WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Delta Trip Oct 1st - 4th Hookie Day

renodaytona

Reaction score
@Tahoe540 and I are heading to the Delta the first weekend of Oct. Plan as of now is I'm taking my Daytona and he is bringing his toy hauler and we are camping at windmill cove. Hoping to meet up with @RogerThat99 for some liver damage drinking after the boat is put away of course. Looking to run to Orwood Friday am to meet up with some peeps from the DLB. Who from here is going and where are you staying/launching?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
There's a few of us coming down from Oregon that will be running around with the rest of the hoodlums on Friday the 2nd, then staying the weekend in hopes of laying down some miles Saturday and Sunday. If my balls drop again, the wind/tides cooperate, and my tour guide is up to it, I am hopeful for a Bay trip one of those days. If that doesn't work, oh well, we'll burn some fuel in the back waters. I am leaving my boat at B&W for the winter in hopes of making it down 1 or 2 times a month to put some winter miles on.

bocco

Reaction score
I plan to be there. I live about 30 minutes south of Orwood so I will just drive up in the morning. Is the "leave Orwood" time posted? I'm assuming it's around 10:00am.

Hammer

Reaction score
Dammit! I'll be at Lake mead.....

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
We will be there on Oct 2 for Hookie Day. Plenty of miles to run on Sat & Sun also if anyone is interested. SF Bay, Petaluma, Napa or just up to Sacramento are all great destinations depending on wind but it usually lays down in October.
Hit up Nenas in Stockton for great Mexican food & secure docks, just get code from staff b4 returning to your boat.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
We will be there on Oct 2 for Hookie Day. Plenty of miles to run on Sat & Sun also if anyone is interested. SF Bay, Petaluma, Napa or just up to Sacramento are all great destinations depending on wind but it usually lays down in October.
Hit up Nenas in Stockton for great Mexican food & secure docks, just get code from staff b4 returning to your boat.

DO NOT MENTION NAPA TO MY OL LADY!!!!!!

renodaytona

Reaction score
How’s the ride over on the water from Windmill to Orwood?

Can’t wait to run around with you all, I’m super stoked for this trip.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I knew this day would come. I’m actually surprised not sooner.
I’ve been boatless a year and a half now.
I know I’ll have no problem getting a ride but this is the prime example of why I liked having my own boat.
I might have to inquire with a couple peeps that had boats but for whatever reason ended up in mine. 😃

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Here’s a few pics I found from 2010. 😳
024CA95A-7AF1-4744-9A4E-E57EF6AE8895.jpeg
E790872F-C0FF-4346-95D8-EA85AF7D2239.jpeg
783695B0-2A60-482D-BE8E-158E48C12D6A.jpeg
2BDC28E1-A2CB-4E97-B39F-40FAA2F3AE95.jpeg
FDD7C2E6-4215-4BA2-A6BF-C3936CAEB021.jpeg
A46BEF72-D280-4940-98F4-792A24EA57D2.jpeg
5F3FEC3C-E884-4D12-A3C3-72F0ADEFD626.jpeg

great_escape

Reaction score
How’s the ride over on the water from Windmill to Orwood?

Can’t wait to run around with you all, I’m super stoked for this trip.
You can get there 37 different ways, well maybe not that many. A cell phone map can get you anywhere you need and you can't pick a bad route. You will travel by Discovery Bay and the community on the water is something to see. There are plenty of places to stop for fuel through the delta. Its a great place to tick away some miles on the boat.

Last edited:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Man this sounds like a good time, I have always wanted to check out the Delta. Might need to look at my schedule.

707dog

Reaction score
With a running boat this year I think I need to make a real effort on this one.......

Actually meet a few of the local trouble makers.
there's a few us rolling out of BW if you want to follow us over to orwood for breakfast

707dog

Reaction score
Man this sounds like a good time, I have always wanted to check out the Delta. Might need to look at my schedule.
this would be a cool time to do it , there is always a boat to follow as the group is diverse with floats.

