WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Moved to The Woodlands, Texas in February from Simi Valley, CA. I will start by saying it was the BEST move ever. Only downside is we don't know anyone here so we have had zero adult time. Well mom came to visit on Wednesday which gave me and the wife a chance for a quick overnighter. Decided it would be a great opportunity to hit up Margaritaville Resort on Lake Conroe. Lake Conroe is a pretty expansive lake about 30 minutes north of us and about an hour and half north of Houston. The lake has a few resorts, a few marinas and many different types of lakeside properties from townhouses, nice single family residences including some baller pads. All types of boating and boats exist here; fishing, watersports, houseboats and even some high performance.

Margaritaville Resort took over another resort and went through a couple year transformation. It offers a tower hotel with nicely appointed rooms and about 20 lakeside bungalows. It has a few bars, 3 restaurants, golf course, 3 pools, lazy river, giant splash park and waterslides. All island themed of course. It also has plenty of rental pontoons, runabouts, kayaks, paddleboards etc. The resort is pretty much self-contained and you will not need to leave for anything. Considering it was the night before Halloween and end of October it was very quiet but I imagine it goes OFF in summertime. Even given the time of year, there was a ton of activites, live bands and music pumping throughout the resort. A few pics.
20201030_171958.jpg
20201030_161057.jpg
20201030_192919.jpg
20201030_164136.jpg
20201030_164129.jpg
20201030_163056.jpg
20201030_162828.jpg
20201030_183340.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Moved to The Woodlands, Texas in February from Simi Valley, CA. I will start by saying it was the BEST move ever. Only downside is we don't know anyone here so we have had zero adult time. Well mom came to visit on Wednesday which gave me and the wife a chance for a quick overnighter. Decided it would be a great opportunity to hit up Margaritaville Resort on Lake Conroe. Lake Conroe is a pretty expansive lake about 30 minutes north of us and about an hour and half north of Houston. The lake has a few resorts, a few marinas and many different types of lakeside properties from townhouses, nice single family residences including some baller pads. All types of boating and boats exist here; fishing, watersports, houseboats and even some high performance.

Margaritaville Resort took over another resort and went through a couple year transformation. It offers a tower hotel with nicely appointed rooms and about 20 lakeside bungalows. It has a few bars, 3 restaurants, golf course, 3 pools, lazy river, giant splash park and waterslides. All island themed of course. It also has plenty of rental pontoons, runabouts, kayaks, paddleboards etc. The resort is pretty much self-contained and you will not need to leave for anything. Considering it was the night before Halloween and end of October it was very quiet but I imagine it goes OFF in summertime. Even given the time of year, there was a ton of activites, live bands and music pumping throughout the resort. A few pics. View attachment 937937 View attachment 937938 View attachment 937939 View attachment 937940 View attachment 937941 View attachment 937942 View attachment 937943 View attachment 937945

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Congrats on the move, didn't realize you lived here in Simi.

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
I've stayed there before it changed names, its a real nice place. I lived in The Woodlands for about 4 years. I miss it!