WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Over it, am wrong?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Bullshit. I deal with 20+ apprentices daily. In a small room. My kid goes to school with 20 kids in a small room. I don’t buy their “safety policy” that’s how I feel about it. I’ve been taking a chance since day one and that’s the way I want it. Open this fucker up and stop the bullshit

I'm glad it is working out positively for you this far.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm glad it is working out positively for you this far.
Funny to see your stance in one thread where you jump all over RD then you seem to be in a different world in this thread. 2 cops in a small patrol car? Doesn’t seem safe

RVRKID

Reaction score
Yep it's bullshit, my son had a major surgery in May and I basically had to drop him off at the hospital door while his Mom went in. Then I couldn't even see him all week while he was in the hospital, because they changed their rules every day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
.03% terrifying.

How dare you! They’re doing it for the children...

CF84A0F3-9261-4D39-9092-F498354C5F99.jpeg
5579AB42-A759-48B5-BB2C-E6F5CC6B47FD.jpeg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Funny to see your stance in one thread where you jump all over RD then you seem to be in a different world in this thread. 2 cops in a small patrol car? Doesn’t seem safe

I dont really understand your correlation but I'm in favor of adults making their own decisions regarding covid safety not the government mandates. Yes there are low risk groups and high risk groups but in case you were not aware there are no "no risk" groups so you or your kid can still catch it whether you have a mask on or not.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I dont really understand your correlation but I'm in favor of adults making their own decisions regarding covid safety not the government mandates. Yes there are low risk groups and high risk groups but in case you were not aware there are no "no risk" groups so you or your kid can still catch it whether you have a mask on or not.
I could also win the lottery. Both are unlikely.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
He, and his child are at extremely low risk and he's not a sheep. Masks now pose a great health risk than the Biden Virus.

Yes, there are low risk groups and adults should be able to make their own decisions on how they want to approach this. Business owners have liability issues they need to consider also if they are grossly negligent in ensuring the safety of their employees and customers.

Taboma

Reaction score

Curious, just how much of your apprentice training is spent on the instruction of Job Site Safety, when the vast majority of those of us who spent the better parts of our lives working construction, considered those topics " Common Sense " and somehow avoided the pitfalls of the vast majority of the safety subject matter you're required to teach ?

Has there been a study reflecting the odds of various accident causes so we can decide which to adhere to based on the percentages of likely hood of occurrence ?

Don't take this wrong, this is not directed negatively towards you, or am I looking for a fight here.
I'm just pointing out what modern mentality screams, that nobody is responsible for themselves, it's up to a label, or a law, or mandatory devices or safety measures to provide for what used to be referred to as common sense.

A vast many of these threads filled with RDP member's " By gum, that's going to be the hill I die on" type of statements, simply reflect what I feel is a general lack of respect and common courtesy for others that is prevalent in today's society.

I'm complying with most of these COVID and other various "For our own good" mandates simply out of respect and because I realize going off on some rant to an underpaid employee, who's simply doing his or her job, isn't going to change a damn thing, other than make that person's day just a little bit more miserable for having been forced to deal with your misdirected anger.

One reason I don't like the COVID mask requirement is, since the stores are all mandating masks, I've got mask wearing morons who apparently wrongly believe we're all protected now, hovering all over and around me, the worst usually being store employees.

How many apprentices unload on you when you're required to teach them which to you and I'm sure many of these young trade's people, is essentially, common sense ?

squeezer

Reaction score
.03%? I guess we better ban kids riding in cars because there is just about an equal chance of them being involved in a crash.

Or ban them from riding bikes because they could get killed doing that? Or playing sports? Or...?

There is nothing that presents so much of a risk as to justify what is going on out there right now and you know it.

Lets look at this a bit then.

Motor vehicle injuries are a leading cause of death among children in the United States.1 But many of these deaths can be prevented.
  • In the United States, 675 children 12 years old and younger died as occupants in motor vehicle crashes,4 and nearly 116,000 were injured in 2017.1
  • Of the children 12 years old and younger who died in a crash in 2017 (for which restraint use was known), 35% were not buckled up.
(2018 Data from here https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/child_passenger_safety/cps-factsheet.html )

Now lets look at the total number of kids in that age group: (2018 census aproximations here, note

AgeBoth sexes
NumberPercent
All ages
323,156​
100.0​
.Under 5 years
19,929​
6.2​
.5 to 9 years
20,243​
6.3​
.10 to 14 years
20,812​
6.4​

Lets round down a bit for the 12 vs 14 years of age difference and call it 60 million kids. 675 automotive related fatalities out of 60,000,000 is 0.001%... Even considering that not all 60 million kids regularly ride in cars the risks from Covid to a child is an order of magnitude greater than the all the passenger miles they see in a year. guessing that he trip to the checkup is around 300 times less fatal than the yearly number. So 0.035% if they catch Covid VS. 0.000033% on the car ride.

