.

jesco

Reaction score
Robbie and Max are suppose to be racing these at the UTVWC in Havasu. I think he has (3) cars going, racing them in the Pro Turbo class....

37 boat

Reaction score
Robbie and Max are suppose to be racing these at the UTVWC in Havasu. I think he has (3) cars going, racing them in the Pro Turbo class....
He is already hedging this a little...I believe he said in last weeks presentation he might be in the Dakar Speed Cat.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Bernie Maddoff to the white courtesy phone...just kidding. I still cant believe the sales and hype over something that doesn't exist yet. That picture (like above) are laughable at this point in the business life.
They dont have finished versions that are currently being tested somewhere and the start shipping in a few months?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Bernie Maddoff to the white courtesy phone...just kidding. I still cant believe the sales and hype over something that doesn't exist yet. That picture (like above) are laughable at this point in the business life.
They dont have finished versions that are currently being tested somewhere and the start shipping in a few months?

Apparently, they guard their proprietary technology on utv's pretty serious. No spy pics. No real world testing. The security around these sxs's is amazing.

Ford, GM, Ram/Dodge, Mercury Marine, Toyota and Nissan, among others, should learn from them.

Bahner boats come to mind.

Dan'l

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Apparently, they guard their proprietary technology on utv's pretty serious. No spy pics. No real world testing. The security around these sxs's is amazing.

Ford, GM, Ram/Dodge, Mercury Marine, Toyota and Nissan, among others, should learn from them.

Bahner boats come to mind.

Dan'l

Who said they aren't testing them?

Just because there hasn't been spy photos of it being tested yet you believe it doesn't exist?

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Engines have been tested, suspension components are being tested. Test mules for engines, parts and geometry have existed for over a year - The XXXX cars at the sand show last year.

Polaris and Cam Am don't really do it any differently. You just are not exposed to the design and test process. They are also a small company and can move very fast.

Things change so fast, if you spend 3 years designing a SXS, you end up with a Honda Talon.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He is already hedging this a little...I believe he said in last weeks presentation he might be in the Dakar Speed Cat.

That is what I heard as well. He said the cars would be there, they may or may not race.

Status
Not open for further replies.