WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you blast your music?

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
Right. Mid-October during the week can always be used to gauge how boating there is during the regular season.

Let’s see, for most of the boating season in Havasu you have...

- Assholes with loud music who will pull up right next to you on a beach and not care if it annoys you or not
- Sometimes hours to launch or retrieve your boat unless you pay extra somewhere to use a private ramp
- Better get your ass up bright and early if you want to find a decent beach or a beach at all, especially on a holiday weekend
- Hacked up rough water from the lake being too damn crowded
- Newbies constantly because Havasu is typically the default place to go when someone wants to get into the “river” lifestyle
- Concerns over people blasting music or doing other things that might be inappropriate for children you may have with you (family atmosphere is often totally gone)

I’ve got more, but yeah, Havasu is awesome.🙄 Change my mind.

What you described in October during the week that one would apparently need to take vacation days for exists all season where I go, so I’ll continue to not go to Havasu. You’re welcome! :)
I’m a boating guy, please explain where you go where there is no loud music, empty launch ramps, no rough water, no assholes. Ike I said I boo
Well north of Havasu. I’d elaborate, but I hate to advertise and contribute to the northward dirtbag migration we’re already seeing a little bit of. Let’s just say when I jump off the boat and pee, it eventually ends up where all the loud music is.
Thanks for sharing. Now I know why i don’t post very often, replying to you is a waste of time.

sonicss31

Reaction score
834B3CDD-8CC2-4D18-82D9-FBC83162F718.png
94B05E80-9F20-46D4-9C0E-708373702428.png

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I’m a boating guy, please explain where you go where there is no loud music, empty launch ramps, no rough water, no assholes. Ike I said I boo

Thanks for sharing. Now I know why i don’t post very often, replying to you is a waste of time.

A little touchy about your beloved Havasu, aren’t we? Maybe some buyer’s remorse about any money you’ve spent that enables you to go there?

If it’s your thing, enjoy it, bud. Don’t be mad when others have an opinion though. Everybody has one and generally they’re worth about as much as the paper they could be written on.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Been in Havasu for the past 3 weeks, boating Monday thru Thursday. No crowds, No loud music, perfect weather, warm water, & meeting great boating people. Try taking a few vacation days during the week. Thanks for not coming to this shithole.
Lies! All lies...:eek:

Justfishing

Reaction score
Need a directional ultrasonic device to play there game. Need to invent that or something that provides interference

checkrd past

Reaction score
Right. Mid-October during the week can always be used to gauge how boating there is during the regular season.

- Assholes with loud music who will pull up right next to you on a beach and not care if it annoys you or not
- Sometimes hours to launch or retrieve your boat unless you pay extra somewhere to use a private ramp
- Better get your ass up bright and early if you want to find a decent beach or a beach at all, especially on a holiday weekend
- Newbies constantly because Havasu is typically the default place to go when someone wants to get into the “river” lifestyle
- Concerns over people blasting music or doing other things that might be inappropriate for children you may have with you (family atmosphere is often totally gone)

What you described in October during the week that one would apparently need to take vacation days for exists all season where I go, so I’ll continue to not go to Havasu. You’re welcome! :)

I've been going to havasu since we bought our place there in 92 . You are absolutely right.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got the River Dave special Saturday night, sleeping good and I get woken up to the horrible bumping of rap music. I figured it was a neighbor so I looked at time, about 1am ok should stop soon, listened to it a little bit longer and decided to take a look what's going on. Look out on river and a boat is floating with loud ass bumping stereo, needless to say they call it echo lodge for a reason.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Its pervasive now ... even in our industrial complex every night latley the crew from a neighboring business gathers around a car of one of the employees , have a beer or two and blasts the boom boom filthy ass rap shit for an hour beforew they all leave ... does it hurt me ? no but it shakes my fukin walls and is annoying ............. So glad I live in the country love me some QUIET ;)

Last edited:

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
When it’s just the better half and I floating in a cove it’s turned up enough to hear it while floating in the water. Usually when it’s a big group of us in a cove floating with friends none of us will have a stereo on, usually. Now after a few drinks the wife wants music and it starts out mild and then it’s full on DJ mode with what we call “Shannan’s Rap Shit” 😂 She plays it loud & proud at this point. I don’t really mind, it just means she’s having a good time.

kristineramirez

Reaction score
I choose music programs in Duplex Play GO for entertainment

Last edited by a moderator:

76sanger

Reaction score
I love music as much as anybody, but I truly hate music at or I should say on the lake. I've been that way for as long as can remember. People now days dont even know what the sound of waves lapping up on the beach or onto the side of your boat sounds like.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I just scrolled past all the replies to drop my $.02.

