WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for our first RV

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
looks good,the cool thing with those vs gas, the front seats don'step up, also the dream dinette takes about 2 secounds to make into a bed,,,,

another cool thing about that plan is the opposing dinette and sofa, then add the swivel frt seats and every one is together you can have 6 or 8 of your friend over and wife still has room in the kitchen to make everyone sandwiches and hand out the cold beers....

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
no...not for 6 more mo...bought a mercedes sprinter class b dually
Do tell ,Steve. You know more about these things than anyone here and I just can't get the sprinter 150g deal..

fmo24

Reaction score
Do tell ,Steve. You know more about these things than anyone here and I just can't get the sprinter 150g deal..
Non Mercedes vans are considerably less. My brother has a ram and a buddy has a ford.

RCDave

Reaction score
looks good,the cool thing with those vs gas, the front seats don'step up, also the dream dinette takes about 2 secounds to make into a bed,,,,

another cool thing about that plan is the opposing dinette and sofa, then add the swivel frt seats and every one is together you can have 6 or 8 of your friend over and wife still has room in the kitchen to make everyone sandwiches and hand out the cold beers....
Congrats Rd and family

Singleton

Reaction score
Now the fun begins.
Get ready for the Amazon, Target, Walmart trips to pickup everything you need for it.
That is another 2500 spent

Hallett

Reaction score
Congratulations Dave & family I'm sure you will make some great memories. 👍

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

Hey Steve, I've got a question for you, years ago you had a Ford e350 class c you put 19.5 wheels on didn't you? I seem to remember you having one. My question is how much better was the ride with the bigger wheels?

Sorry not trying to thread jack, just a quick question

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Steve, I've got a question for you, years ago you had a Ford e350 class c you put 19.5 wheels on didn't you? I seem to remember you having one. My question is how much better was the ride with the bigger wheels?

The point of the thread is to learn about rv’s.. lol. That isn’t thread jacking it about as on point as you can get

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I can’t imagine spending that much money on a rig like that and letting it sit outside all summer.

You have to know someone who has room for you to store it covered at least...if not indoors.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

it was a great improvement, and also eye catcher.... I'd stand back and watch many go over and read the tire size....but I have went back to my old mod,.. 235-85-16's there taller than stock, ride better, higher load rating so you can run the air pressure a little lower, but why I do it is to slow down the top end rpms,,,the e 450's go down the road about 2500 rpms and the mod scrubs about 400 off...

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Congrats RD and Stacy.

You guys will have a ball with this thing. Now, ya gotta make a commitment. Listen to an old fart fer a second.
I know you are both busy in the extreme, work yer behinds off kind of people with businesses and careers that eat up a lot of your time, and that finding time to go do things with the family is not easy.
Do it anyway...find the time. Make it happen. Get that thing set up with it's own kitchen gear and as many of your clothes and stuff for the kids as you can, to where all you need to load is fresh groceries and the kids clothes and stuff so where loading to go consists of a back pack for each kid and one for each of you...so that all you do is fill the water tank, the fuel tank and hook up whatever toys you are going to play with and go.
And do just that GO.
Frequently. for just a couple of nights if that is all you can, and longer whenever you can put it together. USE THAT MACHINE.
Our sons are 35 and 32, and we had a little B-day party for a grandson yesterday, and the topic of camping came up. I was amazed at the trips, places and moments those boys remember from 20 plus years ago with our adventures. Hel they even remember what tape was in the TV/VHS combo in the bedroom that they watched on trips to Sand Mountain for a whole year. Apparently they watched some Ninja Turtles movie when we got to Reno, because they knew that when it was over we would be arriving at the mountain.
They remember.
Your kids will too.
And that, as you guys both know, is what it is all about.
Have fun.
Microwave popcorn never tastes better than when you are rolling down the highway on the way to some adventure with the kids.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I can’t imagine spending that much money on a rig like that and letting it sit outside all summer.

You have to know someone who has room for you to store it covered at least...if not indoors.

Agreed, I would always avoid buying rvs that were stored outside, especially in Arizona.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Congrats RD and Stacy.

You guys will have a ball with this thing. Now, ya gotta make a commitment. Listen to an old fart fer a second.
I know you are both busy in the extreme, work yer behinds off kind of people with businesses and careers that eat up a lot of your time, and that finding time to go do things with the family is not easy.
Do it anyway...find the time. Make it happen. Get that thing set up with it's own kitchen gear and as many of your clothes and stuff for the kids as you can, to where all you need to load is fresh groceries and the kids clothes and stuff so where loading to go consists of a back pack for each kid and one for each of you...so that all you do is fill the water tank, the fuel tank and hook up whatever toys you are going to play with and go.
And do just that GO.
Frequently. for just a couple of nights if that is all you can, and longer whenever you can put it together. USE THAT MACHINE.
Our sons are 35 and 32, and we had a little B-day party for a grandson yesterday, and the topic of camping came up. I was amazed at the trips, places and moments those boys remember from 20 plus years ago with our adventures. Hel they even remember what tape was in the TV/VHS combo in the bedroom that they watched on trips to Sand Mountain for a whole year. Apparently they watched some Ninja Turtles movie when we got to Reno, because they knew that when it was over we would be arriving at the mountain.
They remember.
Your kids will too.
And that, as you guys both know, is what it is all about.
Have fun.
Microwave popcorn never tastes better than when you are rolling down the highway on the way to some adventure with the kids.
well said, MY son said this to his wife,,,when I was a kid we went almost every week end,....I don't think he had the time we do, he hung drywall all day, hauled ass home loaded everything and we went,,,, he didn't have the time.... he made the time...got a big grin when I heard about it...

