WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Halletts in havasu party cancelled

Croz

Reaction score
No food, no drinks, no party, but hey at least we get a cotton T shirt. Maybe I’m being a dick? How do you guys feel about paying $80 for an open bar party, only to find out, there is no party, or open bar... sure the helicopter is cool, but another chunk of cash for the photos, and that was only 1 part of what the money was supposed to go to. Maybe I’ll win the habanero flag 🙄. I’ll probably catch some shit for this post.. ban away babehhh
1EA0FFB8-8609-4014-9E61-C7A9FFD5C869.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
No food, no drinks, no party, but hey at least we get a cotton T shirt. Maybe I’m being a dick? How do you guys feel about paying $80 for an open bar party, only to find out, there is no party, or open bar... sure the helicopter is cool, but another chunk of cash for the photos, and that was only 1 part of what the money was supposed to go to. Maybe I’ll win the habanero flag [emoji849]. I’ll probably catch some shit for this post.. ban away babehhh View attachment 921737
I've known Mike for a very long time. If the party was canceled, he was forced to do so after fighting for it til the bitter end. Also, he won't just keep the money and not replace the event with something else or give partial refunds. I can damn near guarantee there will be more to the story shortly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Croz

Reaction score
I've known Mike for a very long time. If the party was canceled, he was forced to do so after fighting for it til the bitter end. Also, he won't just keep the money and not replace the event with something else or give partial refunds. I can damn near guarantee there will be more to the story shortly.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not blaming him one bit. We paid for a party, and we’re not getting one, so why is it still full price?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Should be a good time on the water regardless. 80 bucks is a small price to pay for a good time imo but I’ve been dealing with a bunch of bullshit and I’d gladly give someone 80 bucks to not be at work today. I say don’t let it bum ya out and have a good time

LuauLounge

Reaction score
If it got cancelled at the last minute, he most likely paid for the food and the liquor and got nothing.
I’m sure he’ll speak up, but it’s all about the contracts.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Not blaming him one bit. We paid for a party, and we’re not getting one, so why is it still full price?
When did they cancel the party? Didn’t see it posted here before.

Croz

Reaction score
Maybe you should ask him instead of starting a call out thread?

Everyone knows how those go...

:rolleyes:

Not a call out don’t get excited. Was curious to see who felt the same way I did. Again, I’m not blaming him, but expected some type of reimbursement

Hammer

Reaction score
A few things....

We did not charge for the banquet hall or breakfast ($50.00 per person value) in our registration. Not ONE SINGLE VENUE would let us host a party at full capacity. We dropped the registration cost to reflect this. Registration bag includes more than a t-shirt FYI...

Registrants also get Nautical In. rooms at a discounted rate, cove parking was also discounted. Reserved dock spaces for halletts too.

Pirates Cove is saving docks for us as well.
They are also donating a free stay at one of their cabins.

All other “regattas” charge an average of $150.00 or more...

Croz-You want to pay an additional $50.00 to wait in line for a takeout meal? That’s what it costs to rent the venue and set up catering. I did what I thought was fair and right to the people who have came to HIH the past 5 years.

Instead, I paid at my own expense for a helicopter to come out and do aerial photos for people who registered. That includes A professional photographer all weekend.

My wife and I have put this thing on for 5 years with nothing in return. I apologize that this wasn’t a formal “factory sponsored event” and most of the costs come up front. It takes a lot of work and effort on my and my wife’s end....

I did everything within my control to to throw a party like we always do and couldn’t make it happen Because of COVID-19.

Side note: I have not given up on getting people together, but I can’t make a promise I can’t keep..

CROZ- I almost forgot, the high res images are being sent to the registrants. you don’t pay extra for the pics like before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A few things....

We did not charge for the banquet hall or breakfast ($50.00 per person value) in our registration. Not ONE SINGLE VENUE would let us host a party at full capacity. We dropped the registration cost to reflect this.

