WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Two LAC Sherriffs shot at Blue line in Compton.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
A029DE05-186F-47AB-8BD7-3D5777D6EF5E.jpeg

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
If you believe that when your in a patrol it’s always criminal profiling

Unfortunately now criminal profiling is viewed as systematic racism because statistical data shows that minorities are far more likely to be stopped. The data doesn't factor in the other important elements that also support the traffic stop or contact. The computer just records black guy stopped for vehicle code violation or some other generic reason . This is why statistical data does not describe the true picture but gives the impression that cops always target blacks or Hispanics over whites so there must be systemic racism across the nation right?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
...and yet he is alive and breathing today. Imagine that.

I get what he has gone through is bullshit but he should be complaining to whatever agency is doing this to him. That is how it gets fixed, fuck with the dickhead cops back, it effects their performance evaluations, opportunity for promotion etc.

Yep. His mama didn't raise no dummy! lol

He's a lawyer. He knows how things work. He's got better things to do with his time than going around being a Karen. He truly is the smartest, most well educated guy I know. Love having beers with him, I always walk away feeling like I learned something new that day.

:cheers:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are you asking about the article? Or my friend?

I have no trouble believing he’s been profiled, if in fact he has been.

My question is in regards to why the profiling occurs. To me, It’s a simple matter of crime stats and location.
Although I think in your friends case it would seem that he would be known to some degree by local le?

It’s a reality and I don’t think it’s racist overall...but then again, I’m a deplorable racist supremacist so there is that.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

Love it when they post dirtbags 8th grade graduation picture. They should post a nice picture of his .40 cal that had his DNA on the trigger.

beerrun

Reaction score
Love it when they post dirtbags 8th grade graduation picture. They should post a nice picture of his .40 cal that had his DNA on the trigger.

I would guess he did not shoot them with a 40cal. Maybe a 9mm i think a 40 would have done more damage

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
A Compton man says his life was upended after he was falsely identified on social media as the gunman in an ambush on Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies over the weekend.

With a manhunt underway for the shooter — who has yet to be identified by investigators — social media posts began circulating with Darnell Hick’s driver’s license photo, address and license plate number, naming him as a possible suspect. The posts characterized Hicks as armed and dangerous.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I would guess he did not shoot them with a 40cal. Maybe a 9mm i think a 40 would have done more damage

The guy with the 40 cal was a separate incident that happened several weeks ago. He was shot and killed by deputies after running with the gun. This led to more protests of course.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

My question is in regards to why the profiling occurs. To me, It’s a simple matter of crime stats and location.
Although I think in your friends case it would seem that he would be known to some degree by local le?

It’s a reality and I don’t think it’s racist overall...but then again, I’m a deplorable racist supremacist so there is that.
Most of us didn’t make hundreds if not thousands of arrests by going after just anybody.
there’s a lot of parts to it but it absolutely is a skill and also based on your experiences and using real time information to make quality stops based on reasonable suspicion and probable cause.

Demoman

Reaction score
Each of us is constantly evaluating every person we come into contact with to see whether they are shady, a criminal or pose an immediate threat. This is a survival mechanism in each of us. I can say for myself that my internal warning system can get triggered by a lot of factors. For me race is not one of those factors. Creepy is creepy in all colors.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Each of us is constantly evaluating every person we come into contact with to see whether they are shady, a criminal or pose an immediate threat. This is a survival mechanism in each of us. I can say for myself that my internal warning system can get triggered by a lot of factors. For me race is not one of those factors. Creepy is creepy in all colors.
Most of us didn’t make hundreds if not thousands of arrests by going after just anybody.
there’s a lot of parts to it but it absolutely is a skill and also based on your experiences and using real time information to make quality stops based on reasonable suspicion and probable cause.

