WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sandpoint, Idaho (Any RDP member’s live there?)

sdpm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Was wondering if anyone here lives in Sandpoint, Idaho or nearby? Would like to chat. Thanks 😊

2Driver

Reaction score
Not sure what you want but, we stayed there for a week last year at this home. Awesome place. They pretty much roll up the lake in September and put it back out in April. Beautiful place and great people.

56AA62BD-1FF0-4268-A6BB-EB254644235B.jpeg

sdpm

Reaction score
Wow that’s a beautiful place! Actually we are looking at some properties there and was hoping someone was there that could do a drive by and snap a few pictures for us. We were just there a few weeks ago. Love it there. Thanks for your reply.👍

Water Romper

Reaction score
Live in Boise (moved from So Cal 3 years ago) ...Boise is many hours from Sandpoint. I hear that part of the state is very beautiful.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
35 mph speed limit on the lakes... was there anything else you needed to know? 🤣

Water Romper

Reaction score
35mph?? opps, I was well over that at Lucky Peak or is the 35mph limit on the lake at Sandpoint?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
35mph?? opps, I was well over that at Lucky Peak or is the 35mph limit on the lake at Sandpoint?

I’m not totally sure around there. Most lakes in Idaho are 35mph. I can’t say for sure about that specific lake.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I don't think luck peak is a 35 mph lake..

MeCasa16

Reaction score
F69EC868-8BA1-4AB4-89E2-AA65651DB253.png
AF44A439-ACBA-4A59-8248-CBDC223B267B.png

Looks like all the good places to boat there have similar rules. 50 mph during the day. 35 mph on the rivers.

Reaction score
are you sure you want to live there, this is the temp right Now...

Cloudy · 37°F
1:22 PM

boatpi

Reaction score
A lot of retired police officers I can tell you that

sdpm

Reaction score
Summer’s here and winters in Havasu. I guess we will be snow birds!😆

sdpm

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, we were there a few weeks ago and we had a fire in the fireplace in the evenings and mornings. It was really relaxing. As far as speed limits on the lakes up there, I’m ok with that also. I done the fast thing on the water for along time. I’m ok with slowing down.😉

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

I believe all ID lakes carry a speed limit of 50mph. There are some other situations that lower that even more, and some lakes/rivers carry a lower maximum limit as well.

Tank

Reaction score
My family has had property in sand point, Hope Actually, for 40 years. Grew up on the lake most every summer. It’s one of the most beautiful lakes I’ve ever seen, maybe the most beautiful. Crystal clear water too. It’s only warm / hot up there for 2 months and then it’s cool and straight freezing in the winter. Awesome area. There’s a couple DCB’s and an eliminator I believe as well
As a guy that has a Summer house there who has a cigarette gladiator. There’s “speed limits” on the lake but they’re not enforced unless you’re being an idiot. I was actually talking with a couple guys from up that way and they want to organize a poker run on pend orielle in the near future. We plan on towing the cig up there maybe next summer if I can figure it out logistically.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
We were in Sandpoint all last week and spent a lot of time touring all of Coeur d' Alene and Sandpoint and bought 2 lots at The Idaho Club in Sandpoint and plan to start building a retirement home there soon. We have been searching all over the US for our retirement destination and Sandpoint/Lake Pend was it for us. My father lives in Sisters OR and that was a close second but Sandpoint had more to offer in my opinion. We also took a hard look at Martis Camp near Truckee but in the end was too expensive and in Calif which we really want out of Calif and to move into a more tax friendly state for retirement.

IMHO, The Idaho Club has so much to offer and anyone that is interested in Northern Idaho should check it out, there are only approx 60 lots left of 300 in that community, centered around a Nicklaus signature course and they are breaking ground on a private lakefront marina/ club house with private docks for members. I believe this community could be the next Martis Camp type of development. It provides a gated/ private community with secluded lots on acreage with tremendous views of lake Pend and Schwitzer mountain. You are welcome to PM me and I will give you some contacts there.

I too would like to talk to anyone that has a home/experience in that area to pick their brain and if anyone has some references on a design build contractor that would be great!

Relative to the 50 MPH speed limit that is true, that said, this is a huge lake with plenty of remote open water to run a boat without concern for a speed limit....

fmo24

Reaction score
@LhcBrad is a realtor up there. I think there is another guy that’s a realtor as well but don’t recall his screen name

sdpm

Reaction score
We were in Sandpoint all last week and spent a lot of time touring all of Coeur d' Alene and Sandpoint and bought 2 lots at The Idaho Club in Sandpoint and plan to start building a retirement home there soon. We have been searching all over the US for our retirement destination and Sandpoint/Lake Pend was it for us. My father lives in Sisters OR and that was a close second but Sandpoint had more to offer in my opinion. We also took a hard look at Martis Camp near Truckee but in the end was too expensive and in Calif which we really want out of Calif and to move into a more tax friendly state for retirement.

