WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Hit and Run Near River Lodge.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Not sure if Vin posted as I couldn't find a thread about it.

On Saturday, September 5th, 2020 at approximately 5:15 pm, deputies from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Colorado River Station Marine Enforcement Unit responded to a boating collision near the River Lodge Resort on the Colorado River north of Parker.

The investigation revealed that a 19 year-old man from Cottonwood, AZ was riding on a tube along with a female rider when they both fell off. As their vessel circled to pick them up, an unknown vessel traveling south struck the man. The vessel continued south and did not stop for the victim after the collision. Buckskin Fire personnel rendered first aid to the man, who was found along the shoreline with members of his family. He had reportedly suffered major upper body injuries and was transported to a nearby landing zone and flown to a trauma center in Goodyear, AZ.

Investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the unknown vessel that struck the victim. Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact Deputy Brian Weck at the Colorado River Station Marine Enforcement Unit. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or you may leave information on the We-Tip Hotline at wetip.com.

Sherry Lynn
September 6, 2020 at 8:21 pm

This is my brother in law I witnessed this happen from a few feet away. If you see this boat it’s a magic deck boat the nose of the boat and the back of the boat is tan the middle of the boat has a design and the colors are blue black and white and then it has a black Bimini top that covers the whole top of the boat

98special

Reaction score
What shit head was driving that boat. Hope they catch him.
Prayers your way. 🙏

Wedgy

Reaction score
May not have realized he hit someone if the just fell off the tube depending on how far the tow boat had to circle around? Sad deal either way.

Doesn't matter. Vessel operator is still responsible. If the above is the case, totally unsafe operation. Operating way too close, too fast, and unaware of surroundings. Hit and run is still hit and run. Prayers for the victims. Justice too. This accident absolutely did not need to happen.

4Waters

Reaction score
My wife saw this last night on FB. The victim lost an arm unfortunately, what I can't understand is why would anyone want to tube, ski or anything on parker with how busy it was this weekend, the operator shouldn't have allowed it either. Get up at the crack of dawn and do it then.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
That boat description sounds pretty unique. If it is correct, that Magic should be fairly easy to identify. Tan colors on the bow and stern with black and white mid section graphics and a full length black Bimini. Seen a ton of Magics but never one like that.
They most likely boat on Parker or Havasu I'm assuming

cakemoto

Reaction score
Well they posted a picture of the boat and right in front of my buddies boat is that magic. I thought it was my buddies boat There were looking for... thank god

SternDrive

Reaction score
Well they posted a picture of the boat and right in front of my buddies boat is that magic. I thought it was my buddies boat There were looking for... thank god
Need to post that photo here

mobldj

Reaction score
fact.everyone hauls ass right there before the rock reef.everyone tubes there to which is more than stupid.that magic should stand out like a sore thumb.landed the medivac on our little shit golf course to evac.sad deal all the way around.

Last edited:

cakemoto

Reaction score
EEA7EFCC-4134-4237-B8F3-D53F80C3F3E0.png

DWC

Reaction score
That’s really sad. Always a bummer to hear about someone getting hurt out on the water.
No chance anyone is tubing except first thing in the morning most weekends out here. We had a kid in front of us fall off a tube Saturday morning just past Copper Canyon. The driver didn’t notice until they were 100 yards away. Even then didn’t pull a quick Uturn and fly back. Young kid was floating for longer than i would have wanted. It really is amazing more people don’t get hurt.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That’s really sad. Always a bummer to hear about someone getting hurt out on the water.
No chance anyone is tubing except first thing in the morning most weekends out here. We had a kid in front of us fall off a tube Saturday morning just past Copper Canyon. The driver didn’t notice until they were 100 yards away. Even then didn’t pull a quick Uturn and fly back. Young kid was floating for longer than i would have wanted. It really is amazing more people don’t get hurt.
Seen people towing kids in tubes in some of the worst thinkable locations on the lake.....like some of the heaviest traffic areas or middle of lake with 2-3 foot chop all around.
Scares the shit outta me.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If someone has a pic please post it. That boat will be easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
If it is the purple boat with the tower, that isn't a magic. That looks to be a 210, or 220 eliminator eagle

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They Post 2 boats in the pic and doesn't clarify. WTF. Why post the tow boat and confuse people.
A post in haste most likely....but yeah, more clarification would be nice.

old rigger

Reaction score
Its strange that they didn't catch the boater in question. We were hanging out at the water and our neighbor is a retired Buckskin Fireman and carries his little scanner everywhere. He says 'the new fire boat should be coming by any second heading up to River Lodge' (we're at Marina Village, just up from Roadrunner) . Sure enough that new Nordic comes flying by followed by a few sheriff boats. A little generic looking boat on the other side of the river, a 18-20 Tahoe open bow or something like that, stopped one of the sheriff boats and we could hear him shouting about the boat that hit the tuber. Sheriff turned around and hauled ass down river.

Hope they get the fucker.

As crowded as it was yesterday, it was the least busy Saturday we've seen since covid hit before Summer.