Croz-You want to pay an additional $50.00 to wait in line for a takeout meal? That’s what is costs to rent the venue and set up catering. I did what I thought was fair and right to the people who have came to HIH the past 5 years.

Instead, I paid at my own expense for a helicopter to come out and do aerial photos for people who registered. That includes A professional photographer all weekend.

My wife and I have put this thing on for 5 years with nothing in return. I apologize that this wasn’t a formal “factory sponsored event” and most of the costs come up front. It takes a lot of work and effort on my and my wife’s end....

I did everything within my control to to throw a party like we always do and couldn’t make it happen Because of COVID-19.

👏

hallett21

Reaction score
When is this?

Singleton

Reaction score
A few things....

We did not charge for the banquet hall or breakfast ($50.00 per person value) in our registration. Not ONE SINGLE VENUE would let us host a party at full capacity. We dropped the registration cost to reflect this. Registration bag includes more than a t-shirt FYI...

Registrants also get Nautical In. rooms at a discounted rate, cove parking was also discounted. Reserved dock spaces for halletts too.

Croz-You want to pay an additional $50.00 to wait in line for a takeout meal? That’s what it costs to rent the venue and set up catering. I did what I thought was fair and right to the people who have came to HIH the past 5 years.

Side note: I have not given up on getting people together, but I can’t make a promise I can’t keep..

CROZ- I almost forgot, the high res images are being sent to the registrants. you don’t pay extra for the pics like before.

you were in a no win situation.
I give you huge credit for even trying to have the event this year!

hopefully it will be back to what everyone has known as a great event in 21

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Anyone knowing Mike or knowing anything of Mike and his way of going regarding friends and especially family would never question the Hammer integrity,never.
I don’t really know Mike or his wife but I’ve been watching the event for years. Such an awesome event, I think they do a killer job. I wish me or someone with a cobra would step up for our manufacture but it’s just a ton of work and sometimes a lot of bs

Hammer

Reaction score
I don’t really know Mike or his wife but I’ve been watching the event for years. Such an awesome event, I think they do a killer job. I wish me or someone with a cobra would step up for our manufacture but it’s just a ton of work and sometimes a lot of bs

We’ve had our differences... but I respect you for family dedication and busting your ass.

You continued the Dam Run too[emoji106](that was tough for me to take, just because of Campell Carl) thanks for the kind words.

If you ever want to take on a Cobra get together I’d be happy to show you the ropes.

Croz

Reaction score
A few things....

They are also donating a free stay at omg their cabins.

A few things....

Never did I blame you for anything, the situation was a shitty one I agree, and never once did you mention free photos till now. Glad that’s cleared up, that will make it worth the $80

cole_skier

Reaction score
A few things....

I understand how tough it is to make a decision to do it or not. My wife and I decided last week to cancel the Cole regatta we were planning to do in October. Just to many unknowns at this time. I commend you for doing as much as you have done.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
A few things....

I am glad you are still putting HIH. To be honest, I kept waiting for an email to come across that it was going to be cancelled. You and your wife do a great job putting this together and I have no doubt it is normally a nightmare to pull everything together especially this year. It is awesome that you guys dedicate your time to putting on this event. The wife and I can't wait for it in a few weeks! Thanks again.

BSP14

Curious Nonproducer
Reaction score
I didn’t register this year, partially due to some conflicts, but also considering how much potential there is for things to be impacted by outside influences this year (there aren’t many events that haven’t been).

That being said, I admire Mike and his wife for getting HiH done this year at all, the previous events we have attended have been very well done, a testament to the effort they put into this.

It’s always great to get together with fellow Hallett owners and families; all of us should be supporting each other at times like this, I am sorry we are going to miss this one.

Mike, if there are any left over shirts, I would be happy to buy a few to help offset a small portion of your expenses, thank you for sticking with it, I hope to see you guys at the 2021 event.

Reactions: DWC

fishing fool

Reaction score
You may have answered your own question.......

