WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Random thought

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Nitrogen has been the latest and greatest for tires.
Would filling them with helium make the vehicle lighter?!

tenor.gif

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Helium is flammable, therefore treadmill or not, that plane bucking the 90 mph headwind would never make it to Havasu Springs, but their Bloody Mary's are still great.

Lol that's Hydrogen, Helium is an inert gas.

And yes it would be lighter.

It would also cost you a fuckload. A K bottle of nitrogen is about $40, a K bottle of Helium is about $500.

I use the stuff when welding heavy aluminum or copper. i about had a heart attack when i got the bottle replaced last time. There has been a helium shortage, and they were supposed to be building a new storage facility in TX somwhere.

The problem with Helium is once it is released it goes straight to the top of the atmosphere and dissapates into space, since it's an inert element it will not bond with other elements to form molecules that are stable or readily storable, So unlike most other elements on earth, we are actually losing the stuff to space and it truly never comes back.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
They put that shit in our truck tires and when it gets cold it sets off the tire sensors and says you have low tires

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
The guy that does ceramic coatings said helium is the way to go and can bundle it in with the ceramic coating job.

He is running a covid special, where he includes CBD wheel dressing with all helium fills.
Does he usually have a high pitch voice? Or is that only after the job is done for the day? Asking for a friend.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It would also cost you a fuckload. A K bottle of nitrogen is about $40, a K bottle of Helium is about $500.

I use the stuff when welding heavy aluminum or copper. i about had a heart attack when i got the bottle replaced last time. There has been a helium shortage, and they were supposed to be building a new storage facility in TX somwhere.

The problem with Helium is once it is released it goes straight to the top of the atmosphere and dissapates into space, since it's an inert element it will not bond with other elements to form molecules that are stable or readily storable, So unlike most other elements on earth, we are actually losing the stuff to space and it truly never comes back.

you know I never really gave that any thought until right now.. lol. But yes I could see that.. up into the outer atmosphere and bye bye..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I always tell the new laborers that they should drain the compressor before loading it up on the truck. "it'll be a 120lbs lighter" 🤣

it would be lighter with it empty than when it’s filled.. ??

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
it would be lighter with it empty than when it’s filled.. ??
It's a joke on the "new guy" Dave. 🤣We also used to send an idiot we were tired of dealing with down to the truck to grab the "Green handled board stretcher" 👍😉🤣

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What weighs more...

A pound of feathers? Or a pound of rocks?

Is that in earth’s gravity, on the moon reduced gravitation or weightlessness of space?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score

Yes, and every time I see someone fill a ballon with it, I just shake my head. It’s a finite resource, and one of the few things on earth I’d actually like to see more regulations on. Funny enough, with the Covid shutdown helium is no longer being “rationed” but the prices sure haven’t gone down. They are starting to store excesses again.

530RL

Reaction score
Would the tires then make a funny noise when the pressure was lowered? 🤡

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Are we allowed to change temperature? :)

Well...

If you drop two different sacks of rocks...

From fifty feet in the air....

Into fifty feet of water...

But...

One body of water is 80 degrees...

And the other is 28 degrees...

Which body of water, will allow the pound of rocks, will get to the bottom first?

🤔

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score
Well...

If you drop two different pounds of rocks...

But...

Which body of water, will allow the pound of rocks, will get to the bottom first?

🤔

Hmmmm

Well, We all know the speed of sound is faster in seawater than in air so ..............

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Well...

But...

🤔
It depends on the Henway.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yes, and every time I see someone fill a ballon with it, I just shake my head. It’s a finite resource, and one of the few things on earth I’d actually like to see more regulations on. Funny enough, with the Covid shutdown helium is no longer being “rationed” but the prices sure haven’t gone down. They are starting to store excesses again.

Yes and no. The production of helium occurs naturally on earth via nuclear decay from stuff like uranium.

Oh and also from H bombs!

Reddy Too

Reaction score
Well...

But...

🤔
Fahrenheit or Celsius?

530RL

Reaction score
If an attractive woman is naked in a bed and you can only go half the distance each time you go closer, will you ever get there?

WYRD

Reaction score
I don't know about being lighter but I use helium in my truck tires because they really make the mud terrain tread sound better, more of a higher pitch. 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well...

If you drop two different sacks of rocks...

But...

🤔

Nobody???

530RL

Reaction score
Nobody???
Since fresh water freezes at 32 degrees and salt water freezes at 28.4 degrees I'll go with the 80 degree water.

Joe does not qualify the state of the water in the body of water below freezing. Water can be solid at 28 degrees F but it can also remain a liquid up to -55 F.

Warm water is however less dense and as a result has less friction.

Joe does not state if there is a difference in the weight of the two bags of rocks nor does he say if one bag has rocks with neutral buoyancy and one does not?

So I am going with not enough data to answer unequivocally. :)