WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
Back to scanning stocks in my Watchlist...

I am thinking that SNAP can bounce for 5% gain due to the fact its trading slight above the 50day MA... on a bullish pattern.

I am just not a fan of that stock... so if I decided to buy, would be a quick trade, hoping for 5% turn around...

Watching it now... if it pulls back from here $23.25 ish... I may be forced to buy... just because there are so few out there that are not over bought.

Wow.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Apple is going in the wrong direction.

Do some research on Parabolic stocks... see what happens eventually....
They all fall back to earth

I would expect the Hedge Funds, Mutual Fund guys to all take some profits at these valuations. Which means there will most likely be more sellers than buyers, price comes down.

As we get closer to the end of Sept.. I will most likely be shorting all the parabolic stocks.

hallett21

Reaction score
Apple secured a bunch of patents. Look at them long term. You’ll be fine. Nothing wrong with profit taking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Sorry i tanked RTK. I should have put a notice that I was buying :D

This is what happens when earnings are released, lets see what happens tomorrow. I am betting it closes above 30. If so we are good to go.

But if it starts to drop below 28, then I will sell, and secure my profits.

If Elections where not right around the corner. I would most likely hold this stock for 6 months or more. I guess I am bet to cautious when the uncertainty that Elections bring to the markets.

If a Stimulus package gets passed, (which is in Trumps best interest), then I may not be forced to sell. That will bouy the markets pretty good.

Xring01

Reaction score
Well they did good on earnings. Hopefully the hype continues.

Your right, the earnings exceeded my expectations,
But what hurt RKT, was the forward looking guidance and Q3 #'s outlook. CEO, CFOs purposed mitigate the outlook to manage the expectations of the analysts. To keep the earnings expectations within reach. If not, then analysts will over project what the company can do, and the following Qtr, the stock truly tanks.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Put some stocks on the wall, throw a dart, whichever one it hits buy!

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Well this thread is a lot more quiet than I thought it would be today. I know I took a big hit today. Probably throw a little more at it while its down.

Anyone completely out? Thinking about giving it a rest

bocco

Reaction score
Well this thread is a lot more quiet than I thought it would be today. I know I took a big hit today. Probably throw a little more at it while its down.

Thinking seriously about giving it a rest.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Glad I bough visa and Disney so cheap. Everything else is trash.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick, but this was a certainty, especially with how quick everything shot up. Markets were on an uptick 3 weeks ago and were at the point we are right now and the DOW lost 1000 points today.

Either hold or buy more. It will be back up eventually, maybe even sooner than later.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick, but this was a certainty, especially with how quick everything shot up. Markets were on an uptick 3 weeks ago and were at the point we are right now and the DOW lost 1000 points today.

Either hold or buy more. It will be back up eventually, maybe even sooner than later.
Agree, it just takes a few weeks to get over the sting (June 8th for example) . Probably the main reason I have not pulled out at all. Move some things around and add when its down. The big variable this time is the pending election. Market is going to be a rollercoaster until the man is re-inaugurated

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Not looking good for tomorrow. Fuck. I hope I'm wrong.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Yes Mgm at 6 dollars and mgp and rrr and don’t forget to reload on opk how did you do . My money in the stock market gambling money no Vegas so let’s play big banker . How did you do

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
7500 shares of opk at 1.40 just bought 200 yesterday and just bought 200 of redrock rrr

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Yes Mgm at 6 dollars and mgp and rrr and don’t forget to reload on opk how did you do . My money in the stock market gambling money no Vegas so let’s play big banker . How did you do

Pretty good on TZA the last couple days.

bocco

Reaction score
Not looking good for tomorrow. Fuck. I hope I'm wrong.
Unfortunately you were right. I was mostly in ETFs, as of today I mostly in cash. I took a hit from the Wednesday high but I'm going to sleep better this weekend.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So what’s everyone’s take on Apple?

I’m thinking about buying again. Currently I’m
I’m at $122

I have Disney that I bought at $101 it’s not at $132.
Thinking of selling the Disney and putting it into Apple.
With the new phone release coming up the chances of the stock increasing should be good.

Thoughts?

hallett21

Reaction score

I’m at $122

With the new phone release coming up the chances of the stock increasing should be good.

Thoughts?

I think the big money will be in Apple releasing something related to Covid (There’s a rumor about their watch being able to test for covid in the future).

Or them releasing autonomous driving tech.

I think the new phone will move the needle but not sure how much.

At the end of the day they are a solid company with enough cash to buy a country lol.