I just don't get it...
Just stop effen running, most of the killings would be almost a non issue. My brother just retired LAPD Central division a few years ago, he just had a knack for knowing ones that are a danger and those that are not, comes with 100's of stops and encounters. I remember playing golf with a LASD deputy one time, just met the guy, so during the round, I opened up about an experience when I was 20 with a great friend cruising down whittier in the old days. I told him we were stopped by LASD Pico division, anyone who cruised that area back in the early to mid 90's, those deputies were strict and not very caring... so I mentioned to him me and my friend were pulled over (lowered car/tinted windows) by LASD... we were both stoned out of our mind... it was really obvious. At the end deputy let us go after he searched the car. I asked the deputy I was golfing with "why do you think he let us go", his response was real candid and refreshing. "I can't speak for him, but I've done the same thing, as an officer, you just know which ones to hook and which ones to let go. The ones I let go are not a threat or will cause harm or damage, why ruin their clean records just for the sake of an arrest, its obvious which ones we need to arrest and take to jail, there's that feeling or vibe they give off"... it was interesting. My brother on the other hand was pretty old school... he had graduated the acadamey in '87, he couldn't wrap his head around how things have changed and what society was becoming...He hit the eject button and is happily retired..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I just don't get it...
Just stop effen running, most of the killings would be almost a non issue. My brother just retired LAPD Central division a few years ago, he just had a knack for knowing ones that are a danger and those that are not, comes with 100's of stops and encounters. I remember playing golf with a LASD deputy one time, just met the guy, so during the round, I opened up about an experience when I was 20 with a great friend cruising down whittier in the old days. I told him we were stopped by LASD Pico division, anyone who cruised that area back in the early to mid 90's, those deputies were strict and not very caring... so I mentioned to him me and my friend were pulled over (lowered car/tinted windows) by LASD... we were both stoned out of our mind... it was really obvious. At the end deputy let us go after he searched the car. I asked the deputy I was golfing with "why do you think he let us go", his response was real candid and refreshing. "I can't speak for him, but I've done the same thing, as an officer, you just know which ones to hook and which ones to let go. The ones I let go are not a threat or will cause harm or damage, why ruin their clean records just for the sake of an arrest, its obvious which ones we need to arrest and take to jail, there's that feeling or vibe they give off"... it was interesting. My brother on the other hand was pretty old school... he had graduated the acadamey in '87, he couldn't wrap his head around how things have changed and what society was becoming...He hit the eject button and is happily retired..
Graduated academy I. 92’
Different world now

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Did LeBron match the $100K yet?
They are holding back and will step forward and incite more trouble if Trump gets re elected.
Where's all the forums left wing, bald headed, shortmans complex midget, white people hating toxic turds?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
WHEN DOES A SHEEPDOG BECOME A HOUND?

NOW!!!

I refused to tune into the media or anything regarding the incident till last night... This one hurts especially bad.

Maybe it's me softening during my old age, maybe cause my daughter is active, I don't know..... but my heart hurts for all LEOs

A few months ago I participated as a monitor for the LASD Academy role playing testing. A gratifying experience as I always wanted to teach and train new LEOs on a personal level. More so to give advice regarding personal survival and now in our current society, career survival.

1: Go home after your shift
2: Don't get indicted

3: Don't miss your code 7
4: Don't get wet if it's raining.... lol

In a nutshell, do the right thing

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Reporter on Bill Hemmer says they have a suspect but not named. 28-30 year old

4Waters

Reaction score
LASO searching for a suspect in Lynwood, stay indoors order.

It appears it's for an armed carjacking suspect.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That's a great question. And truly, who knows for sure. Every situation is different.

Maybe it was someone who sat across from him in court, and got the short end of the stick? lol

My personal thoughts?

Read that article I posted about what's going on in the the police unions. And it's not just the police union, it's the power that All the unions have. I have a friend that works for Kaiser, he's a head surgeon over there. He was telling me about some doctor that got caught stealing red handed. Kaiser fired him on the spot, and he was back on his job a year later. Everyone was like...WTF is happening here??? The union had him reinstated. They have more power than we know.

Same thing with teachers. You're stuck with a bad one no matter what. Unless a teacher rapes a kid, they are not going away. They can be lazy and teach the kids shit we don't agree with all day long. They aren't gonna get fired for that.

When I worked for Penske, 3 writes ups and you were toast. You got sent to down the road motors.

Supposedly the cop that was responsible for George Floyd's death had 17 write ups in his file.

I'm no word smith, so I hope what I'm sayin here makes sense.

So wtf is a deplorable racist supremacist anyway? :p

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Got some preliminary info that the suspect
LASO searching for a suspect in Lynwood, stay indoors order.

It appears it's for an armed carjacking suspect.

They have the shooter suspect contained. He led them on a pursuit and then car jacked another driver before terminating in lynwood area.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Last i heard Kobe’s wife gave the sheriff shit for calling Lebron out.
The sheriff just addressed Vanessas tweet, He agreed that it was unfortunate that her daughter and the other victims bodies were posted on the internet following the helicopter crashes investigation by his department.