Groper

Reaction score
FNG Irresponsible parents were towing their kids in front of the N channel entrance buoys, launch ramps and the reed area where everyone entering the lake is hauling ass on plane around the island. People tubing between the Sandbar and Topock as well 🤬

That Magic should be easy to spot, I hope that kid recovers ok.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Looks like the magic is actually in front of the purple boat in the picture you can only barely see it

Shit IDK, I do know that the people posting the “wanted posts” are creating confusion.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I read somewhere from someone close by the incident (possibly on the boat towing the tube), that the the magic had a black bimini top that covered the whole length of the boat.

Sent From Tapatalk

mobldj

Reaction score
not verified but also read there were around 10 people on the magic,10 fucking sets of eyeballs.on my boat rule one is everyone watches the water while under way for people,boats or anything else in the water.dollars to donuts alcohal will be involved.

DWC

Reaction score
Seen people towing kids in tubes in some of the worst thinkable locations on the lake.....like some of the heaviest traffic areas or middle of lake with 2-3 foot chop all around.
Yeah, I’m with you. Every trip there are bots that are tough to watch on the water. A wreck just waiting to happen. Instead of handing me ANOTHER social distancing reminder there should be a basic map and some common sense rbullet points at the ramp. If the rental companies, Windsor and Marina made an effort 90% of the issues could be avoided. It won’t stop stupid but would stop some of the ignorant moves.

2Driver

Reaction score
I read somewhere from someone close by the incident (possibly on the boat towing the tube), that the the magic had a black bimini top that covered the whole length of the boat.

Sent From Tapatalk

Honestly, I'd would think LEO will broaden the search to all boats that fit or fit similar to the individuals description.

If everyone gets hung up on Magic and “full length black bimini” people could overlook the suspect boat if it ends up being different, not that it is.

Maybe so, maybe it is a tan Magic with a 24’ bimini top. I wouldn’t rule out they could be using Magic in the generic sense like people do with cigarette boat. I bet it’s hard to put together thoughts under that duress. Tan base color deck boat to me says don’t rule out an Ebb-tide or Chaparral with a big dark bimini top, or any other manufacturer that vaguely fits the description.

4Waters

Reaction score

Yeah, I’m with you. Every trip there are bots that are tough to watch on the water. A wreck just waiting to happen. Instead of handing me ANOTHER social distancing reminder there should be a basic map and some common sense rbullet points at the ramp. If the rental companies, Windsor and Marina made an effort 90% of the issues could be avoided. It won’t stop stupid but would stop some of the ignorant moves.

The Captain has final call and that call should be geared toward keeping everyone safe. My kids have been mad at me several times because I said "no it's to dangerous" but my decision was based on safety and my kids are alive and unhurt. I'm a dad /Captain first and a friend second.

NicPaus

Reaction score
We heard about it yesterday and decided not to tube. I told my passengers probably happened there which is the worst possible place to tube on the strip. Saw a group tubing through there Saturday and I will never pull a tube through there let alone a holidayweekend. It is 25' wide at best.

Mototrig

Reaction score
So I'm not at all siding with the vessel that ran over the kid/guy (unbeknownst to him or not) he should be notified and held responsible.

But shouldn't the tow vessel operator be held to some accountability since he convinced the kid it was a safe environment to tube in?

I'm sure the tow operator feels horrible and I mean no disrespect to the family or friends of the victim's party if they are reading this.

When are operators going to be held accountable for putting someone behind their vessel on a rope in an unsafe environment? It almost seems like it would fall under wreckless endangerment of some sort.

SS-C

Reaction score
Tan base color deck boat to me says don’t rule out an Ebb-tide or Chaparral with a big dark bimini top, or any other manufacturer that vaguely fits the description.

You are spot on!!

I personally have never seen a Magic Deck with such bland color scheme as described in the description of the hit-run boat.
That said, I have seen plenty Ebb-tide / Chaparral decks with that bland tan / black color scheme including a full length bimini in BLACK!

2Driver

Reaction score
You are spot on!!

I personally have never seen a Magic Deck with such bland color scheme as described in the description of the hit-run boat.
That said, I have seen plenty Ebb-tide / Chaparral decks with that bland tan / black color scheme including a full length bimini in BLACK!

LOL I watched a lot of Dragnet shows as a kid.

ssc

Reaction score
I don't know what happened and agree that the investigation needs to be completed. I can relate a scary incident that happened to me. I was southbound headed towards the springs. Going about 70 on a beautiful morning. Not many boats out. I saw a boat coming NB and weaving back and forth pulling an inflatable with a couple of people. It was in an area that was still wide and I was definitely on the right side. I just got a bad feeling as the driver was mostly looking back and screwing around. I cut the throttle and moved a bit further to the right and checked behind me to make sure I didn't have any other boats coming up behind me.

Sure as shit, this boat swings a big u-turn and sends both of the riders flying through the air into the water directly in my path. Had I not slowed down it would have been over. However, I had slowed enough and was able to take evasive action, swerve to the right in order to prevent a nasty incident. I did slow down more and actually turned around, but these ass-holes were obviously already drunk enough to not even notice me, so I left. I guess shit happens and the investigation will hopefully reveal what actually happened and punish whomever is at fault. It could turn out to be a terrible accident with a combination of liability and/or bad decisions.

Cheers, Steve