#1. When in the open, I don't blast the crap I listen to out of respect . . . no one wants to hear that noise.
#2. When others do & I don't like their selection, I split.

I recently idled past a sandbar where 3-4 boats had set up for the day, families with kids, tents, BBQ, the whole run.
I was solo and had no intention of stopping, let alone hanging out. But what tripped me out was their selection in music.
I didn't recognize the genre of music . . . only way I could describe it was a slower death-metal meets-hellbilly acid something or another . . . weird, . . . sounded like someone was celebrating a slow death.
Cranked all the way up of course.
Wouldn't be my first choice for a relaxing day on the sandbar . . . but to each is own . . . maybe they were planning on sacrificing a live lamb at sunset or some shit. 🤷‍♂️

People are a trip.

counterpart7

Reaction score
Wife and I prefer to find our own beach/cove to hang out and typically the stereo is on, but just loud enough to hear and have some background noise. It’ll get turned up for a good song and she likes it loud when we’re cruising from place to place. Typically turn it off if we are in the channel/busy beach with other music playing already.

We did just go on a trip with a new group of friends and they love their shit loud. Beached in channel, stereo blasting and annoying the people next to us a little bit. I talked to the people around us and kind of apologized, nobody seemed that bothered but I felt bad. Not my thing. Not much profanity and it was better than the music a few boats down, just as loud.

I prefer to be able to talk and meet fellow boaters personally.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMO, if it's a small beach whomever is there first sets the precedent. If it's a large beach and they want to blast music they should keep their distance away. It's nothing more than common courtesy that many people don't have in this generation. Another factor may be idiots who after some drinks just don't give a shit. I'm sure we have a good number of those represented here in riverdave land. 🤪

With most of my stereos I wouldn’t care if it’s a large beach… or if you are in the next county.. if I say we are listening to spice girls and salt and peppa.. you are gonna be singing along “so tell me what ya want what you really really want.” Lol

And if I get a hankering for some da coe you are gonna be wondering why I never call you by your name

And if I wake up quick at about noon then you are gonna be wondering which whore gave EZ E aids..

And if you hear that music from a half a mile away you might be asking yourself if the real RiverDave just stood up..

But seriously.. I generally don’t bang my shit unless I’m out with my friends at night.. or some asshole shows up with a set of crapped out 6x9’s and I gotta listen to shit I don’t want to
Listen to at Just past distortion levels.

The next boat I am pricing out likely won’t have much for a stereo. It won’t be 100% up your alley, but you won’t kick it out of bed for eating crackers as it will likely have a down pedal.. lol

Whatever toon Stacy ends up with though the volume knob will end with “bleed”

Ironically enough the kicker boom toon may not be out of the cards depending on somethings in the near future.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Your opinion on havasu is 180 degrees dead wrong.. it depends on where ya go and what you are looking for..

I can show you what you described (although I have never seen hours on a launch line.. that’s your lake buddy not havasu).

And I can show you dead calm water and no noise at all on the Southside on a holiday weekend.

Talking down on something to make something else look better is a pretty feeble..

I have spent plenty of time on both. If you truly want what you described better sell that 43 and head an hour or two south.. because that’s one of the few places what you described truly exists.

RD

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
We just spent all day Father’s Day on a beach right next to three dunes and didn’t hear any music from other boats it was strange. I’m used to at least one boat blasting music but it never happened.

Reactions: DWC

Cdog

Reaction score
It happened to me once when I had the 29 shockwave. Wife and I packed up, fired up the boat and did a couple of donut laps with the drive up not on plane around the cove to turn it into a slosh soup then split. HAHA!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Your opinion on havasu is 180 degrees dead wrong.. it depends on where ya go and what you are looking for..

I can show you what you described (although I have never seen hours on a launch line.. that’s your lake buddy not havasu).

And I can show you dead calm water and no noise at all on the Southside on a holiday weekend.

Talking down on something to make something else look better is a pretty feeble..

I have spent plenty of time on both. If you truly want what you described better sell that 43 and head an hour or two south.. because that’s one of the few places what you described truly exists.

RD
My opinion of Havasu is based entirely on my own observations. An example is Father's Day 2021. Went out there with my in laws. Couldn't find many places to launch that wasn't an hour+ wait to launch or already full. Ended up going to the south end to some very steep launch ramp and had to park the truck and trailer quite a hike away from the dock.

When we were able to finally find an available beach, it was a rocky one and guess what? Wasn't long before some other group pulled up right next to us and started with the music. Everybody ending up a few feet away from each other because that's all the room there was. My in laws are older and have been going to Havasu for 30 years or more, so they know where the quiet spots are. None to be found.

