WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arizona family speaks out after scary robbery during Mexico trip

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
A family in Mesa is recounting some scary moments they recently encountered, after they were robbed at gunpoint in Mexico.

Members of the Davis family say they have been going to their beach house south of Rocky Point for more than 20 years and never felt unsafe, but they experienced some terrifying moments on the night of Oct. 6.

Video of the incident was taken moments after the attack. The daughter of Natalie and Mason Davis was on Snapchat when suddenly, a small gray car orders them to stop.

"He rolls down his window and pulls out a machine gun and I say, 'oh my goodness, this is bad,'" said Mason. "As soon as we come to a stop, he jumps out and immediately runs to the truck, and I put my hands up and said you can have the truck."

Mason jumped out of the car, yelling at his daughters and wife to get out.

"Little Clara, my youngest, who is 13, she is underneath the covers and he's trying to leave," said Mason.

"Clara got out of the car, and at that very moment, all the car doors were still open and the car sped off," said Natalie. "It took us a moment to process everything that had happened. It happened so quickly."

The Davis family was taken to a Mexican military base by total strangers, where they finally had the moment to digest what happened.

"There was no fight we said 'just take it. It's just stuff,' and for those couple of minutes, I was really calm and collected, and then afterwards, it hit me," said Mason. "They just took all of our stuff, they took our passports, phones, ID. Fortunately, she grabbed her purse with the little bit of money they had."

The family says that while they took their beloved truck that they just finished paying off two months ago, as well as the quads and all their belongings, it's just stuff.

"As sad as it was to see the truck we just finished paying off drive away full of everything, at least we have our family," said Mason.

Unfortunately, the incident has resulted in a total loss for the Davis family, because they say that they weren't aware that they needed to get Mexican insurance.

According to the U.S. State Department website, Americans are asked to not travel to five of Mexico's 32 states and federal entities, including the states of Colima, Guerrero, Michoacán, Sinaloa, and Tamaulipas, due to crime. In addition, Americans are asked to reconsider travel to 11 other Mexican states, including the state of Sonora, located south of Arizona, due to crime.

77charger

Reaction score
Screw Mexico I won’t bother going. Sure there’s the I’ve gone for 40 years no problems til there’s that one day.
use to be if you wanted trouble you found it now it’s trouble finds you wheter you look for it or not.

One2go

Reaction score
Mexico is a lawless country,Used to go down below Ensenada to place called La Jolla beach camp in the early 70 s .Always were fine but going into the 80 s and 90 s it changed drastically.Last time we went got pulled over and the usual deal,pay for freedom.Gave them all the cash we had and went straight back to Ca.Never again!!

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks.
But I have to ask...20 years going to their “beach house” in Mexico and they didn’t know they needed separate insurance?

Came to say this....

giphy.gif

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Screw Mexico I won’t bother going. Sure there’s the I’ve gone for 40 years no problems til there’s that one day.
use to be if you wanted trouble you found it now it’s trouble finds you wheter you look for it or not.

I must’ve missed the memo where the US was exempt from any armed robberies happening 😂

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Who's the member here that was kidnapped, robbed, jailed or what ever it was. He has quite the story to tell.

Groper

Reaction score
And some of my coworkers keep telling me to take the soon to be ex-wife to Rocky Point for a small vacation....

NOPE!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Fixed ^^^^

A friend's daughter and MIL were at the TJ border crossing coming back a few weeks ago on Sunday when a shootout erupted during their 4hr wait, they were ordered by the BP to get out of their vehicles and lay on the ground for several minutes. Not worth whatever they were shopping for to save a few bucks f that.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to pit for the Mc Millin team in the Baja races and one year they had a major altercation.

One of the crew members who also brings his wife and 2 daughters because they all help and enjoy it, were pulling a shop trailer. After the race he needed to get back and left before the caravan of trucks, etc. He was driving an F350 towing a 32' enclosed trailer and was stopped by "federales". At first, they just made them get out of the truck while they trashed the interior. (we used to just give them t-shirts and stickers and off we went) Next thing, all of them were cuffed with zip ties and had hoods placed over their heads. They were put in the back of a van and driven for over an hour. When they stopped, they had their clothes cut off by their captors and they were led away. With the hoods still on, they were forced to lay on the ground and they feared the worst. Then, the "federales" just hopped in the van and sped off. They were left in their underwear in the Mexican desert. The Dad was able to break his zip tie and get all of the hoods off. They then walked a couple of miles to a house, and from their were rescued. The truck, trailer and thousands in tools were never seen again. Safe to say he stopped pitting in Mexico and if I remember correctly, the Mc Millin team may have even taken a year or two off from Mexico. Now the rule is that everyone sticks together.

I think the last time I did a Baja race was maybe 2003 but I do not go to Mexico at all anymore.

beerrun

Reaction score
I used to pit for the Mc Millin team in the Baja races and one year they had a major altercation.

