WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Valley Fire San Diego

jet496

Reaction score
Planes & helicopters everywhere across the freeway in East County SD but God forbid the news provide any updates that would help people out here. They should name it the Trump Fire & then it'd get coverage every second, not that any of it would be accurate though.

Does anybody know where to get up to date info? I tried Facebook SD Wild Fire & such but it's not very informing.

HCP3

Reaction score
Planes & helicopters everywhere across the freeway in East County SD but God forbid the news provide any updates that would help people out here. They should name it the Trump Fire & then it'd get coverage every second, not that any of it would be accurate though.

Does anybody know where to get up to date info? I tried Facebook SD Wild Fire & such but it's not very informing.

Taboma

Reaction score

If you're on Facebook # Valleyfire, lots of great info and updates available. Over 10K acres now with 1% containment. As of later yesterday they got some VLAT working it, but so far they seem to be getting their collective asses kicked on this one.

JayBreww

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yz450mm

Reaction score

Incident Overview

Information Map for Valley Fire
Image options: [ Full Size ]
The fire remained active in the night with uphill runs and wind driven runs. Firefighters held the spread to 408 acres, bringing the total acres to 10,258. Crews are continuing to do point protection and perimeter control. Firefighters will be building line. The military has been activated, adding an additional 6 helicopters to the fire suppression efforts.

With forecasted cooler and lighter winds today, it should provide a slight reduction of fire spread. However, there are a lot of dead fuels that will continue to be receptive to fire spread. Fire growth is impacting the Lawson Valley and Carveacres areas.

There is an immediate threat to Loveland Reservoir and the surrounding water shed.

We have 374 personnel, including: 5 crews, 56 engines, 6 dozers and 7 water tenders, 6 Helicopters.

Please call the San Diego Sheriff’s Department for evacuation information at (858) 565-3490.

Temporary evacuation points have been set up at Steele Canyon High School, 12440 Campo Road, Spring Valley; and Joan MacQueen Middle school, 2001 Tavern Road, Alpine for evacuees.

woodagain

Reaction score
They have throwing everything at this fire from helicopters, 747’s ,Dc10’s and MD80’s.
Here’s a video of a DC10 making a drop on a ridge line approx 1 mile South of our house
Then flying directly over my house. I wish I had a good picture of the 747.

Attachments

• 3BB7539D-9DA8-4D9A-8A66-8296E0F3AB49.MOV
    8.3 MB

HotRod82

Reaction score
I'm on the north side of 8 so not in danger yet although I'm sweating the weather reports calling for gusty SA winds tonight. I agree Cal Fire isn't great at providing up to date info. residents posting on IG and FB have been the best for seeing the actual location of the hotspots.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm on the north side of 8 so not in danger yet although I'm sweating the weather reports calling for gusty SA winds tonight. I agree Cal Fire isn't great at providing up to date info. residents posting on IG and FB have been the best for seeing the actual location of the hotspots.

Drizzling in Escondido this morning, I'm sure hoping they're experiencing similar conditions and can really put the hurt on this nasty, stubborn bitch this morning.

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
We live in Ramona, have been seeing the planes since we returned to town.
View the Valley fire on Google Maps
This map is updated hourly:
20200907_104057.jpg
20200906_170243.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
We live in Ramona, have been seeing the planes since we returned to town.
View the Valley fire on Google Maps
This map is updated hourly:
View attachment 920515 View attachment 920516

Calfire posted on Facebook # valleyfire that they had 22 aircraft working the fire today. For so many people's sake, I sure hope they were able to take advantage of this much cooler and humid weather to really put the hurt on this monster in case conditions turn ugly again tonight and tomorrow.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Calfire posted on Facebook # valleyfire that they had 22 aircraft working the fire today. For so many people's sake, I sure hope they were able to take advantage of this much cooler and humid weather to really put the hurt on this monster in case conditions turn ugly again tonight and tomorrow.

The weather has certainly been cooperating today. Fingers crossed it holds out longer for all those people in harms ways sake.