WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Car stollen from Discount Tire in Havasu!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Be on the lookout for this vehicle. My clients car was stolen a couple hours ago by a guy in a purple shirt while my client was inside filling out paperwork to get tire serviced. AZ plate ASG4626
Car has a tire leaking air and only a couple gallons of fuel. Call Havasu PD if sported!

0A6BFFB0-8A92-46D5-957E-6F5B1A5DCC5C.png

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
That's crazy and hope they find it. Heard a few weeks ago that someone here went to the dealer to pick up there Vette from being serviced. The daler valet brought the car upa nd a scumbag thief got in and drove off. Apparently, this scumbag thief was just released from the Santa Clarita jail for car theift and walked across the street from the sheriff station and stole another car.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Those of us from So Cal learned to NOT leave keys in a vehicle under any circumstances.

The only time I'd leave my keys in my car was when I was at the river...

Times they are a chang'n. ☹️

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
There is always hope. I had my truck stolen twice in a couple of months time and managed to recover both times. I also had my Mustang stolen and recovered but all I got back on that one was the body shell.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
No lot cameras? Not that it would add much but you. ever know.

Apparently Discount Tire doesn’t have cameras. Wondering if this deal could have been planned as he did have an appointment?

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Hard to believe this happened. The way discount does services is you are always with your car. A employee never touches the inside of the car. I went last week I had to drive my truck into the bay and out. I had the keys the whole time.

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
Someone on RWhips saw it west bound on 40, we were already out looking so off we went, just passed 5 mile road it was sitting on the side of the road, I pulled up in front of it, guy gets out with a gas can, I say hey you need me to go get you gas, I even got his last $15 - took the gas can drive 1/2 mile down 40 so I could see it in my mirror, we called 911 and now my buddy Bobby has his car back!! I Hate Thieves!!!!

CobraDave

Reaction score
Someone on RWhips saw it west bound on 40, we were already out looking so off we went, just passed 5 mile road it was sitting on the side of the road, I pulled up in front of it, guy gets out with a gas can, I say hey you need me to go get you gas, I even got his last $15 - took the gas can drive 1/2 mile down 40 so I could see it in my mirror, we called 911 and now my buddy Bobby has his car back!! I Hate Thieves!!!!

That’s funny as hell. Good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thats some great work there... so knowing all this you spotted the car, pulled over and the thief handed you a gas can & $15 bucks so that you could go get him gas while he stayed back with the car? Have I got that right?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That's just pure awesomeness!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Looks like he was pulled over / caught in Ca , grand theft auto is barely a misdemeanor these days .

Yeah I was gonna say if in CA he’d probably just hitch a ride with the cops to Barstow, since it’s basically a ticket and they can’t leave him stranded...they’ll get sued.
Or just drop him at the closest tire store...

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Pretty Much, Yup!!! The best part too, when the Cop put him in Cuffs, he told the Cop some guy stole his last $15!!!!!! (We were with another CHP 1/2 mile down the road at that time)
Thats magic baby. You have a celebration coming your way.

4Waters

Reaction score
So you took his bail money 🤣🤣

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Props to all involved including Stacey for her initial report and particularly Hav19. Good work. What a damn shame the scum was caught in CA where GTA means so little these days. He's probably relaxing at home or out to dinner right now. Just went back and read he may not get out until Monday? Then he and the CA judge can go to lunch? The gas can? Perhaps a Good Samaritan saw him stranded and gave him the gas can? I really don't know and does it really matter? The puke was caught and somebody, Bobby (?), gets their car back.

Last edited:

Kbach

Reaction score

Long day of housework/yard work/working on the RV etc so Im tired and in a kinda shitty mood after dinner. Just cruising through RDP and read this. Freaking awesome!!!! Made my damn day and @hav19 you are a damn legend. That's how it's done!!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Pretty Much, Yup!!! The best part too, when the Cop put him in Cuffs, he told the Cop some guy stole his last $15!!!!!! (We were with another CHP 1/2 mile down the road at that time)

Can't trust anyone these days!

Glad the car is back, great story.

petie6464

Reaction score
These types of crimes are becoming more common as more California's move to LHC.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Have No Idea if it’s true, but the CHP told me, more then likely he will be charged in Both States / no matter what he will not be out before Monday Morning as he has to see a Judge!!!
Well... If he was arrested and charged in Cali it will be a cite and release from the jail. We have this awesome state government that thinks no cash bail, or zero bail, is a good thing. So much so that they are trying to get it passed permanently. So..... Hopefully he is charged in AZ. so he can at least sit in jail for a bit.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
LOL,The moron rolls thru 95/40 fuel pegged on E.At least he was going back CA.Next up for the moron was a flat tire somewhere between Needles & Ludlow. :)

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
So I think I got it.... the moral is when we go to get a leaky tire fixed we leave the keys in our 100K car and make sure we only have a couple gallons of fuel in the tank. Done... good to hear this ended as it did.... if not for fuel issue we might've seen one of those cool helicopter chases out on that desert freeway though ... and thats a great car to have it in. Just sayin fellas

[oopsy... forgot about flat tire issue]

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
That was F*king AWESOME smooth move !!!!!

Backlash

Reaction score
Great story and an awesome ending! CA sux. The senseless bail reduction program is a complete joke. Hearing reports now of many folks who are being contacted in the field who have outstanding arrest warrants. Outstanding misdemeanor arrest warrants for........

$1.00.

Brilliant fucking idea dipshits. 🙄🖕

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Sadly, unless his intention was to permanently deprive, he'll probably be charged with only a misdemeanor "Joy Ride".... not much a a deterrent to go straight. Crime Pays. lol