Not a rigorous analysis for sure but it is accurate enough to dispel the bullshit statement that a car ride is as dangerous as Covid.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Motor vehicle injuries are a leading cause of death among children in the United States.1 But many of these deaths can be prevented.
  • In the United States, 675 children 12 years old and younger died as occupants in motor vehicle crashes,4 and nearly 116,000 were injured in 2017.1
  • Of the children 12 years old and younger who died in a crash in 2017 (for which restraint use was known), 35% were not buckled up.
(2018 Data from here https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/child_passenger_safety/cps-factsheet.html )

Now lets look at the total number of kids in that age group: (2018 census aproximations here, note

AgeBoth sexes
NumberPercent
All ages
323,156​
100.0​
.Under 5 years
19,929​
6.2​
.5 to 9 years
20,243​
6.3​
.10 to 14 years
20,812​
6.4​

Lets round down a bit for the 12 vs 14 years of age difference and call it 60 million kids. 675 automotive related fatalities out of 60,000,000 is 0.001%... Even considering that not all 60 million kids regularly ride in cars the risks from Covid to a child is an order of magnitude greater than the all the passenger miles they see in a year. guessing that he trip to the checkup is around 300 times less fatal than the yearly number. So 0.035% if they catch Covid VS. 0.000033% on the car ride.

Not a rigorous analysis for sure but it is accurate enough to dispel the bullshit statement that a car ride is as dangerous as Covid.

Lol
I can’t believe you actually researched that!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Curious, just how much of your apprentice training is spent on the instruction of Job Site Safety, when the vast majority of those of us who spent the better parts of our lives working construction, considered those topics " Common Sense " and somehow avoided the pitfalls of the vast majority of the safety subject matter you're required to teach ?

Has there been a study reflecting the odds of various accident causes so we can decide which to adhere to based on the percentages of likely hood of occurrence ?

Don't take this wrong, this is not directed negatively towards you, or am I looking for a fight here.
I'm just pointing out what modern mentality screams, that nobody is responsible for themselves, it's up to a label, or a law, or mandatory devices or safety measures to provide for what used to be referred to as common sense.

A vast many of these threads filled with RDP member's " By gum, that's going to be the hill I die on" type of statements, simply reflect what I feel is a general lack of respect and common courtesy for others that is prevalent in today's society.

I'm complying with most of these COVID and other various "For our own good" mandates simply out of respect and because I realize going off on some rant to an underpaid employee, who's simply doing his or her job, isn't going to change a damn thing, other than make that person's day just a little bit more miserable for having been forced to deal with your misdirected anger.

One reason I don't like the COVID mask requirement is, since the stores are all mandating masks, I've got mask wearing morons who apparently wrongly believe we're all protected now, hovering all over and around me, the worst usually being store employees.

How many apprentices unload on you when you're required to teach them which to you and I'm sure many of these young trade's people, is essentially, common sense ?
I don’t take any shit from any apprentices. I’ll just send their ass home. There’s lots of studies. Mostly done by osha

Taboma

Reaction score
I don’t take any shit from any apprentices. I’ll just send their ass home. There’s lots of studies. Mostly done by osha

I don't doubt that you don't take shit Vic and you know that wasn't my point either. I realize OSHA, like every other governmental agency has one main goal, protect and justify the existence of that entity at all costs, IE: Job security.
In modern society, the associated costs for " Personal Safety", be it job site, work place, in the home, in vehicles, labor, material, devices, etc, etc, essentially for every aspect and facet of life as we live it today, is staggering and unimaginable. In construction, you are on the front line of that as an instructor, so you see it more than I did during my career, since I retired before much of what's required today at least on job sites, was mandated and strictly enforced.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don't doubt that you don't take shit Vic and you know that wasn't my point either. I realize OSHA, like every other governmental agency has one main goal, protect and justify the existence of that entity at all costs, IE: Job security.
In modern society, the associated costs for " Personal Safety", be it job site, work place, in the home, in vehicles, labor, material, devices, etc, etc, essentially for every aspect and facet of life as we live it today, is staggering and unimaginable. In construction, you are on the front line of that as an instructor, so you see it more than I did during my career, since I retired before much of what's required today at least on job sites, was mandated and strictly enforced.