Xring01

Reaction score

I’m at $122

Thoughts?

Great Question...
I was kind of thinking the same, but if Tech continues to melt down, Apple can also go down..
So for now, I would be on the side lines of it. Especially when you factor in it still has a 35 PE Ratio, which to me, means its still over priced even for this market.

Thats my opinion.

I was a bit quiet over the last few days.. Went on a 42 ft sail boat in the Puget Sound area over the last 4 days. It was a blast.. Best news of all, my Stop orders saved my ass, when shit melted down.

I think I will stick to a strategy of trying to find over sold, or things trading below moving averages, hope to get quick hit profits, until things calm down a bit. I dont have a problem sitting on the side lines for awhile either, if nothing worth buying shows up. View attachment 920433 View attachment 920433

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
This is crazy..... I pulled out Thursday thinking the dip was going to be bigger.... lol

1599745946040.png

Xring01

Reaction score
PCG..
Picked up a 50% buy of PCG at $9.00 right before the market closed today...

Normally I would wait till it hit $8.80...
The reason why I bought today... Is when you take a hard look at the charts. Its about to break up or down. Its in a wedge meaning lower highs, and lower lows, coming to a point. Typically when that happens it breaks one way or the other, most of the time, pretty quickly.

If it drops to $8.90 or below, without a market meltdown, then I will buy another 50% tomorrow am.

If it starts going higher, like I suspect... I may also buy another 50%...

Again, this is all about trying to catch a quick hit 4-5% gain. This will not be a long term hold, unless it truly goes up fast in a short period of time.

adam909

Reaction score
PCG..
Picked up a 50% buy of PCG at $9.00 right before the market closed today...

Normally I would wait till it hit $8.80...
The reason why I bought today... Is when you take a hard look at the charts. Its about to break up or down. Its in a wedge meaning lower highs, and lower lows, coming to a point. Typically when that happens it breaks one way or the other, most of the time, pretty quickly.

If it drops to $8.90 or below, without a market meltdown, then I will buy another 50% tomorrow am.

If it starts going higher, like I suspect... I may also buy another 50%...

Again, this is all about trying to catch a quick hit 4-5% gain. This will not be a long term hold, unless it truly goes up fast in a short period of time.
ill problay buy in tomorrow.. this will be the second time ive done this.. i wait till it drops below 9 and sell when it when it hits 9.20.. its seems like it likes to cycle from 8.90 to 9.25.. I bought into ge today as it hit 6 bucks.. waiting to see if it wants to curl up for a quick gain..

FishSniper

Reaction score
I don’t want to hear any bitching if it doesn’t work out but symbol RVVTF has been approved for a phase 3 trial for treating mild/ moderate covid symptoms and is trading around .20 cents. Canadian company that trades on the pink sheets here so it’s a risky one but if it shows promise in the trials could be a good one to own.

Xring01

Reaction score
I was tied up work wise today, didnt have much time to pay attention to the markets.

Saw that PCG fell to $8.90 for a bit... uggg, If I would have been paying attention, I would have bought another / remaining 50% position.

Good news it closed at $9.06... Lets see what monday brings.

Are any of your guys good with Options? Something I have been considering lately. Trying to make the time to get a better understanding of them.

retaocleg

Reaction score
in times of turmoil and money printing.......

1599860432771.png

1599860585447.png

and do phys, not paper.......

2000 gold 281.50
2000 silver 5.30
2005 5.56 ammo lake city green tip 159.00@1000

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
I have more confidence in Silver than gold. Because silver is a commodity that manufacturers need to produce goods.
If golds value was truly related to the value of the dollar or inflation or __________,. Then it would be worth $10,000, not $2K.
Combined that our currency is no longer backed or tied to gold. Makes it more of a guess in my opinion.

I think there are far safer bets to make than gold.

retaocleg

Reaction score
silver has more breakout potential than gold, agreed

also look at the gold silver ratio in history.......silver is under valued, as well as gold at a lesser extent

price supression is at work also, as central banks need to keep the value in check to keep the dollar depreciation off the watch list by naked shorting.......those days are numbered, and gold is the target more than silver, but yes, i agree silver has more running room than gold, in my opinion

1599863520204.png

historical avg in the silver to gold ratio is 16.......

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
MU is haunting me today... I felt it could pop for another 5%, I didnt buy it.... Guess what it did this AM... popped.

But PCG is doing as I expected.. .around $9.24 right now... if it hits $9.45ish or close, I will sell again... take another 4-5% gain.