707dog

Reaction score
There's a few of us coming down from Oregon that will be running around with the rest of the hoodlums on Friday the 2nd, then staying the weekend in hopes of laying down some miles Saturday and Sunday. If my balls drop again, the wind/tides cooperate, and my tour guide is up to it, I am hopeful for a Bay trip one of those days. If that doesn't work, oh well, we'll burn some fuel in the back waters. I am leaving my boat at B&W for the winter in hopes of making it down 1 or 2 times a month to put some winter miles on.
keep us posted on the times you plan to roll i launch a BW all the time.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I know I’ll have no problem getting a ride but this is the prime example of why I liked having my own boat.
I might have to inquire with a couple peeps that had boats but for whatever reason ended up in mine. 😃
We have talked about getting together some time, there is room in my boat. I just need to make an arrangement or two and confirm I am a go.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I think the biggest Hookie Day I remember was around 65 boats. That year we had everything from the smaller Rayson Caft v-drive to a 44 Skater, and everything in between. I don't think I have ever seen less than 40 boats. Plenty of big boats, small boats, fast boats, and slow boats. There is always a group to follow.

Sent From Tapatalk

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I still don’t have my new boat but I will probably still make it.

I am not bringing the Toon to this one cuz it sucks on the Delta. lol My buddy is probably going with his boat. I would rather roll on his boat.

So I am a definite maybe. ;):cool:

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Let us know if you wanna make the run. I can take my Toon if necessary and give yore entourage a ride if you need one. It’s just sitting at my house 45 minutes away.

Its slow (40 mph) and the wrong boat to see the Delta but it’s got a big cooler ;)

The delta is more fun if the boat can go at least 65 mph (or more)

for what??

I have always wanted to run the delta.. it’s my b day??

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
What's the usual time that they leave Orwood? My current plan is to be in the water by 9:00am.

renodaytona

Reaction score

I hope you make it, looking forward to meeting you and all of the other DLB crew that I haven't met yet.

renodaytona

Reaction score
What's the usual time that they leave Orwood? My current plan is to be in the water by 9:00am.

I need to know as well, I heard 10am but not sure that is set in stone.

Hammer

Reaction score
for what??

I have always wanted to run the delta.. it’s my b day??

Dave, if your going to run the Delta this the weekend to do it!!!

Family get away. The wide is off Monday/Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

707dog

Reaction score
Its around 10 to leave the dock, there is always killer breakfast set up but with this fn covid not sure how it will work out

renodaytona

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for short term storage down there? Looking to maybe leave my boat down for Oct. and hit the Trump parade on the 17th and the Halloween parade on the 24th.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for short term storage down there? Looking to maybe leave my boat down for Oct. and hit the Trump parade on the 17th and the Halloween parade on the 24th.

Short term indoor storage will be tuff to find. Delta boat storage @ B&W Resort would probably have outdoor short term storage but they don't have any covered outdoor. Good luck

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score

I will talk to the owner where I keep my boat at 5 Star Marina, our ramp comes into the warehouse and backed in with a forklift. Shouldn’t be a problem. PM me you’re number.

Ray

707dog

Reaction score
weather in our area is looking killer for hookie day, restaurants on the water cracking the doors open hopefully some of the channel queens from the desert come out and play.

707dog

Reaction score
I will talk to the owner where I keep my boat at 5 Star Marina, our ramp comes into the warehouse and backed in with a forklift. Shouldn’t be a problem. PM me you’re number.

Ray
i know you have been super busy are you going to make it out?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
The weather up here has been great..... I am thinking I am going to actually get it together and make it happen this year..... Work has been really pissing me off so this is a good excuse to get away. Trying to get a buddy or two to roll with me. I think the wife is out on this one.

707dog

Reaction score
The weather up here has been great..... I am thinking I am going to actually get it together and make it happen this year..... Work has been really pissing me off so this is a good excuse to get away. Trying to get a buddy or two to roll with me. I think the wife is out on this one.
bring it out let's roll we can finally put some faces with screen names, ill be launching at BW and run to orwood if they are doing breakfast over there.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
weather in our area is looking killer for hookie day, restaurants on the water cracking the doors open hopefully some of the channel queens from the desert come out and play.

Do you actually think folks from that "gigantic" Havapuddle are going to leave the beaches and run hundreds of miles with us????