WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NJBA Covid-19 Showdown Sept 19-20, 2020

THE BOAT CHIC

Reaction score
Heading out to Bakersfield shortly to Lake Ming for NJBA Covid-19 Showdown....anyone else going?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Not going. I originally read that no spectators were allowed, only racers and their crew? Did something change or are you on a "crew"?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Just got home from Bakersfield last night. Hopefully I won’t be going back for a while.

stoker2001

Reaction score
say hey to my Bestie "wild Bill",he is only outboard powered boat,but gives them hell in the nine second class!stop in his pit and introduce yourself,tell him Kevin told you too.Safe travels and racing too all :cool:

Attachments

• qmaster.png
    qmaster.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 129

THE BOAT CHIC

Reaction score
say hey to my Bestie "wild Bill",he is only outboard powered boat,but gives them hell in the nine second class!stop in his pit and introduce yourself,tell him Kevin told you too.Safe travels and racing too all :cool:
he ran great....the boat hauled for sure!! i wish i would have seen the post...he was in front of us at the launch several times.

stoker2001

Reaction score
he ran great....the boat hauled for sure!! i wish i would have seen the post...he was in front of us at the launch several times.
Next month Bill will be back,him and his wife Marie are great peeps!I here he lost in quarter-finals in a photo finish breaking out by.01 second.that boat is one of a handful in the country that can run high 8 second elapsed times with a little 2.5L fishing motor on ratio of pump/race gas (no power adders)

Wedgy

Reaction score
Sounds like a good time was had by all!
I hope they allow spectators for the remaining races, and announce early.

RitcheyRich and Fam have been waiting since MARCH!

It is a LOT of work to Crew an event. So kudos to the Volunteers, Race Organizers, Racers and Crews that made this race possible.

Crew on a boat would be mad fun, but bet it's intense!

Did anybody get any Pics??!!
Next races this Crazy season.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sure hoping to see the circle boat races next month at Lake Ming. My wife and I are realy looking forward to going if they don't get cancelled or decide no spectators are allowed.

Sounds like a good time was had by all!
I hope they allow spectators for the remaining races, and announce early.

RitcheyRich and Fam have been waiting since MARCH!

It is a LOT of work to Crew an event. So kudos to the Volunteers, Race Organizers, Racers and Crews that made this race possible.

Crew on a boat would be mad fun, but bet it's intense!

Did anybody get any Pics??!!
Next races this Crazy season.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed RR. I'd hook you up if I could, for all you do for RDP.

Kern County schedule,, not sure if current, probably not. Worth a call, or 2 hundred.

It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled!!

Even though on an abbreviated schedule,, the APBA has held races this summer in the upper Midwest. I made the first race in Parker, didn't croak. Even though I can't attend,, this is a chance I'd be willing to take.

I'll post up if I can find out anything when I call Kern Co. The NJBA may know more too.
Cheers 'Mates!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks and we are sure hopeful the races can proceed with spectators. I've been told that Kern County is not locked down quite like LA County.

Keeping my fingers crossed RR. I'd hook you up if I could, for all you do for RDP.

Kern County schedule,, not sure if current, probably not. Worth a call, or 2 hundred.

It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled!!

Even though on an abbreviated schedule,, the APBA has held races this summer in the upper Midwest. I made the first race in Parker, didn't croak. Even though I can't attend,, this is a chance I'd be willing to take.

I'll post up if I can find out anything when I call Kern Co. The NJBA may know more too.
Cheers 'Mates!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Well Inmates, just got off the phone with Kern Co Parks Dept. Glen there, nice guy, said unfortunately the no spectators decree would remain in place, subject to the State of Ca. easing existing restrictions. County of Kern remains at the mercy of the Demoncratic Newsom administration, along with the rest of Ca. Glen is hoping for a return to normal asap. He said they would update with any changes.

Campgrounds are open, but 1st come basis. State guidelines are in place. A Race team, or NJBA contact may help in getting in, as Inmates have pointed out.

I'd imagine not many Volunteers would be needed with no spectators.
We had an Army of our Job Corps Kids setting up, and volunteering for Bayfair in SD. Culinary Arts class fed all the Volunteers for years.

Wish I had better news, Mr. Ritch
Semper Fi!