Love it when I get the feel for a particular stock. I did this with BofA years ago during the housing meltdown and Bof A took over Country Wide... 2 days after bad news, buy.... hold 3 days, sell, more bad news would hit, and it was drop back down, and I would buy again. over and over and over again.

Edited...
Just sold PCG at $9.47.... owe yea.... 5%, again, this time it took 2.5 trading days.

Drop bitch drop... lets play this game again....

Last edited:

adam909

Reaction score
MU is haunting me today... I felt it could pop for another 5%, I didnt buy it.... Guess what it did this AM... popped.

But PCG is doing as I expected.. .around $9.24 right now... if it hits $9.45ish or close, I will sell again... take another 4-5% gain.

Love it when I get the feel for a particular stock. I did this with BofA years ago during the housing meltdown and Bof A took over Country Wide... 2 days after bad news, buy.... hold 3 days, sell, more bad news would hit, and it was drop back down, and I would buy again. over and over and over again.

Edited...
Just sold PCG at $9.47.... owe yea.... 5%, again, this time it took 2.5 trading days.

Drop bitch drop... lets play this game again....

yup second round of this paid off... Got in at 8.93 sold at 9.50. Another sideways moving stock lately is HMC (honda). Ive been watching it but havent jumped in yet for a quicky..

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Due to elections, and current market conditions...
I still am holding a Long Position of PCG, which I have had for a long time now. Its a bit upside down now, but the recent 5% hits have dollar costed my average down alot, and made up for the downside.

Due to Market Conditions, and over bought tech, CV19, Elections... I am not to keen on holding positions for a long term risk.
Therefore, I am basically day trading, or quick hitting for how.

Got into RKT at $24.06 this am, for a quick hit,
Got into NIO at $20.00 for a quick hit,
Watching ADBE... earnings today, it could pop.

All of those are trades, not investments. If you dont know the difference, then dont follow what I am doing. All of these have stops on them. To limit an potential loss. All will be sold if I get 4-8% ROI.

Ran into problems with Interactive Brokers today... they screwed me hard. I think they are having major issues today. Anyone else using them, watch out. I shouldnt have paid that premium on NIO that I did, but those bastards where just to slow.

Xring01

Reaction score
yup second round of this paid off... Got in at 8.93 sold at 9.50. Another sideways moving stock lately is HMC (honda). Ive been watching it but havent jumped in yet for a quicky..

Adam,
Great call on the HMC, I hope you got in, I just now started playing with that chart. Wedge at the 50MA... and it went higher this am. Not sure whats going to happen with it. My bet is most investers are weary of any Auto stock, thats not TSLA, NIO, NKLA etc.... So I doubt typical investor is interested. But if the Mutual fund guys see this, they may be all over it.

adam909

Reaction score
Adam,
Great call on the HMC, I hope you got in, I just now started playing with that chart. Wedge at the 50MA... and it went higher this am. Not sure whats going to happen with it. My bet is most investers are weary of any Auto stock, thats not TSLA, NIO, NKLA etc.... So I doubt typical investor is interested. But if the Mutual fund guys see this, they may be all over it.

I didnt get in.. I got back in on PCG sold at 9.90. Now im shorting PCG.. Never shorted.. Thought I would try it.. Hope it works out.

Xring01

Reaction score
I didnt get in.. I got back in on PCG sold at 9.90. Now im shorting PCG.. Never shorted.. Thought I would try it.. Hope it works out.

Well my “day trading” adventure, didnt go so well...
Bought RKT at practically the high point of the day, just to watch slow degrade all day.. torturing my dumb ass, until I was on a conf Call.... and the speaker on my computer shout out “Order Filled”,

Which is the stop order I had for a loss on RKT... so I lost $230 today on that one...

Hoping NIO gaps up tomorrow, to cover my loss’s today..

Honestly, I cant complain, I was batting 1000 for awhile, I needed a loss to keep my head from getting to big.

The Fed giving a speach tomorrow, makes me think the market will be relatively flat until after the speech. So I will most likely not enter any trades tomorrow am, unless there is something begging for me to lose my butt on 😁

I just feel the majority of the market to totally over valued, when I find things that are not, it just not the risk with the election cycles near by... much more of this, I may just take a month or so off, and study up...

Maybe do some fake $$$ paper trading on options. Just to learn the game

GB2006

Gavin Says Lake Tahoe's closed
Reaction score
I've been on the CZR (Caesars) train lately. I have no idea why because I visited two of their properties this weekend and they're dead. But the stock is going up.👍