You should see what’s happened on oil rigs...
They’ve attempted to engineer out stupidity.
Overall it’s made roughnecks completely dependent on engineering protocols and basically abandoned all fundamental personal task training.
I SMH at it.
The things we learned 30 years ago to avoid being killed have been tossed, and attempting to make rigs idiot proof has prevailed.
I believe the best answer is somewhere in between.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

AgeBoth sexes
NumberPercent
All ages
323,156​
100.0​
.Under 5 years
19,929​
6.2​
.5 to 9 years
20,243​
6.3​
.10 to 14 years
20,812​
6.4​

The point is the focus is on total and complete minutia.

.03% is just as ridiculous as the other numbers you threw out. None of those numbers are significant enough to ban children riding in cars nor are they enough to justify all of the covid restrictions we are seeing.

At what point do the numbers get so small for you to admit that restrictions and rules don’t override the fact that there are risks in life and in order to live decently, you have to accept those risks? Apparently that number for you is somewhere between .03% and .000033%, but for the rest of us who value our freedom of choice, .03% is quite small enough.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
You should see what’s happened on oil rigs...
They’ve attempted to engineer out stupidity.
Overall it’s made roughnecks completely dependent on engineering protocols and basically abandoned all fundamental personal task training.
I SMH at it.
The things we learned 30 years ago to avoid being killed have been tossed, and attempting to make rigs idiot proof has prevailed.
I believe the best answer is somewhere in between.

I’m out in Bakersfield teaching this week. We have some guys that came from the oil field. Some pretty gnarly stories today during osha training.

red ant

Reaction score
I wonder about the common air ventilation systems in all these buildings. If the Rona is spread by air and suppose to be easy to catch.....the ventilation systems are just spreading it around. What about not sanitizing your mask every time you leave a building and go to another building, are you cross contaminating the air? I bring this up to family members who are sheeple and don't want to go back to work :)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

AgeBoth sexes
NumberPercent
All ages
323,156​
100.0​
.Under 5 years
19,929​
6.2​
.5 to 9 years
20,243​
6.3​
.10 to 14 years
20,812​
6.4​

Problem with your math...... your comparing ALL children in the age group to a;ll of those in motor vehicle deaths to JUST the percentage of kids that have died from covid out of the number that have tested positive. The proper comparison would be covid deaths as a percentage of child population.

And BTW..... there have been a total of 62 deaths of children under the age of 15 in the US from the Rona.

SIXTY FUCKING TWO!!!!!!!!!! And that is over the about 7 months of this crap. Even if that number doubled (there are ZERO indicators that it will) it would still pale in comparison to motor vehicle deaths. So yes, the statement that a child is more likely to die from the trip to the hospital than of covid is in fact statistically accurate.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wonder about the common air ventilation systems in all these buildings. If the Rona is spread by air and suppose to be easy to catch.....the ventilation systems are just spreading it around. What about not sanitizing your mask every time you leave a building and go to another building, are you cross contaminating the air? I bring this up to family members who are sheeple and don't want to go back to work :)

Discuss.

C7571F18-6876-40A7-82AF-EC25777DAE6D.jpeg
C5F081EE-77FE-435B-945A-21839753A787.jpeg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Negative air is your friend 🙂

River Runnin

Reaction score
I felt like this was my day, my day to say this is it for me. I’m done with this non sense!
You made it ALL about you! .... Then you should have got the check up and shot in the ass! :rolleyes:
You were there for your kid right? ... But weren't! ....

Last edited:

AntiBormac

Banned
Reaction score

AgeBoth sexes
NumberPercent
All ages
323,156​
100.0​
.Under 5 years
19,929​
6.2​
.5 to 9 years
20,243​
6.3​
.10 to 14 years
20,812​
6.4​

yawn....the guy thats been wrong all along drops another copy n paste.

squeezer

Reaction score
At what point do the numbers get so small for you to admit that restrictions and rules don’t override the fact that there are risks in life and in order to live decently, you have to accept those risks?

