WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Quad riding in corona or near?

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Bought my son a quad this week. Was hoping to find somewhere close to ride, possibly in or near corona tomorrow morning. Any info would be greatly appreciated .thx

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'm not from around there but I would guess you may be able to squeeze an hour of riding in, in Galivan Hills, on top of the hill, Lake Mathews rd?, then head South. There's a section that was developed but no houses were built.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Beaumont if you want direct message me and will drop you a pin on the location

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm not from around there but I would guess you may be able to squeeze an hour of riding in, in Galivan Hills, on top of the hill, Lake Mathews rd?, then head South. There's a section that was developed but no houses were built.
I live in the other side of the lake from there.
He’d get about an hour before the Sheriff would be on him.
Maybe an hour and a half🤷‍♂️

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How old is he? Who will be riding with him?

Miller Canyon up by Lake Silverwood is where we would always ride local. Miles and miles of trails to explore.

There are easy fire roads and extremely challenging single track trails. A lot of the later have wood posts on either side, so the SxS's can't access them.

You could ride all the way to Big Bear if you're feeling ambitious.

You can find the trail maps online at the FS websites.

Have fun!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I live in the other side of the lake from there.
He’d get about an hour before the Sheriff would be on him.
Maybe an hour and a half🤷‍♂️
That's on my mind but a father spending time with his son having harmless fun on a new toy... Hopefully they'll just give him a warning. Maybe sport a Blue line sticker and an RDP sticker?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That's on my mind but a father spending time with his son having harmless fun on a new toy... Hopefully they'll just give him a warning. Maybe sport a Blue line sticker and an RDP sticker?
Wouldn’t hurt!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Closest legal area is Baldy Mesa where the 138 and 15 meet. Follow the dirt road that parallels the freeway as it goes north until it ends at the 2nd train bridge. Closest non legal is probably that area just a mile or two above the 60 a few miles east of the 15. If you want better directions let me know.

This is a video I made riding years ago with my quad friends at Baldy Mesa.

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
How old is he? Who will be riding with him?

Miller Canyon up by Lake Silverwood is where we would always ride local. Miles and miles of trails to explore.

There are easy fire roads and extremely challenging single track trails. A lot of the later have wood posts on either side, so the SxS's can't access them.

You could ride all the way to Big Bear if you're feeling ambitious.

You can find the trail maps online at the FS websites.

Have fun!
He’s 10 and I’ll be riding with him. He’s ridden a quad before but I also got a crf 80 that I think he may fit now, just need to teach him using a clutch

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Silverwood backside

That would be Miler Canyon. ;)

Unless you're talking about the staging area by the dam...

The trail that never ends (from there) is definitely not for beginners! The fire roads out there are all in full sun.

Miller Canyon is all in the shade. Big plus.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
He’s 10 and I’ll be riding with him. He’s ridden a quad before but I also got a crf 80 that I think he may fit now, just need to teach him using a clutch

So probably equal distance is the top of Ortega Highway. Full sun, but you have some cool breezes and killer views up there. That would be a nice father/son day.

👍

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
used to be a small place over in wildomar up against the ortegas

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Back by the bridge was just hunting there this morning get off on main grab some donuts take it all the back then go right just passed the main power lines

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
From Corona take the 15 towards Elsinore. Get off at Nichols and go left over the freeway. Follow Nichols until it turns to dirt and becomes El Toro Rd. Continue down El Toro for appx 1.5-2 miles. First you will cross a cement "dip" but no water in it this time of year. Another 1/4 to 1/2 mile the road will have gotten more curvey and you will pass a house on the left that sits down below road level. Looking left you will find one or two places you can make a 90 degree right turn. If you choose the correct one it is an easy drive back into a whole lot of riding for a beginner. If there are people shooting, the cops will come. If there is no one shooting, and you are quiet, you will probably be OK. Fire roads for days.
If you look at it on Google maps satellite view you can probably figure it out. Don't ride on El Toro, people are crazy. Weekdays will be way less busy. If you see people shooting you can probably keep driving past them but the riding will be more fire road and less wide flat valleys where you can watch kids from the truck and there is nothing for them to run into.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cor...d27c3eaac1eb3!2m2!1d-117.3310876!2d33.7313799

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I ride my quad all the time, hell im riding it now while on rdp drinking my morning coffee.
when we were kids we were taught that quads were couches.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Armstrong and Sierra. Just northeast of Sierra into Bloomington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Riverside county takes green sticker money has no legal riding areas.