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
well said, MY son said this to his wife,,,when I was a kid we went almost every week end,....I don't think he had the time we do, he hung drywall all day, hauled ass home loaded everything and we went,,,, he didn't have the time.... he made the time...got a big grin when I heard about it...

Makes ya feel like ya did something right, doesn't it.:)
I used to work swings, go in at 5pm and get off at 3am, drive home and the boys were so excited they had gone to bed in the motor home... Wake the wife up, she grabs the dog and we get in the motor home and drive 4 hours to the mountain. Wife would be asleep with the kids within 30 min of rolling out the driveway. Back then my dog, a big male German Shepard, would ride shotgun in the passenger captains chair, he'd stay there til a human kicked him out. Always wondered what people thought when we passed them and they saw that monster with big yellow eyes looking down at them, LOL
We'd get up there and I would try to sneak into bed. No luck. Everyone is wide awake and raring to go, gotta unload the rails o the boys can unload the quads, and by then I'd get my 3rd wind. I knew that once I drank a beer that wind would collapse, so no beer til after dinner, then collapse.
And they would bitch because I snored that night, LOL.
I am sure you've been there, you worked your ass off... just a different way. We are close to the same age and we both love the RV travel to play life.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well the goal was to be gone next summer.. lol. In the rig!

fmo24

Reaction score
Well the goal was to be gone next summer.. lol. In the rig!
Just keep up on all the caulking and seals. Treat the slide seals and rubber and if/when needed new dicor around vents and roof lines. We used to live in Palm Springs and stored outside. Not ideal but just keep up on roof maintenance and it will be good.

spectras only

Reaction score
Congrats to you guys for the new toy. Make sure you'll use it a LOT. I like this 340 footer comes with center entry door .Never cared for the front entry all the big busses have, feeling like boarding a Greyhound, every time you enter ;) How many slider are on this bus, 3?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
start booking campgrounds now.
just read Yellowstone is already sold out for summer 2021

new thread coming up.. lol. I gotta work out the final details of the purchase today, and once I go get it I’ll be asking everyone where to go and where not to go.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
new thread coming up.. lol. I gotta work out the final details of the purchase today, and once I go get it I’ll be asking everyone where to go and where not to go.

For the first trip put it down at Windsor, like any new home there will be numerous trips to the store and home depot to get it set up, camp in it locally and make your lists.

wallnutz

Reaction score
For the first trip put it down at Windsor, like any new home there will be numerous trips to the store and home depot to get it set up, camp in it locally and make your lists.
Good advise. Make sure you run everything too, including the furnace. If it has never been used it will run you out with the new smell burning off.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When you are a hammer the whole world is a nail.. lol

and if you are gonna go buy an RV ya bring the king! Or in this case the Hammer.. lol. If there’s a couple grand laying around on the ground Steve will find it. :D

403AC7BC-2F18-4529-A0A8-39D808D650FA.jpeg
11568915-87DA-4C58-8E86-CF07437A3AE2.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

and if you are gonna go buy an RV ya bring the king! Or in this case the Hammer.. lol. If there’s a couple grand laying around on the ground Steve will find it. :D

View attachment 927172 View attachment 927173

I see Steve brought his RV inspection spectacles.. you are in for a treat, or a scare :)

Singleton

Reaction score

View attachment 927172 View attachment 927173

your bringing an expert RV inspector. Smart move.
read a ton of his posts on what to look for when I purchased my ToyHauler

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This outta be an interesting trip, keep us posted...

buck35

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That was gonna be my suggestion two days ago. Smart move! Way to step up Steve!

People talk a lot of shit on ole Steve.. when I said I was gonna buy this one ge said let’s go! Stacy had me call him at like 7:30 in the morning to see what time he’d be coming in from Vegas and Steve said “I’m here get your ass up let’s go.” Lol

buck35

Reaction score
People talk a lot of shit on ole Steve.. when I said I was gonna buy this one ge said let’s go! Stacy had me call him at like 7:30 in the morning to see what time he’d be coming in from Vegas and Steve said “I’m here get your ass up let’s go.” Lol
I for one really enjoy his posts and welcome the knowledge he is willing to share,and if it's for sale he done fixxed the issues and all is good.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Guess RD is going to be heading back empty handed..... Good luck!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
That is one fully knowledgeable, smart son of a gun you have there RD. I don't think there is much he doesn't know about RV's, boats or building houses. At least when I've had the pleasure to shoot the shit with him!!.

DTHSTAR

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but since we've never really looked at a Super C, is there any reasonable way, sans acrobatics, to get from the cab to the coach or visa versa ?
Like to use the rest room as one example.
Ha! Not a dumb question. You will have to be a bit flexible and get over that center console. The bed/loft above has a middle section that comes out. It's much easier with that removed. Thanks, Mike

TeamGreene

Reaction score
AKA burning fucking daylight 😁

Hammer

Reaction score
You gotta be close by now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raffit78

Reaction score
Thor Ace 30.2 bunkhouse edition has the same layout with a one slide on the driver side. 60-80k newer ones
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.21.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.20.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.20.55 PM.png

buck35

Reaction score
2FF , tell us about the smaller ones. No interest in anything over 25 feet.
Not paying a 100,000 for a used tiny house....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
steve has made more boat and rv purchases than this whole board put together. He used to wholesale them to the dealerships.. (seriously)

We are just lock the discovered boats and RVs before crack and heroin :)

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yes how’s it gone so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe mama

Reaction score
Steve’s first comet will be “ your add says like new condition”.