Living decently now thank you very much... (Well not RIGHT now as we are still in heavy smoke but thats not a Covid thing)

Wearing a mask doesn't ruin a persons life.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Problem with your math...... your comparing ALL children in the age group to a;ll of those in motor vehicle deaths to JUST the percentage of kids that have died from covid out of the number that have tested positive. The proper comparison would be covid deaths as a percentage of child population.

And BTW..... there have been a total of 62 deaths of children under the age of 15 in the US from the Rona.

SIXTY FUCKING TWO!!!!!!!!!! And that is over the about 7 months of this crap. Even if that number doubled (there are ZERO indicators that it will) it would still pale in comparison to motor vehicle deaths. So yes, the statement that a child is more likely to die from the trip to the hospital than of covid is in fact statistically accurate.

Most likely some of those 62 had underlying conditions also. 85% of the parents in our school district voted to open schools at the beginning of the school year either full or part time yet the district chose to ignore any scientific data and only go with virtual learning. My oldest only get teacher provided education in each class 2 days a week for high school. School superintendent said they are meeting the state minimum guidelines. I asked him why are you shooting for the state minimum instead of the highest level achievable.

squeezer

Reaction score

Nope... Statistics don't work like that.

In 2010, statistics showed that 8 adolescents died from gunshot wounds playing Russian Roulette in the US. 6 were suicides, while 2 were accidents. (Data not checked)

By your logic it is safe as there is a 0.0000133% chance of a kid dying from playing Russian Roulette...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Living decently now thank you very much... (Well not RIGHT now as we are still in heavy smoke but thats not a Covid thing)

Tell that this those pour souls dealing with MRSA infections or other lung infections brought on by the excessive use of masks.....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

squeezer

Reaction score
Tell that this those pour souls dealing with MRSA infections or other lung infections brought on by the excessive use of masks.....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Sorry people with a pre-existing lung conditions, masks suck... But you should see what a Covid virus will do to you.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Libs love the virus. They hope it goes on forever. It gives them control they wouldn’t otherwise have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

When did this topic become about simply wearing a mask? No, this is about restrictions in place that are causing businesses, children, families, and our entire country to suffer. This topic in particular is about parents not being able to accompany their children to medical facilities. And for what? Minutia. By your own admission, .03% worth of minutia.

I’ll ask you again...where do you draw the line? If .03% isn’t small enough for you, what is? What if you are told that a face mask is no longer good enough and you now must wear a face shield? That you now must wear an enclosed helmet? That you now must wear a fully contained haz mat suit? Where do you draw the line?

Where do we as a society draw the line on the controls government wants to put on us and finally push back?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nope... Statistics don't work like that.

In 2010, statistics showed that 8 adolescents died from gunshot wounds playing Russian Roulette in the US. 6 were suicides, while 2 were accidents. (Data not checked)

By your logic it is safe as there is a 0.0000133% chance of a kid dying from playing Russian Roulette...
You were using incorrect stats of comparison. the COVID death rate is .03% of all pediatric cases result in death. NOT .03% of all children will die of COVID which is the way you worked out the death percentages for a car crash. The chance of a kid dieing in a vehicle crash is FAR higher than that of them dieing of COVID. Same population numbers.... 63 COVID deaths to your number used of 675 died in a vehicle crash.. Yeah.... COVID is definitely deadlier than just about anything...... :rolleyes:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Sorry people with a pre-existing lung conditions, masks suck... But you should see what a Covid virus will do to you.

Wrong if treated HCL and zpack work 90% recovery if treated when symptoms first appear!! Have proof my own sister in law has asthma and other health issues and in her mid fifties used this treatment felt better in 24hrs over it in 48 just had a little heavy breathing for 10 days! If you wait until your in the emergency room your pretty much fucked so your media driven agenda killed a shitlload of people!! I'd be more than happy to send you the email my brother sent to me regarding this it could save someone's life you know and care for just saying.

Pm me if you like I've stated this in other threads .....

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Libs love the virus. They hope it goes on forever. It gives them control they wouldn’t otherwise have.

These werent pre-existing lung conditions. There were NEW infections on a drastic rise due to the excessive mask use. It has been brought up here before. The MRSA is on people's faces that leave them scared for life. For shit that has been tested over and over before all this bullshit and has shown to be of no distinguishable difference. Shit, there are PEER REVIEWED studies showing that masks dont even make a difference in sterile OR's.

