WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alexis on fire in Dallas.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Wow! Last race she blew the car apart with a boomer.
Today she wins rd 1 but kicks a rod at the line and catches on fire...like for real.
Haven’t seen a fire like this in a long time.
She got the hatch open and rode the roof until it stopped. The smoke was incredible.
Finally she literally jumped and the Safety Safari guy caught her mid air and carried her a good 8’ away before putting her down.

55890D01-17ED-4B1C-865A-AB181F6757CA.jpeg
B0D088B8-003E-429B-8DD8-8A9513E11AAA.jpeg
A653CE4C-AB3A-4132-A3E4-C24322EDFA35.jpeg
8167451E-541C-44EF-8117-DC2588BDA8A5.jpeg
7522207A-7D94-471F-AB2D-C1681E72D68F.jpeg
FF6BF529-2C5C-424C-A5D7-E9315FF91B83.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The second to last pic you can see her jumping and the guy is behind that pole with his arms out, you can just see his yellow sleeve.
That last pic you can see her feet still off the ground as he carried her away. That dude is a bad ass!

She said all she saw was yellow arms outstretched so she did a “dirty dancing move” and swan dived into them!

Car burned to the ground. Had to be hot as all f**k.

Last edited:

TOBTEK

Reaction score
That’s impossible...... I hear everyday “Toyota’s don’t break down”

Hope everyone’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stingray11

Reaction score
That’s impossible...... I hear everyday “Toyota’s don’t break down”

Hope everyone’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, I doubt there's even a single Toyota part on that car. I know you were just kidding but sounded funny

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Watching that fire, and trying to figure the black smoke...I wonder if the carbon fiber bodies burn like that, or did the tires burn that fast?

Hat's off to the driver, and the Safety Safari fire walker. A new car will be ready to qualify next show, and the driver ready to pilot...drivers are hard to replace, parts is parts.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Watching that fire, and trying to figure the black smoke...I wonder if the carbon fiber bodies burn like that, or did the tires burn that fast?

Hat's off to the driver, and the Safety Safari fire walker. A new car will be ready to qualify next show, and the driver ready to pilot...drivers are hard to replace, parts is parts.

She made the very next round in her back up car...
Blew the tires at the hit, but made the call.

I think the black smoke started as oil based , the entire car was bathed in oil inside and out. Then developed as a carbon/ resin fire.
It was brutal.

She said she was trying to push the brake handle with her foot while riding on the roof. Full blown stud woman that one.

petie6464

Reaction score
"Throw it in the gutter, daddy buy me another"

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
25 years ago...maybe? I remember being in awe of Force's team at Pomona. In quarters, Cruz sneezed the blower at the win light. Split both the body and block. Next pass, Force got into some issues as well.
Next round, Force and Cruz were both staged and ready.
Cubic dollars, and crews that were ready to rock. That was when JFR would roll in with 4 semis for 3 cars. Trailer #4 was like a racer's dream. Spare everything, and small "machining" bay...in case it needed doing.

Don't know what it's like these days. Seeing pics of the induction systems and clutch cans, makes me feel like a Model T mechanic looking at a Tesla...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
25 years ago...maybe? I remember being in awe of Force's team at Pomona. In quarters, Cruz sneezed the blower at the win light. Split both the body and block. Next pass, Force got into some issues as well.
Cubic dollars, and crews that were ready to rock. That was when JFR would roll in with 4 semis for 3 cars. Trailer #4 was like a racer's dream. Spare everything, and small "machining" bay...in case it needed doing.

Don't know what it's like these days. Seeing pics of the induction systems and clutch cans, makes me feel like a Model T mechanic looking at a Tesla...

Today Force takes up an entire row.
Each car has 2 transports and the sponsor lounge. They have the big “shop” in the middle.
It’s 2 semis hooked together like a double wide. That’s for major stuff as each transport setup is fully equipped to deal with pretty much anything thrown at them.
So counting everything his set up with 4 cars (Hight, John, Britt, Prock) is about 12-15 trailers last time I counted? Maybe less.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I sure hope their recent bad luck is really just bad luck. Otherwise, they've got a big time gremlin living in that thing and they need to get a handle on it quickly.

And any one that bags on Alexis is ridiculous. Sure she's playing with daddy's money, but given the chance, we all would. I wish my daddy was bucks up and would buy me a Funny Car operation. But Alexis isn't just a rich guys daughter, she can drive a race car and she continues to jump back into the drivers seat time and again after catastrophic incidents.

Do any of you remember her crash at E-Town in the Alcohol Funny Car:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I sure hope their recent bad luck is really just bad luck. Otherwise, they've got a big time gremlin living in that thing and they need to get a handle on it quickly.

And any one that bags on Alexis is ridiculous. Sure she's playing with daddy's money, but given the chance, we all would. I wish my daddy was bucks up and would buy me a Funny Car operation. But Alexis isn't just a rich guys daughter, she can drive a race car and she continues to jump back into the drivers seat time and again after catastrophic incidents.

Do any of you remember her crash at E-Town in the Alcohol Funny Car:

Absolutely.

Alexis put this deal together with Worshem.
Not sure how the funding works, but like every other one car team she works her ass off to get there.
Daddy didn’t buy her that indy trophy, or any other Wally. She is the real deal and it’s why she is a fan favorite.
She could be sitting on a yacht in the south of France sipping Patron while her unichs feed her caviar, like most other heiresses. But instead she wheels 12K HP funny cars and isn’t scared of massive explosions and balls of flames.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

I've been around and thru internal combustion engine now for about 60 plus years and walking thru the pits looking at those things leaves me scratching my head saying "WTF does that part do". If you're there on Fridays, the wife and I have had very good luck talking with team members and I get to ask "WTF does that part do"!!! Team Torrance are GREAT people!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I've been around and thru internal combustion engine now for about 60 plus years and walking thru the pits looking at those things leaves me scratching my head saying "WTF does that part do". If you're there on Fridays, the wife and I have had very good luck talking with team members and I get to ask "WTF does that part do"!!! Team Torrance are GREAT people!!!!

Yep, Saturday mornings when the gates open are the same way.
That’s when the pro stock guys will talk shit about each other! Lol
That’s also when I almost went fists with the Sarge.

Last edited:

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Wasthatguy, I agree with you TOTALLY. I watch every race, and until this year attend at least 2/yr. These drivers are real people after you meet them, and when that happened, I was terrified she wasn’t going to make it out alive. She’s the real deal - total package. It was a miracle she got out - no oxygen, no visual cues, heat beyond imagination, I think the NHRA dodged a bullet on that one. This is wha.t I mean when I tell people I define sports as something you could easily die doing, and I never want to see these types of accidents. As for the people that can’t deal with her families $$$$$, be greatful they like the sport - there’s only about 5-6 people holding this together, and she’s one of them!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Wasthatguy, I agree with you TOTALLY. I watch every race, and until this year attend at least 2/yr. These drivers are real people after you meet them, and when that happened, I was terrified she wasn’t going to make it out alive. She’s the real deal - total package. It was a miracle she got out - no oxygen, no visual cues, heat beyond imagination, I think the NHRA dodged a bullet on that one. This is wha.t I mean when I tell people I define sports as something you could easily die doing, and I never want to see these types of accidents. As for the people that can’t deal with her families $$$$$, be greatful they like the sport - there’s only about 5-6 people holding this together, and she’s one of them!!

I was yelling at the TV for that hatch to open.
I keep watching that guy run up to the car and catch her.
One of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.