One of the crew members who also brings his wife and 2 daughters because they all help and enjoy it, were pulling a shop trailer. After the race he needed to get back and left before the caravan of trucks, etc. He was driving an F350 towing a 32' enclosed trailer and was stopped by "federales". At first, they just made them get out of the truck while they trashed the interior. (we used to just give them t-shirts and stickers and off we went) Next thing, all of them were cuffed with zip ties and had hoods placed over their heads. They were put in the back of a van and driven for over an hour. When they stopped, they had their clothes cut off by their captors and they were led away. With the hoods still on, they were forced to lay on the ground and they feared the worst. Then, the "federales" just hopped in the van and sped off. They were left in their underwear in the Mexican desert. The Dad was able to break his zip tie and get all of the hoods off. They then walked a couple of miles to a house, and from their were rescued. The truck, trailer and thousands in tools were never seen again. Safe to say he stopped pitting in Mexico and if I remember correctly, the Mc Millin team may have even taken a year or two off from Mexico. Now the rule is that everyone sticks together.

I think the last time I did a Baja race was maybe 2003 but I do not go to Mexico at all anymore.
It was my family and that's not quite how it happened

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Used to go fishing with my Pops in Ensenada in the 80s. I was young, and Pops spoke fluent spanish...and was mexican. Seemed ok then, but I was too young to see things as I do now. Haven't been back in 15-16 years...don't see the need. People say Rocky Point is nice, or this place or that. When the cartels have better armament than the government, doesn't seem to be where I'd take my kids.

gqchris

Reaction score
Another one of these threads........................🙄OK

Listen, if you are down there pulling Quads, a toyhauler, toys etc etc, in a new Truck with US Plates, just assume you may be a target.

The story makes it act like they were taken to a Warehouse by the Cartel and chainsaw cut up into small pieces. No....... they got jacked. Plain and Simple.

If you showboat down there, you are asking for trouble. I'm sorry, you need to blend in. Leave the toys at home. Blend in, Be Humble. Dress appropriately, that means no shorts for guys, (Puta), NO Fucking Flip Flops. Use your head. Keep your $1000 iphone in your pocket.

I'm sure a Go Fund me has been setup for the idiots who were too cheap in this story to buy Mex Insurance.

wallnutz

Reaction score
We go to Rocky Point once or twice a year depending on what we have going on. 20 yrs ago I would drive my two young kids and wife down there on a Friday night after work and not even think twice about doing it. Now we drive in a caravan of at least four vehicles in the daylight. Once we are down there we feel safe, but we never go anywhere alone. I know that doesn't sound fun, but we really do have a great time down there and know a bunch of Americans that live down there full time, also quite a few locals.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I refuse to spend my $$ in Mexico, been 5-6 times 15-20 years ago. When they clean up the crime and corruption maybe, most likely not in my lifetime. It's
a shithole country and they deserve no American $$ IMO.

beerrun

Reaction score
My wife will post a link to our story later you can also find the vide if you look up Hall family baja its a I shouldn't be alive show

beerrun

Reaction score

probablecause

Reaction score
We go to Rocky Point once or twice a year depending on what we have going on. 20 yrs ago I would drive my two young kids and wife down there on a Friday night after work and not even think twice about doing it. Now we drive in a caravan of at least four vehicles in the daylight. Once we are down there we feel safe, but we never go anywhere alone. I know that doesn't sound fun, but we really do have a great time down there and know a bunch of Americans that live down there full time, also quite a few locals.
Wasn't there some community a while ago where all of the homeowners were evicted from their homes because they were not residents or some B.S. like that. Thought it was down by Ensenada.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
So what do the trophy truck guys do with millions of dollars in rigs and trucks? Wouldn't they be prime targets?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wallnutz

Reaction score
Wasn't there some community a while ago where all of the homeowners were evicted from their homes because they were not residents or some B.S. like that. Thought it was down by Ensenada.
It happens every couple of years. I think the last good size development that was taken over was down in San Felipe last year.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Another one of these threads........................🙄OK

Listen, if you are down there pulling Quads, a toyhauler, toys etc etc, in a new Truck with US Plates, just assume you may be a target.

The story makes it act like they were taken to a Warehouse by the Cartel and chainsaw cut up into small pieces. No....... they got jacked. Plain and Simple.

If you showboat down there, you are asking for trouble. I'm sorry, you need to blend in. Leave the toys at home. Blend in, Be Humble. Dress appropriately, that means no shorts for guys, (Puta), NO Fucking Flip Flops. Use your head. Keep your $1000 iphone in your pocket.

I'm sure a Go Fund me has been setup for the idiots who were too cheap in this story to buy Mex Insurance.
No shorts and flip flops? Fuck that shithole!

One2go

Reaction score
Listen to some interviews with Ed Cauldron,former high level security/intelligence from Mexico. He pretty much lays it out for you. Does say there are some places that are,for most part safe.However if you travel to areas that are controlled by cartels,Good Luck. There's little of no law in all of Mexico,only areas that the cartels dont want a lot of press so they are safer than others.

Reactions: TPC

havasujeeper

Reaction score
We were also on Hwy 1 at the 2007 BAJA 1000, headed to pit for the Checkers, in the last town before Cabo. My driver blew a turbo on the pit truck, so we were forced to rent a Suburban in Ensenada (for $500 a day!), Having Mexican plates, I believe this saved us from being victims ourselves. I have not been down since, but we all heard the radio traffic and were looking for the stolen trailer the entire trip home.

Yep, beautiful country but F that, I will never go back.
Baja 1000 2007 004.jpg
Baja 1000 2007 073.jpg
Baja 1000 2007 034.jpg
Baja 1000 2007 055.jpg
Baja 1000 2007 062.jpg