WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sacramento Delta Camping - Skiing

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Looking to spend a week on the Delta next year, we have stayed at Turner Cut Resort before but the Launch ramp was friggin crazy and I didn't like being in a bowl, had a great time and the place was nice but... We are looking to tent camp or rent a cottage or bungalow so we can be close to the water. We will have a couple Flats and a Day Cruiser with us.

Places we are looking into:

B&W Resort
Windmill Cove
Sugar Barge
Snug Harbor

Any insights would be appreciated

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
B&W has the best view from the property. Not down behind levee and from what I hear decent & clean cabins.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I lived on the Delta for 30 years and I stay at Sugar Barge. Clean, great ramp and central location.

brgrcru

Reaction score
snug harbor is nice . right on water . hard to get too. The people that run it . Well I heard not so nice .

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Looking to spend a week on the Delta next year, we have stayed at Turner Cut Resort before but the Launch ramp was friggin crazy and I didn't like being in a bowl, had a great time and the place was nice but... We are looking to tent camp or rent a cottage or bungalow so we can be close to the water. We will have a couple Flats and a Day Cruiser with us.

Places we are looking into:

B&W Resort
Windmill Cove
Sugar Barge
Snug Harbor

Any insights would be appreciated
“Ski beach” is around the corner from Sugar Barge and is great for beaching or anchoring the flats. No traffic this time of year. Learn to ski there in 1967 on a brand new Maharajah.
If you have never been to the Delta get a map!!!

brgrcru

Reaction score
Vieras has a private beach , you can rent . It's pricey , but with 4/5 campers not that bad. your flats can be anchored , they have a dock . And a little beach , ramp is good . Nice part of delta . Not to busy ,
If you don't rent beach , they have a slough and docks . But hard to get flats in and out , with no neutral . Need a Padel arm .
Been going there for 51 years.
Nice bungalows and they have tent area and rv camping . Could right next to each other .
Nice owners , store , use yo have a bar and good . But was closed this year.
Easy to get to. Off of 12 .
Not lot of action . We like to ski , board , and surf. We can disappear and not see anyone for hours . Even on a big weekend .
My type of boating . Fuck the crowds .

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
This is terrific guys, thank you so much. We spent a week up there in 2007 at Turner Cut resort and loved it. We will tent or cabin, what ever woks best for us, we typically tent camp at Kings and love being right on the water and that is what I am trying to get close to. I am going to plan a long weekend here in November or December and fly up there with my wife and run around a scout some spots out, Thank you again for your insights.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Vieras has a private beach , you can rent . It's pricey , but with 4/5 campers not that bad. your flats can be anchored , they have a dock . And a little beach , ramp is good . Nice part of delta . Not to busy ,
If you don't rent beach , they have a slough and docks . But hard to get flats in and out , with no neutral . Need a Padel arm .
Been going there for 51 years.
Nice bungalows and they have tent area and rv camping . Could right next to each other .
Nice owners , store , use yo have a bar and good . But was closed this year.
Easy to get to. Off of 12 .
Not lot of action . We like to ski , board , and surf. We can disappear and not see anyone for hours . Even on a big weekend .
My type of boating . Fuck the crowds .
This sounds just like what we are looking for and a bonus is I have a velvet drive in the Sanger :)

the lynch mob

Reaction score
Vieiras. Although right now tent area is closed do to the Chinese virus. Stay away from snug harbor.