WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Dodge hookup? Need a new Cummins.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Son just got out of the Marines and he wants to get a new 2500 Cummins. Is there a RDP guy?

I’ve heard Huntington Beach Dodge is the place to go for trucks.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Got my 3500 from Huntington Beach, bought a 17’when the 18s just came out. Stupid crazy deal. It was on par with Dave Smith and I didn’t have to make the drive.

I don’t know anyone at the dealership and just picked the truck out online and showed up and told them I’d take it. They had to get it from their remote lot, but no tricks or games or whatever.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Got my 3500 from Huntington Beach, bought a 17’when the 18s just came out. Stupid crazy deal. It was on par with Dave Smith and I didn’t have to make the drive.

I don’t know anyone at the dealership and just picked the truck out online and showed up and told them I’d take it. They had to get it from their remote lot, but no tricks or games or whatever.

They honored the on line price? Other dealers say they won’t honor that price when you get there, which really isn’t legal, most likely the others trying to work around it.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
They honored the on line price? Other dealers say they won’t honor that price when you get there, which really isn’t legal, most likely the others trying to work around it.

Yeah they don’t work like that. Thats honestly what I was expecting... the whole “oh we sold that but look over here” thing.
I’ve referred a few people there and they’ve all had the same experience. But

I’ve also heard about people not happy with them too though....

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Wish my pal Ryan Frahm still had his dealership in Norco. I would have sent you to him. But they sold it to Browning 6 or 7 years ago.

DaBank

Reaction score
You have to read their ads, there is usually a couple grand in rebates that most people dont quality for.
That is what great with Dennis Dillion in Idaho they list 2 prices one everyone qualifies for and one with extra rebates. I know so many people that have bought there. Funny thing is a friend just went there and when he showed up the dealer went over the rebates one more time and he qualified for $500 more off being a contractor and recieved 2 or 3 free service also included in the rebate and $500 more for pass military.

Ol Man

Reaction score
Go to Idaho, Dave Smith in Kellogg

Plus you can drive a few more miles east and visit the old town of Wallace. A pretty neat place. Reasonable food choices, antique stores, museums and generally a neat place to walk around. Would also recommend the bus tour of the town and stop at the mine tour. If you have another day to spend, continue on east up the mountain and rent a bike at the ski resort and ride the Hiawatha trail. Used to be a rail road bed, so it is a nice gentle ride down the mountain and fantastic scenery. You meet a bus and they take you and the bike back.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

Hey Walt, if your son doesn’t need the test drive and dealer experience, my friend owns a brokerage and can shop the deal for you, no fees. Also, in regards to rebates, there usually is 500 or so for military, did your son get married as well to someone active? If so, even when he is not active himself he can get the dependent card if his wife is still active and that qualifies for the rebate. Also keep in mind credit union rates he qualified for his service. Let me know if I can help with anything.

ssc

Reaction score
Walt,
I have bought my son two car there. Each time I look for the car in their add and call with the stock number. I talk to the salesman. I think his name was Adam. I have them email me the price and tell them what time I'll be there. The car is waiting when we arrive. I tried to buy a challenger from two other dealer's who played games. I decided to take a chance on HB, but I did not think it would be any different. I was not only surprised, but stunned. In addition to me telling them about a special rebate from USAA, which they honored, $1,000, I also mentioned my son had recently graduated from college. The sales guy said to bring his diploma and we got another $500 off their incredibly discounted price.

My son managed to total it within three months. (that's another story.) The insurance company covered it and we got $4,000 more than what I paid, OTD for it. I mentioned that to the adjuster, but they use their figures. I got him another challenger from HB with the same basic deal. I am a fan and have recommended them to other people who have had similar experiences. As an aside, thanks for the help with the health ins.

Cheers, Steve

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bought a 3500 from Huntington Beach about 6 months ago and had a great experience. You still need to read the contract and verify everything is as agreed verbally, but I would go back. Their deals do change pending on inventory and the time of the month. I kept an eye on the truck I wanted and when it was the price I wanted, I went over there, grabbed a salesperson and started the negotiations.