IMHO, The Idaho Club has so much to offer and anyone that is interested in Northern Idaho should check it out, there are only approx 60 lots left of 300 in that community, centered around a Nicklaus signature course and they are breaking ground on a private lakefront marina/ club house with private docks for members. I believe this community could be the next Martis Camp type of development. It provides a gated/ private community with secluded lots on acreage with tremendous views of lake Pend and Schwitzer mountain. You are welcome to PM me and I will give you some contacts there.

I too would like to talk to anyone that has a home/experience in that area to pick their brain and if anyone has some references on a design build contractor that would be great!

Relative to the 50 MPH speed limit that is true, that said, this is a huge lake with plenty of remote open water to run a boat without concern for a speed limit....

That's great. This is where we are looking as well. We might be neighbors soon!

chadzilla

Legend Performance Marine
Reaction score
Lake Pend Orreille is amazing as are all of the lakes in the pacific northwest! Sandpoint is a beautiful little town! We moved up here from so cal in 09 and have not regretted it at all. We currently live in Spokane and our business, Legend Performance Marine, is in Liberty Lake. The performance boat scene is growing rapidly up here due to all the people moving out of california. The lakes due have speed limits but if you are reasonable and refrain from getting on it in the busy parts of the lakes, you wont get bothered. We are definetly trying to put on a poker run next year on Lake Pend Oreille. Any of you RDP'ers make your way up here with your boats next year, let me know and we will get together. I can help you out with where to go, launching, places to stay etc.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
That's great. This is where we are looking as well. We might be neighbors soon!

Right on and it would be great to move into an area and have neighbors that share interests! Jeff Gove is the local PGA pro and realtor we worked with there, he is awesome!

Lots F18 and F19 are gone though.... they be ours. Below us placing the sold signs on the lot plots and a few of us onsite

s.
TIC 1.jpg
ITC 2.jpg
TIC 3.jpg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
BobbyV is the Idaho expert here.
Not sure why you would post this. I have never been to Idaho. My boss has a large ranch about a hour outside of Boise that he loves and will retire at. :)

sdpm

Reaction score
Right on and it would be great to move into an area and have neighbors that share interests! Jeff Gove is the local PGA pro and realtor we worked with there, he is awesome!

Lots F18 and F19 are gone though.... they be ours. Below us placing the sold signs on the lot plots and a few of us onsite

s. View attachment 933388 View attachment 933389 View attachment 933390
Yes Jeff was very nice to talk with. Looks like you bought on the other side of the highway. We are looking at 2 different lots 1 next to the river and the other on the lower Pack River Rd. We were there 3 weeks ago. Golf course looked awesome. Wanted to play but like always we just ran out of time!

RCDave

Reaction score

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Yes Jeff was very nice to talk with. Looks like you bought on the other side of the highway. We are looking at 2 different lots 1 next to the river and the other on the lower Pack River Rd. We were there 3 weeks ago. Golf course looked awesome. Wanted to play but like always we just ran out of time!

We did buy on the other side of the hwy, we really wanted a remote lot that had a lake view with room for a home and big garage. We are marrying both lots together to do that.

Not sure if you know it but membership to the golf club is included in the lot price, we did not learn of that until signing. Also the $10k sewer tap in is also included. Those were 2 nice bonuses we learned of.

goshen82

Reaction score
My grandparents have a place right one the water up there they are in sagle which is about 20 min from standpoint but still on lake pend oreille. I believe there is a speed limit but we have never had an issue he has a 21 Daytona and we run down the lake at 75 80 no issues. There is also a m35 that runs that lake most of the summer I have never seen him doing over a 100 but most of the time looks to be running faster then 50. We go up for a week every summer and ski and wakeboard it’s a beautiful lake. Good fishing on it as well.

goshen82

Reaction score
640D5E1C-6204-402B-8C71-F77DED14F9C0.jpeg

that’s the view from my grandparents deck. He has a marina in the bay his house is in so we drive a golf cart over to the boat when we want to go out. Still trying to talk him into putting a dock in lol

LhcBrad

Reaction score
@LhcBrad is a realtor up there. I think there is another guy that’s a realtor as well but don’t recall his screen name
Thank you FMO24 --- Yes I am a Realtor up here. I moved here about 4 years ago from California. The only thing I miss down there is the Ocean.
Yeah it snows and gets cold here but with what the Libs have done with California the fantastic weather was no longer worth it. In the Coeur D Alene area it is Trump land and they proudly display their Trump Flags on houses and vehicles. Our prices on houses have gone quite a bit due to people leaving other states.
Couds and water.jpg
flag.jpg
snow trail.jpg
flag 1.jpg

JFMFG

Reaction score
View attachment 933402
that’s the view from my grandparents deck. He has a marina in the bay his house is in so we drive a golf cart over to the boat when we want to go out. Still trying to talk him into putting a dock in lol
Good luck on the dick. George doesn’t want to see it beached when the water gets low in winter😂😂 bgoshen82 of Instagram everybody! Maybe you guys should send the f29 up there

Hoodoo

Reaction score

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
My parents live 20 minutes south of Sandpoint (Spirit Lake), so we spend a lot of time on both the lake and river. Gorgeous place. They boat from June-September. They get a little less snow than the other side of the range in Montana, but more rain.