@Hammer Does this on his own to have a good time out on the water. I give him mad props for doing this and dealing with people.......

No food, no drinks, no party, but hey at least we get a cotton T shirt. Maybe I’m being a dick? How do you guys feel about paying $80 for an open bar party, only to find out, there is no party, or open bar... sure the helicopter is cool, but another chunk of cash for the photos, and that was only 1 part of what the money was supposed to go to. Maybe I’ll win the habanero flag 🙄. I’ll probably catch some shit for this post.. ban away babehhh View attachment 921737

A few things....

Hammer

Reaction score
Never did I blame you for anything, the situation was a shitty one I agree, and never once did you mention free photos till now. Glad that’s cleared up, that will make it worth the $80

If you read my follow up email on Friday morning I touched on it was still working out the details of the photo shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Not directly related but anyone who thinks any poker run out west is expensive should look up Florida powerboat club pricing for events.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Not directly related but anyone who thinks any poker run out west is expensive should look up Florida powerboat club pricing for events.

That's a fact!!

I always wondered why you don't see many "normal" boats on their runs. I was talking with the EX one night, and we were discussing what it would look like to take a 2 week trip out there, participate, and then come back. So, hopped on their website, and was blown away! I am unsure of what all the cost covers, but SOB I was shocked. That said, their runs look freaking awesome!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Yeah and you don’t see those costs being donated to charity either.

That's a fact!!

I always wondered why you don't see many "normal" boats on their runs. I was talking with the EX one night, and we were discussing what it would look like to take a 2 week trip out there, participate, and then come back. So, hopped on their website, and was blown away! I am unsure of what all the cost covers, but SOB I was shocked. That said, their runs look freaking awesome!
Most of those guys aren’t local, so between hotels, poker run fees, membership fees, fuel, docking, etc I bet some of those guys are forking out $5-10k to do a FPC run.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We’ve had our differences... but I respect you for family dedication and busting your ass.

You continued the Dam Run too[emoji106](that was tough for me to take, just because of Campell Carl) thanks for the kind words.

If you ever want to take on a Cobra get together I’d be happy to show you the ropes.

EZ Mike... you know I did the Cobra get togethers... ;)

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Hammer, you may have a volunteer to help with the next one... just sayin.

I can agree with what's been said above, great job for doing everything possible to keep it on the calendar! There is NO way to ever please everyone. We do know how to try, even in life these days, no guarantees.

after several Cobra get together's, the early ones that Havaduner and I did were awesome, they just got harder and harder... commitments change and so do people's schedules and sometimes way of life. DO NOT be discouraged, put this on the calendar again when feasible... it will be bigger than ever... accepted and appreciated!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Iv got no problem with it.
Mike and Brie go above and beyond

And HIH is still happening!!

How many events didn’t happen at all this year.
The party at hallett was never part of any fees collected, that was hallett/nordic that covered that party/open bar/food. State and local laws likely won’t allow. Plus w Covid doubt they want to take a chance and have someone leave a Covid dribble on a surface that now gets their employees sick, and end up having to close down or worse lose an employee to death.
If your that worried about free drinks, then pay the registration. And I’ll give you an open tab at pirates myself. But bring a DD if you plan to get down.
80 bucks is to much? That’s about equal to any of the following - a meal for 4 to go from a restaurant, not even a full tank of gas in truck, 2 decent lap dances, a full-size truck wash and wax w tip, a burger and 2 jack n coke doubles from chili’s, a 3in diameter tattoo from boards 1 2 or 3, a massage with out a happy ending, a new set of nails that your chick will break before the week is over, 1 RDP hoodie.
Moral of the story, yes your being a dick. Pay the fee, bring your boat and your chick and have some fun and stop crying about what your not getting and be thankful your involved in 1 event that still happened regardless of the 2020 challenges

Croz

Reaction score
Iv got no problem with it.
Mike and Brie go above and beyond

And HIH is still happening!!

