WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

South OC Cars and Coffee

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
My first time checking this out and my first car show and shoot since Covid. It was great to see so many people out having fun. Also, cool to see a bunch of Exotic cars that I normally only view up close at C&C Motorsports. As the these cars came and went I thought, I wonder if there's a RiverDaver in here somewhere?

Thanks for watching!

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Glad you made it out Jerry. Always an impressive collection of cars. 👍

As always nice video

PlanB

Reaction score
We used to go up there, but it's early to drive up from San Diego. The owner of Superformance usually has at least a couple of cars up there. Usually a good turnout of nice stuff.

77charger

Reaction score
Ill probably head down there in about 3 weeks im going to pismo in 2 weeks for a jet ski deal then stayin at my moms in laguna niguel for 2 weeks be great to take the 58 impala out since its been a while for a show.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Ill probably head down there in about 3 weeks im going to pismo in 2 weeks for a jet ski deal then stayin at my moms in laguna niguel for 2 weeks be great to take the 58 impala out since its been a while for a show.

Hell Yeah Robert!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Always a good show. Good little walk about to see some really cool stuff. I think I like the rat rod stuff over the Lambos and the likes.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I cant go to far with that old car LOL fwys suck 60 mph im at 3000 rpm already san clemente is 15 min drive ill be fine. can side street there very easily though too

I feel your pain. If I was smart I'd put an overdrive trans in my Vel.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Always a good show. Good little walk about to see some really cool stuff. I think I like the rat rod stuff over the Lambos and the likes.

I normally shoot Hot Rod cruising shows. They've all cancelled this year in SoCal. I saw some short clips from this show (on insta and fb) and it looked like Hot Rods and Musclecars. When I arrived, I discovered it was everybody there. Late model Mustang, Camaro, Challenger and Corvette Clubs as well as imports Hot Rods and Exotics.

I think Rat Rods because they're unique and one of a kind are better for my audience than Lambo's and Ferraris. I did the best I could with what I was working with.

Last edited:

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I normally shoot Hot Rod cruising shows. They've all cancelled this year in SoCal. I saw some short clips from this show (on ista and fb) and it looked like Hot Rods and Musclecars. When I arrived, I discovered it was everybody there. Late model Mustang, Camaro, Challenger and Corvette Clubs as well as imports Hot Rods and Exotics.

I think Rat Rods because they're unique and one of a kind are better for my audience than Lambo's and Ferraris. I did the best I could with what I was working with.
I took my son there about a year ago because he was into the hyper cars. It was really cool how diverse it was. If it has a motor and can drive, it was there.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Great video, Jerry, thanks for posting it. Did you bring your Chevelle?
Where is that, what day and what time?
Thanks,
Dave

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Great video, Jerry, thanks for posting it. Did you bring your Chevelle?
Where is that, what day and what time?
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave and thanks! The Chevelle is getting a new Heartbeat soon, but still all apart.

101 W Avenida Vista Hermosa San Clemente, Ca.

Time: every Saturday morning from 9:00 am til 11:00am and they start letting the cars in after 8:30 but not before.

Your Ferrari will fit in perfectly there. :cool:

SOCCAC.png

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Thanks for posting up we head down at least once a month. The diversity of cars is pretty bitchin. Something for everyone and always a laid back vibe. Be cool to see some RDP’ers cars. PM me if anyone hits it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Go about once or twice a month.

Also go to the one that’s a little bit less know , in Crystal Cove in Newport Coast.

Way more laid back, not close to as big and a good diverse group as well.

Both are fun

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score

Also go to the one that’s a little bit less know , in Crystal Cove in Newport Coast.

Both are fun

Message me the when and exactly where if you can. Thanks!

sirbob

Reaction score

Both are fun

Thats where it all started before they kicked them out years ago - I didn't realize they were letting them come back??? Is this in the Javiers parking lot again?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
My son and I went this morning and it was packed. Again very diverse group, which I think is awesome. It was a Beautiful day to be outside looking at cool cars, trucks motorcycles, even a fire truck was on display.
I really dig this C10.
2340E6D7-1F46-410F-9958-43CBBCCDBE6C.jpeg

I only took this one pic. My boy took a bunch and I’ll have him send them to me and I’ll post some.

sirbob

Reaction score
I almost went today - I went to leave the house in my old Range Rover classic and my son had parked his car in front of the garage and I couldn't get out. I ended up making coffee at home today.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I almost went today - I went to leave the house in my old Range Rover classic and my son had parked his car in front of the garage and I couldn't get out. I ended up making coffee at home today.
Too bad, it was a good turn out. Like I said it was packed. That whole south parking area in front and to the side of Ruby’s was just about full.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Where is this, San Clemente outlets? How often do they do this?
Yes, at the SC outlets, every Saturday 9-11am. They park down in front of Ruby’s. Most spectators park in the north side by Blaze pizza and walk over.

RodnJen

Reaction score
A buddy went two weeks ago with a group of CTSVs, said it was packed. I haven’t been in a while, need to get back.

Redracer1090

Reaction score
We go to the Big one in Dunwoody,Georgia,,,,, Caffeine and Octane ...... insane cars......same low key vib... as seen on TV......

Last edited:

satellitemike

Reaction score
Just checked the website, I dont see any COVID bullshit cancellations for tomorrow.
I am planning on going, anyone else?

Wayn-o

Reaction score
saw a live IG story today and tomorrow is on still.

sirbob

Reaction score
Just checked the website, I dont see any COVID bullshit cancellations for tomorrow.
I am planning on going, anyone else?

Our local paper called it out in the something to do section yesterday - no mask requirement / although the city says we recommend it. No one before 8:30 - go slow coming and going - have a nice time. 500-1000 cars each week.

I love our city council.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
We should do an RDP day and go down to this?

I’m down and need to excersize the girls. So a morning hanging out sounds great.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Per Facebook, it looks like tomorrow will be the last one for a while. They are doing the Toys for Marines as well, which is cool. $15 unwrapped gift

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the people at all of the exits with radios taking down license numbers of people that leave "in a hurry" out of the lot?