WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3500mi WTF

AzMandella

Reaction score
So I was heading from Tucson to Lee's Ferry with a buddy of mine for a fishing trip last Thurs . We took my new Entegra Odyssey 25R that I bought in May 2020 . We were pulling the hills on the I17 about 20mi north of Black Canyon City in cruise control when all the sudden it dropped out and wouldn't go . Give it gas and nothing . We got over to the side and no matter what gear you put it in there was nothing . Called Integra road side service and initiated a claim and dispatched a tow truck . After sitting there for an hour we heard from the tow company and said it would be another 1-1/2 hr before they got there . Also told us we could not ride with the tow truck . Well shit we are in the middle of nowhere . And they were going to leave us on the side of the road . So I fired it back up and it wanted to go . So we jumped in , called the tow and cancelled it , and pulled the last couple miles to the top of the hill and started down to Camp Verde on the I17 and HW 260 . Well shortly after going down hill the tranny started acting up even worse . Would not change gears even manually and making all kinds of noise . I said fuck it I'll blow the shit out of it . So I shifted to neutral and coasted it into the Conneco . And parked and re initiated the tow . Nearest rental car we could find was in Prescott . So my buddy got an uber for a 50min ride to Prescott while I pulled all our gear and food out to load it when he got back and waited for the tow truck . Buddy got back and the only thing left to load was the cooler when the tow truck showed up . He loaded it and we took off for our fishing trip . 6hr trip turned into 12hr trip . But we still went fishing . Waiting to hear from ford today . I'm guessing with my luck I got a defective tranny . I know the engine and tranny combo in these have been used for 20 yrs and are tried and true . Oh Well fully warrantied . Even covers all costs incurred due to breakdown .
20201022_141001.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That drivetrain is pretty well proven and will be curious to hear what it was. I have the same package in mine and not a hiccup [emoji1696]

AzMandella

Reaction score
That drivetrain is pretty well proven and will be curious to hear what it was. I have the same package in mine and not a hiccup [emoji1696]
Yeah I know . I think it was bad from the get go . I was only getting 7mpg with it on the first 4 trips and the guy at ford said it should be closer to 9mpg . Think the damned thing was slipping from the beginning . At least me extended warranty pays for all costs of rental car hotel rooms etc .

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Bummer to hear. Hopefully the fish are biting!

AzMandella

Reaction score
Bummer to hear. Hopefully the fish are biting!
They were . Not as good as usual . Last Fri was first day of duck season and the hunters were running up and down the river like crazy . Never seen so many boats on the water there .

outboard_256

Reaction score
it was good that you still go to go on your fishing trip. Sucks you have to deal with these problems with a new coach.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I wanna tell you this,.. never pull grades in cruise controll...in crusie the computer stays in econo mode and causes radical down shifting and doesn't allow the fuel management ot enrichen for added HP,.. I learned this from a ford tech on a ride along while the coach was hooked to his lap top,... just taking it out of cruise the trans never down shifted and held the speed, then when it did it only dropped 1 gear... you could feel the added power in the pedal

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I had that same International flat bed. It would scare me to put that class C on the back of it.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I have never pulled a grade in crusie control, with the same set up. I baby the shit out of mine .
Break downs is my worst fear
We have 15 years of pulling boats and sand rails , with 70 k trouble free miles .

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I'll stick with my dodge. When I moved back to ky. Had 3k in the bed, probly another extra 3k in the boat. Ran cruise all the way in 6th gear. Never had to gear down, never had to drop out of cruise control.

03 dodge 3500 6speed manual. Boat ,trailer and stuff in boat was probably 14 to 16k. Then another 3k in the bed of the truck and inside cab.

Only slowed down for traffic and fuel.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
My 2006 Ford F350 went into limp mode pulling a grade with my 5th wheel, trans downshifted hard, engine came on,
Scared the hell out me. Pulled over, turned it off, let it sit for a few minute, fired it back up, light turned off, back on the road..
Lesson learned.