If your looking for customer service go somewhere else and pay the price, if your price motivated, go to Idaho or HB.

shock22

Reaction score
Dave Smith sucks asked for pricing on an 2500 Dodge I wante, they
I bought a 3500 from Huntington Beach about 6 months ago and had a great experience. You still need to read the contract and verify everything is as agreed verbally, but I would go back. Their deals do change pending on inventory and the time of the month. I kept an eye on the truck I wanted and when it was the price I wanted, I went over there, grabbed a salesperson and started the negotiations.

If your looking for customer service go somewhere else and pay the price, if your price motivated, go to Idaho or HB.

sent me an email saying to call them to make sure that was the truck I wanted and needed, told them after 40 years of owning trucks I know what I want. Then they said it was about making sure I could finance it what???

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I had a real shitty experience at HB Fiat. They changed the deal in the finance dept. and I walked. Ended up on a plane to Spokane, picked up , and landed at Dave Smith, Kellogg ID. They weren't perfect but the deal stuck. No games there and I enjoyed the drive and seeing friends in Utah on the way back. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and the $60k fucker is sitting in my driveway with a fucked up trans and So Cal dealers are busy. :mad::mad::mad:

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have bought 4 vehicles from Dave Smith in the last 2 years 2019 Challenger, 2019 Ram 2500 4x, quad cab, long bed 6.4 Hemi, 2020 Ram 2500 4x, standard cab, long bed 6.4 Hemi and will be heading up this Friday to pick up my new Ram 5500 Dump truck, 4x.
Always treat me right and the deal is done when I get there, so its just a matter of getting the keys and driving back to So. Cal. with a few added stops to visit family.

bocco

Reaction score
Looked at Dave Smith's website. No prices on the web site. They all say too low to show.

Icky

Reaction score
I had a real shitty experience at HB Fiat. They changed the deal in the finance dept. and I walked. Ended up on a plane to Spokane, picked up , and landed at Dave Smith, Kellogg ID. They weren't perfect but the deal stuck. No games there and I enjoyed the drive and seeing friends in Utah on the way back. Fast forward 1 1/2 years and the $60k fucker is sitting in my driveway with a fucked up trans and So Cal dealers are busy. :mad::mad::mad:
Have you tried moss in San Bernardino?

Sherpa

Reaction score
Bought my 3500 from dave smith motors. Like most dealerships they push their financing hard.

Fly into Spokane, shuttle to Kellogg, sign and drive home.

I wish I had more time to pick over my truck prior to being able to drive it home though. It was dark by the time I got my keys

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I have bought 4 vehicles from Dave Smith in the last 2 years 2019 Challenger, 2019 Ram 2500 4x, quad cab, long bed 6.4 Hemi, 2020 Ram 2500 4x, standard cab, long bed 6.4 Hemi and will be heading up this Friday to pick up my new Ram 5500 Dump truck, 4x.
Always treat me right and the deal is done when I get there, so its just a matter of getting the keys and driving back to So. Cal. with a few added stops to visit family.

I'd do it again. Possibly a Durango R/T in a year or so. I had to sit through the finance bullshit and everything was supposed to have been sign ready. It wasn't, thats why I was a bit negative.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Have you tried moss in San Bernardino?

I'll call them on Monday. I'm going to let Auto Club take it so I don't care where it goes just as long as it doesn't sit. Put that premier towing upgrade to work.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Dave Smith sucks asked for pricing on an 2500 Dodge I wante, they

sent me an email saying to call them to make sure that was the truck I wanted and needed, told them after 40 years of owning trucks I know what I want. Then they said it was about making sure I could finance it what???

If you require good customer service, I recommend going elsewhere. If you want a fast deal at invoice or less and don't need the fluff, then HB Ram is a good option.

gqchris

Reaction score
Just an FYI, My buddy has been out of commission due to his whole fuel system taking a shit at 5k miles on his 2020 due to the CP4 Fuel Pump problems. He has been without a truck for 2+ months and no fix in sight. He says that there are 10 trucks at HB Dodge with same failure.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Just an FYI, My buddy has been out of commission due to his whole fuel system taking a shit at 5k miles on his 2020 due to the CP4 Fuel Pump problems. He has been without a truck for 2+ months and no fix in sight. He says that there are 10 trucks at HB Dodge with same failure.

Good to know!