Water was too hacked up all weekend for my father in law to do any skiing.

Someone posted a picture here a few days ago of a ton of vehicles at a launch ramp on Havasu. That seemed like a pretty good wait to me. The picture certainly wasn't of my lake. And you must be thinking of Katherine's when you make mention of that. We have a large basin that separates us from that shit show.

What is the similarity between Katherine's and Havasu? Both near fairly large cities with places people can stay. As Havasu grows, so do the crowds (and corresponding asshole segment of those crowds) on the water. Where I go doesn't have that and we are perfectly happy to keep it that way.

My in laws don't go out on weekends any more because they say it's too crowded and it's just not worth the hassle. Are they lying? You telling me it hasn't gotten progressively worse over the years?

Just the feeble facts as I've experienced them, Dave. Maybe we're more sensitive to these kinds of things than those who are used to it, but I go to the river to get away from crowds and the crap they bring with them. Havasu doesn't do that for me.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Cranking music just isn’t my thing. I don’t like it when I’m driving my boat, I want to be aware of what’s around me, the engine is what I want to hear. I usually hang out on the water, not in coves or beaches so I don’t have to deal with all the crap that passes for music nowadays that people try to blast over each other. I keep my music at a background level so I can carry on a conversation without yelling over the music and just chill out. If a cool song comes up I’ll turn it up a little, then when it’s over the music goes back down.

Yeah, I’m old.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is some food for thought……… lol

Picture the absolute loudest boat stereo you have ever heard at Lake Havasu? Are you picturing it in your mind?

I guarantee there are at least a 100 dudes in Miami with a stereo twice as loud! Lol

I heard a stereo so loud, while working the Miami Boat Show, that nobody could hear their vhf radios for a 2 mile radius. It was incredible! It’s the loudest I ever heard. The speaker cannons on top of his hardtop looked like moon rockets.

These type of boats are notorious for ruining others good time……. all over the Miami area.

• Wow

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Life is short, move on. If it's a total sausage fest that's the rule.
If there are hotties dancing I let it slide.
Kids these days hear lyrics we can't fathom.

I mean 2 Live Crew was huge when i was a kid, there aint much that's more ruthless than Pop That Pussy 🤣

ChrisV

Reaction score
I could care less what people bumps. I listen to everything so make sure it’s loud. I’m at the lake so im happy. Some of you guys be bitchin about everything.

hallett21

Reaction score
My opinion of Havasu is based entirely on my own observations. An example is Father's Day 2021. Went out there with my in laws. Couldn't find many places to launch that wasn't an hour+ wait to launch or already full. Ended up going to the south end to some very steep launch ramp and had to park the truck and trailer quite a hike away from the dock.

When we were able to finally find an available beach, it was a rocky one and guess what? Wasn't long before some other group pulled up right next to us and started with the music. Everybody ending up a few feet away from each other because that's all the room there was. My in laws are older and have been going to Havasu for 30 years or more, so they know where the quiet spots are. None to be found.

Someone posted a picture here a few days ago of a ton of vehicles at a launch ramp on Havasu. That seemed like a pretty good wait to me. The picture certainly wasn't of my lake. And you must be thinking of Katherine's when you make mention of that. We have a large basin that separates us from that shit show.

What is the similarity between Katherine's and Havasu? Both near fairly large cities with places people can stay. As Havasu grows, so do the crowds (and corresponding asshole segment of those crowds) on the water. Where I go doesn't have that and we are perfectly happy to keep it that way.

My in laws don't go out on weekends any more because they say it's too crowded and it's just not worth the hassle. Are they lying? You telling me it hasn't gotten progressively worse over the years?

Just the feeble facts as I've experienced them, Dave. Maybe we're more sensitive to these kinds of things than those who are used to it, but I go to the river to get away from crowds and the crap they bring with them. Havasu doesn't do that for me.
Our crew waterskis damn near every trip and there’s a bunch of great “unknown” spots to do it, even on a windy day. Granted water skiing behind a 43ft boat changes where you can go.

Lake Havasu is 70-80 miles long. At the age of 32 I’ve shown some “river legends” new places they never knew existed.

Finding a cove or beach to yourself on a holiday weekend is easy if you know where to look.

To most people Lake Havasu is the Channel to 3 Dunes. And it’s a big deal if you go to Pirates.

Off the top of my head I can name 4 coves that have islands you can ski around and get good water even during the Desert Storm poker run.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Our crew waterskis damn near every trip and there’s a bunch of great “unknown” spots to do it, even on a windy day. Granted water skiing behind a 43ft boat changes where you can go.