As for the speed limit, I have never seen a cop out there. Not once. I'd guess they are on the water, but I don't know where. We usually don't even see other people. Our biggest concern is logs in the water.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
My parents live 20 minutes south of Sandpoint (Spirit Lake), so we spend a lot of time on both the lake and river. Gorgeous place. They boat from June-September. They get a little less snow than the other side of the range in Montana, but more rain.

As for the speed limit, I have never seen a cop out there. Not once. I'd guess they are on the water, but I don't know where. We usually don't even see other people. Our biggest concern is logs in the water.

Oh they’re out there. I got stopped for a noise check several years ago but haven’t had an issue over going fast. Less likely to draw attention on the lake vs the river.
I have a place not far from Spirit Lake. Was just through there yesterday.

Flat freak

Reaction score
I recently bought 5 acres in SandPoint. Beautiful property, well in ground, natural gas & electricity on site. On a county road so they keep it cleared. Only problem is building costs have doubled in the last year or so. I’m going to be on the sidelines for a little while to see what happens I think it’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen and can’t wait to get up there.
ECDC22D0-EAFB-4C6F-A895-9D92EC07EB17.png
3708E66C-BA9B-4826-8B20-EF2A3D1C802C.png

fast99

Reaction score
Wow, you would almost think Idaho was a Libtard state with all those rules! lol
It's kind of a general rule in N Idaho and Eastern Washington. Unless you're being really stupid Sheriff won't bother you.

oldschool

Reaction score
A good friend of my Dad’s used to have a steakhouse in Sandpoint called the Fireside(I think). SandPoint is bitchen.

Flat freak

Reaction score
I took these two photos June 15. About 5 miles west of SandPoint I was standing at a ramp & took a photo in each direction. The water was perfect and Two or three boats as far as I could see. Those Hillbillies will soon know what a blown, zoomied 500ici. Flat sounds like.
0BD9A06F-2C37-453A-BF3B-2917B2C7286C.png
E53E9508-5430-474B-A695-4AB8F69B4369.png
655D28EB-B874-4588-8A88-BA24FBC8FF81.jpeg

Hoodoo

Reaction score
That looks like Laclede. I’m across the river and west a half mile. Straight across from the rock. Stop by sometime. There was another flat on the river last summer unless it was you?

Attachments

• 9695A237-9E8E-4916-9BBA-9CA1AB9ED295.jpeg
    9695A237-9E8E-4916-9BBA-9CA1AB9ED295.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Wow, you would almost think Idaho was a Libtard state with all those rules! lol
It's just a different culture. There is not a "look at me!" "look what I have!" mentality. So there isn't a west coast performance boat culture up there (though it is changing as more Californians move there, hence the hate against Californians, whether you vote red or not). They don't appreciate the noise and going fast like the average SoCal/Vegas people. I would argue it is because they are more conservative than it is because of liberalism.

Last edited:

fast99

Reaction score
Lake Pend Oreille, Priest and Coeur-d-Alene are large lakes. In this area the only other large body of water is Rosevelt. Lots of smaller lakes that's probably where the 50mph came from.

Get to know the weather here. During the summer, afternoon thunderstorms are common, especially early summer. These lakes should not be under- estimated. They can get quite sporty. Pend Oreille is over 800' deep. Anything that sinks will never be seen again.

Tank

Reaction score
We’ve been talking recently about what to do with our land up there. About a mile up trestle creek on pend orielle. Just trying to figure out, do we Drop a cabin in and use it more or sell and invest the money into something that will give a better return. We don’t get up there as much as we’d like too and With the growth and building in the area the land is going up in value. I guess no immediate plans for now. Other things in the works but eventually we’ll figure out what to do. Trying to get up there this summer. Have a couple weeks scarves out in august, we’ll see.

Like I said, grew up going there in the summers. Stunningly beautiful place. Absolutely love it up there. Could never do the winter ls though. EVER. it’s legit l winter. No joke shit.

3178265F-11C2-4C03-91B8-59CDF13B6234.jpeg
86FE1734-1EE3-4A6B-9660-4F373A3CF5A8.jpeg
F181078D-DF12-4C88-82D6-31961F4B7853.jpeg
59B2F5EC-D285-4E09-9A5B-697C6DA57089.jpeg
FF0F8CCF-868E-4787-AB8E-AD9112FDA0A2.jpeg
10566CDD-AC8F-4B8A-8BF2-B6503D3518DA.jpeg
DEAB594B-DF83-4C27-B01F-E9E43EA133E2.jpeg
The Pic of the suburban is the entrance to our land. Once you get past the foliage to the front it opens up to this beautiful canopied mossy Forrest. Then there’s a creek that runs through the back. I always envision a cabin built in and around the existing Forrest to keep as much canopy as possible and then a deck that goes out towards the creek. My dad and son standing next to the creek and couple pics of us down on the at a place we rented in hope.