How many events didn’t happen at all this year.
The party at hallett was never part of any fees collected, that was hallett/nordic that covered that party/open bar/food. State and local laws likely won’t allow. Plus w Covid doubt they want to take a chance and have someone leave a Covid dribble on a surface that now gets their employees sick, and end up having to close down or worse lose an employee to death.
If your that worried about free drinks, then pay the registration. And I’ll give you an open tab at pirates myself. But bring a DD if you plan to get down.
80 bucks is to much? That’s about equal to any of the following - a meal for 4 to go from a restaurant, not even a full tank of gas in truck, 2 decent lap dances, a full-size truck wash and wax w tip, a burger and 2 jack n coke doubles from chili’s, a 3in diameter tattoo from boards 1 2 or 3, a massage with out a happy ending, a new set of nails that your chick will break before the week is over, 1 RDP hoodie.
Moral of the story, yes your being a dick. Pay the fee, bring your boat and your chick and have some fun and stop crying about what your not getting and be thankful your involved in 1 event that still happened regardless of the 2020 challenges

This was never meant to be directed towards hammer, it was hard for me to understand why I paid money to go on a boat ride in a big group. The heli will be well worth it. Confirmed yes I was being a dick.

fishing fool

Reaction score
I'm not too sure you fit in here at RDP.... Most people here are DICKS but none of them will admit it........

This was never meant to be directed towards hammer, it was hard for me to understand why I paid money to go on a boat ride in a big group. The heli will be well worth it. Confirmed yes I was being a dick.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I said it in my first post, I was fishing for some agreement in my frustration, lol how’d that work out for me? Lesson learned, next time I’ll just stfu 🤷🏼‍♂️

Don't be so hard on yourself, the problem with most people when dishing out criticism they are Not standing in front of a Mirror.;)

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It’s sure be nice if I could make it this year. I’d pay the $80 just for the helicopter and t shirt.

It would also be nice if Thane and the boys would step up with some sponsorship since they bought the brand for next to nothing.

Hammer

Reaction score
It’s sure be nice if I could make it this year. I’d pay the $80 just for the helicopter and t shirt.

It would also be nice if Thane and the boys would step up with some sponsorship since they bought the brand for next to nothing.

Typically they host the open house. Thane and I have been playing phone tag for weeks. They will be involved in some capacity, they have always helped in some way. They sent us a 100 stickers already.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Name suggestion:
#CobrasOnTheColorado

Havasukid41

Reaction score
Mike is a stand up dude, and always put on a great even for the last couple years. Unfortunately this year times have changed and shit is weird, big deal no party, no food, you paid $80 , it’s not going to get him rich nor does he care to take $80 from someone
Send me your venmo I’ll give you your $80 back on their behalf! Him and his wife have busted their ass to put on a good event that we’ve all enjoyed in the years past!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
All this over 80 bucks?

Mike quit wasting your time and effort to put this event on. Fuck it. Its not worth the headache.

And Croz just show up for free. [emoji106][emoji849]

Croz

Reaction score
All this over 80 bucks?

Mike quit wasting your time and effort to put this event on. Fuck it. Its not worth the headache.

And Croz just show up for free. [emoji106][emoji849]

Free was my plan, but decided to support the event, which I’m sure a lot won’t do. Talk all the shit you guys want. I’ve got no shame in what I posted, I got my ass handed to me and took it on the chin, no harm no foul

Havasukid41

Reaction score
Free was my plan, but decided to support the event, which I’m sure a lot won’t do. Talk all the shit you guys want. I’ve got no shame in what I posted, I got my ass handed to me and took it on the chin, no harm no foul

Lol wtf is wrong with people, I’ll give you $80 or $160 to not go to the event, Paul you in for another $160? Lol

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Go ahead. No TShirt for you.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Give the 80 bucks to Mini Kat. He'll know what to do with it. :)