AntiBormac

Banned
Reaction score
When did this topic become about simply wearing a mask? No, this is about restrictions in place that are causing businesses, children, families, and our entire country to suffer. This topic in particular is about parents not being able to accompany their children to medical facilities. And for what? Minutia. By your own admission, .03% worth of minutia.

I’ll ask you again...where do you draw the line? If .03% isn’t small enough for you, what is? What if you are told that a face mask is no longer good enough and you now must wear a face shield? That you now must wear an enclosed helmet? That you now must wear a fully contained haz mat suit? Where do you draw the line?

Where do we as a society draw the line on the controls government wants to put on us and finally push back?

Mr squeezer will obey no matter how silly the command. His masters have groomed and conditioned he and millions of others since they were in jr high to OBEY at all costs.

Husqy510

Reaction score
My wife is a physician and I'm grateful they are limiting who gets in the room with her. We have two small children as well, and in the past we both tried to make the visits, but understand the current restrictions.

Good luck with your 1st born, they grow up fast!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

Yes, there sure seems to be a concerted effort to prolong covid restrictions past the election to keep the economy stagnant and allow Pelosi to throw out 3 trillion dollars to fix the big liberal controlled cities that have been damaged by riots and failed socialist leadership.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I dunno, I took my kids to most of their appointments by myself. My wife was traveling most of the time when they were younger and I had a somewhat flexible schedule.

Heck, at this point it is up to me to make sure they even get to the doctor.

The development check ups are important so the pediatrician can measure growth rate and what not. I vaccinated my kids, had zero issues.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It’s just my opinion but dr’s took the job to help people. Sick people... not hide from a virus or keep parents from their kids. I get the concern, however nobody forces anyone to go to work. That’s all I got on this.

240Hallett

Reaction score
Assuming (and we know what happens…)that the two parents and the kid live together wouldn’t it stand to reason that if one is exposed then they all are exposed? So what’s the difference of two or three of them go into the room?

Disclaimer; I’m not a doctor or a scientist.

LC925

Reaction score
Gotta be honest you showed guts today.. I can tell you my kids story later.

Thank you for not giving in... Control has gone to far, especially over there... It's insane.

It's no longer about a virus... It's about control.

RD

Thanks Dave. I didn’t make a scene or anything, but I saw a look from another dad sitting there who caught what was going on, and I can see it on his facing, wishing he could do the same. Wish he would have!

LC925

Reaction score
Good job OP. My first baby son is due 4 weeks from today. I haven’t been to an appointment with my wife since February due to Covid regulations. The hospital in Phoenix where she’s going to deliver has a 3rd floor maternity only entrance which has been shut down due to Covid. They are only allowing one person in with her for delivery, me of course, which is great for me because that means no in laws there to fuck it up. They’ve told us that if we get to the hospital and they do their rapid COVID tests and either one of us has it, I will be sent packing and she will have to deliver on her own. This whole process has been fucked from March onwards. Looking forward to a healthy delivery and getting back to normal November 4th when Trump is re-elected.

Congrats 🍾 on the soon to be baby boy and glad you are at least welcomed to be there, being everything else checks out!

jet496

Reaction score
This, and its not only kaiser but most Medical centers in the age of Covid.

routinely they owuld not allowed it, but once you are in the room and making first world problem out of it, customer service would of kicked in and im sure the doc would of relented and allowed it.

but whether you beleive in Covid or not, it is out there and this policy is in placefor your protection as well as the family before and after you.
It's not whether you believe in covid or not, it's about the overblown response, the ridiculous shutting down of certain businesses & not others, closing of schools, colleges, etc., I feel anybody thinking this reaction to a virus that has done very little damage are just complete idiots. I have a lot of idiots related to me, and it's sad to see these adults living in such fear & so manipulated by the media.

Of course, for reasons unknown, the same fools buying into all this are also full blown nutjob liberals. I haven't figured out the correlation completely yet but the common denominator seems to be they believe whatever the media tells them.

Last edited:

Husqy510

Reaction score
It’s just my opinion but dr’s took the job to help people. Sick people... not hide from a virus or keep parents from their kids. I get the concern, however nobody forces anyone to go to work. That’s all I got on this.
That's kind of like saying those two LAco sheriff's signed up to get ambushed. Yes Dr's, like my wife, spent many years studying medicine to help people. However in a time like now, I think we can all face a small inconvenience to keep my wife, and the mother of my children, safe.

That's just my opinion, and obviously I'm biased