WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gelcoat repair for Eliminator

LSBanshee

Reaction score
Hey, first time posting here but have been around for a while. I have a 06 Eliminator 28 Daytona that I have had for about 5 years now, and it is needing some gelcoat repair. Have some scratches on the rear where it got up against the dock as well as on the side. I know there are a lot of places to go out west, but I am in Tennessee and the only places I am finding that do repair work is for fishing boats. I have contacted a few of them and they do not want to mess with it. Anyone know of a good place out this way or am I better off sending the boat out west to get it done. I posted a couple photos so you can get an idea of the colors. Thanks for the help, Jon
IMG-6945.JPG
IMG-1515.JPG

Singleton

Reaction score
I would ping some of the shops on Lake Cumberland and see if they have any recommendations

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Great looking boat, I have a 28 as well. What power in it? And thats a west coast gel coat scheme, I can see why the local shops are scared of it. I would plan a vacation in Lake Havasu and then leave it here for the work, numerous shops that can handle it here no problem.

Reactions: DWC

LSBanshee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick replies. It has the 625 Ilmors for power. I figured since it was a colorful boat with fading and pearls, that it would be more difficult to repair properly.

Icky

Reaction score
The orange to yellow blend in that boat is 7 layers to make it look like that. The burgundy to red blend is 5.
Your closest place would probably be someone in Havasu, if if you take it that far may as well take it to the big E.
Out of curiosity did you do that boat?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick replies. It has the 625 Ilmors for power. I figured since it was a colorful boat with fading and pearls, that it would be more difficult to repair properly.
Out of curiosity did you do that boat?
Nothing like showing up to the party to find the man that shot it to begin with. And with his recommendation to bring it to E that’s him saying he’s ready to make your repairs happen.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Nothing like showing up to the party to find the man that shot it to begin with. And with his recommendation to bring it to E that’s him saying he’s ready to make your repairs happen.
I actually don’t do repair, lol.
Many shops out this way could handle the job. Nordic, Saleen, Pats, etc in Havasu could do it.
I just don’t know of anyone back east. They are probably out there I just don’t know who?
There used to be a guy @Cooperider in the Midwest but haven’t seen him post here in years.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I actually don’t do repair, lol.
Many shops out this way could handle the job. Nordic, Saleen, Pats, etc in Havasu could do it.
I just don’t know of anyone back east. They are probably out there I just don’t know who?
There used to be a guy @Cooperider in the Midwest but haven’t seen him post here in years.

Did you shoot this one too?

IMG_4161.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSBanshee

Reaction score
Called Eliminator today, they are backed up until at least February. I imagine most places are backed up like this.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Hey, first time posting here but have been around for a while. I have a 06 Eliminator 28 Daytona that I have had for about 5 years now, and it is needing some gelcoat repair. Have some scratches on the rear where it got up against the dock as well as on the side. I know there are a lot of places to go out west, but I am in Tennessee and the only places I am finding that do repair work is for fishing boats. I have contacted a few of them and they do not want to mess with it. Anyone know of a good place out this way or am I better off sending the boat out west to get it done. I posted a couple photos so you can get an idea of the colors. Thanks for the help, Jon View attachment 935930 View attachment 935931
The only one that I can think of is Viking Boat & Fiberglass Repair in Smyrna, GA just north of Atlanta. They’ve done a couple Eliminators and other west coast boats, but not sure about all the fades on your boat. Check out the Facebook, they definitely do some good work.

convincor

Reaction score
The orange to yellow blend in that boat is 7 layers to make it look like that. The burgundy to red blend is 5.
Your closest place would probably be someone in Havasu, if if you take it that far may as well take it to the big E.

Can you explain the 7 layer process? I have done basic fades with two colors.

farmo83

Reaction score
So what is the issue with repairing fades ? My boat has tons of them and I'm constantly terrified if something happens to it it will be irrepairable.