Lake Havasu is 70-80 miles long. At the age of 32 I’ve shown some “river legends” new places they never knew existed.

Finding a cove or beach to yourself on a holiday weekend is easy if you know where to look.

To most people Lake Havasu is the Channel to 3 Dunes. And it’s a big deal if you go to Pirates.

Off the top of my head I can name 4 coves that have islands you can ski around and get good water even during the Desert Storm poker run.
So true about people think there’s only the channel and three dunes. Everytime we go to havasu we launch at springs and drive to pirates. Some people think it’s so far. Really isn’t.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

We get it. You like it quiet enough to hear the koozie making contact with the boat from 50 yards so you can send in your enforcer.🤣

By all means you are 100% correct about Havasu. No need to ever go there.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So true about people think there’s only the channel and three dunes. Everytime we go to havasu we launch at springs and drive to pirates. Some people think it’s so far. Really isn’t.

There is only the Channel and 3 Dunes in Havasu. Stop with the lies.

hallett21

Reaction score
You came to go boating after all lol.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I rarely blast mine unless I'm alone. If I pull up on a beach and someone is playing their music I leave mine off. If there's nobody playing music I will turn mine on but not very loud

Ladsm

Reaction score
The stereo wars at Pirates and the Channel get stupid on weekends. I dont mind listening to a persons music but when they all play different tunes and try to drown the ohers out its just noise at that point and we are out.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
No other boats around, hell yes I'll crank it. Other people around, I'll have it just load enough to hear about 5ft away

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

All that I am Saying is it’s a lake.. you can find crowds or find seclusion. It’s what you want to do.

Picking out one of the busiest weekends of the year and saying that’s what it is.. we’ll it isn’t.

MR HARLEY

Reaction score
My stereo bangs on full blast if we are alone in a cove. Once folks start showing up I turn it down.

Most of the time I turn it off so I can listen to others bang their shit and I can save my batteries. 🙈😁

Its Havasu, play that bitchen stereo system as loud as you want.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
That’s exactly what we do, but head to Topock 66. That makes a nice day on the water.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
All that I am Saying is it’s a lake.. you can find crowds or find seclusion. It’s what you want to do.

Picking out one of the busiest weekends of the year and saying that’s what it is.. we’ll it isn’t.
Well, when the in-laws that have been going out there for 48 years (I asked them exactly how many) tell me that things have gotten so busy lately that they are typically unable to find a beach to themselves - an actual beach, not floating in some reed surrounded cove - after about 9AM even on off weekends I guess means they just don't know where to go? After 48 years? These people want nothing to do with crowds, so you'd think after that long they would know where to go for crowd-avoidance.

And then when I make the annual Father's Day trip with them (that is no longer on Father's Day weekend because they don't want to go out with the crowds then), I am reminded of all the things I mentioned being true...I guess I'm just not experiencing reality?

The three-year revival of this thread is well timed because I'm out here with the in laws now for that annual Father's Day trip...on their boat, not mine. Let's see if I'll be surprised about how easy we can get a beach later in the morning, how smooth the water is, and (if we get a beach) how many people didn't crowd in next to us and force us to listen to their shit music. Not thinking I'll be very surprised.

Havasu is useful for many things. Unfortunately for me, relaxing boating isn't one of them.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Just turn up some Mariachi for a few mins they’ll leave.

JFMFG

Reaction score
With most of my stereos I wouldn’t care if it’s a large beach… or if you are in the next county.. if I say we are listening to spice girls and salt and peppa.. you are gonna be singing along “so tell me what ya want what you really really want.” Lol

And if I get a hankering for some da coe you are gonna be wondering why I never call you by your name

And if I wake up quick at about noon then you are gonna be wondering which whore gave EZ E aids..

And if you hear that music from a half a mile away you might be asking yourself if the real RiverDave just stood up..

But seriously.. I generally don’t bang my shit unless I’m out with my friends at night.. or some asshole shows up with a set of crapped out 6x9’s and I gotta listen to shit I don’t want to
Listen to at Just past distortion levels.

The next boat I am pricing out likely won’t have much for a stereo. It won’t be 100% up your alley, but you won’t kick it out of bed for eating crackers as it will likely have a down pedal.. lol

Whatever toon Stacy ends up with though the volume knob will end with “bleed”

Ironically enough the kicker boom toon may not be out of the cards depending on somethings in the near future.

RD
Damn man always gotta kick me in the tip of the dick. Easy on my JL 6x9s 😂😂😂😂😂. Side note your boys at DekX killed it on my boat.