WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Biden vote

USMC2010

Reaction score
I started a conversation with a co-worker yesterday. She is a 25 year old single latino. We really started to dig into why she voted for Biden today. She said it was her first time voting and her entire family voted too. Where am I going with this??? She voted for Biden simply because she thinks Trump is racist and doesn't like what she says. It is an ongoing, civil conversation which is refreshing for once, but she admitted this afternoon that she really likes how Trump has lead the country and the policies he has done. Take note, after all of that she still voted against him purely because he can't stay civil no matter how he gets treated. We will be having conversations for days, I don't think I will sway her to being a conservative but it is early looking like that possibility exists in the long run.
For anyone wanting to know how a dementia riddled senior citizen gets this many votes....this is exactly how and why.

BONER

Reaction score
She voted for Biden because Trump isn't PC? Lol, can't fix stupid.

Political Correctness is a Cancer and fuck anybody who supports it. Political Correctness is anti American.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I know you cant fix stupid but it makes sense for how many have voted for him.

PlanB

Reaction score
Higher vote count that Obama, and they are still counting? I don't buy it. I also don't buy the down ballot irregularities. You are not going to get record turnout to vote for Senate and House races (voting R down ballot and Biden at the top). Trump carried counties in this race that Clinton won in 16. Trump also overperformed in counties that he barely won in 16. The voting trend across the country does not match the trends in these swing states.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Also what the low info voter sees is what the main stream media wants them to see and hear, they never show this guy interacting with people and truly making a connection. Obama received a nobel peace prize for getting elected, Trump has locked in treaties no one thought possible and never once bowed down or kissed the ring of some tyrant in the middle East.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I don't disagree but she was that pissed of at much of the language he has used, there was no other reason. I don't understand it either.. I'll have her come to senses before I'm done.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Higher vote count that Obama, and they are still counting? I don't buy it. I also don't buy the down ballot irregularities. You are not going to get record turnout to vote for Senate and House races (voting R down ballot and Biden at the top). Trump carried counties in this race that Clinton won in 16. Trump also overperformed in counties that he barely won in 16. The voting trend across the country does not match the trends in these swing states.
very true

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am disappointed in you all...25yo single female...we need to know numerical ranking to know how much we need to convert her, or how much stupid to put up with 🤔

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Liberals are triggered by everything and anything. They’re literally soft MF’ers and and turning this nation into one of pussies.

They’re a miserable bunch that constantly has to have drama somewhere in their lives to find any self worth to drag their pansy asses out of bed each morning.

I’m content knowing I’m an asshole and don’t take shit from nobody so there’s that lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I know you cant fix stupid but it makes sense for how many have voted for him.

This country is pretty close to split down the middle, as much as people don’t want to believe it. We have a close presidential vote, close to 50/50 split in the House and Senate.

I find it astonishing that anyone could vote for Biden, but then again more than half of people are dumb and low-information voters. Some truly don’t like Trump and have at least a logical argument, but one I don’t agree with.

I like Trump overall, but I can see how he is just too much for some people. And those are the people that can’t look around and see the prosperity in the country, just vote off their feelings.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I am disappointed in you all...25yo single female...we need to know numerical ranking to know how much we need to convert her, or how much stupid to put up with 🤔
?
Her entire family voted, most for the first time purely to get Trump out, no other reason. It's very important to convert her since she admitted to liking Trump's policies and what he's done. Or did I miss what you meant? We are having a very civil conversation, she's starting to see the importance of looking past the bad for the good. It's too late for this time but maybe in the future she will make a more informed decision, that's my goal. Not necessarily to convert her but to have her use her brain and not her emotions when it comes to things like this.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Liberals are triggered by everything and anything. They’re literally soft MF’ers and and turning this nation into one of pussies.

They’re a miserable bunch that constantly has to have drama somewhere in their lives to find any self worth to drag their pansy asses out of bed each morning.

I’m content knowing I’m an asshole and don’t take shit from nobody so there’s that lol
Hell Yeah!!

floatn turd

Reaction score
100%
I am one of 4 Trump Supporters at my work.

Sadly, if i ask people why they vote Dem.
They all say: Because they don't like Trump "the man". (based on media)

They no ZERO about the job hes done over the last 4 years.

Straight Buffoons!

Last edited:

squeezer

Reaction score
E27B1A23-942B-4D7E-B984-BEBC245644A0.jpeg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I like many of the things Trump's done in the last 4 years. He delivered on a good number of promises.

He broke promises, but all presidents do.

Much of the dislike for Trump wouldn't be there if he simply didnt act like a NY real estate douche bag.

His fan club rather than insisting on him straightening up his act and being more compassionate, civil and presidential went the other way- he was applauded for it and rewarded for being more grating and confrontational.

It's a bummer.

Last edited:

Wedgy

Reaction score
100%
I am one of 4 Trump Supporters at my work.

Sadly, if i ask people why they vote Dem.
They all say: Because they don't like Trump "the man". (based on media)

They no ZERO about the job hes done over the last 4 years.

Straight Buffoons!
Keep the Faith Baby!

WYRD

Reaction score
I like many of the things Trump's done in the last 4 years. He delivered on a good number of promises.

He broke promises, but all presidents do.

Much of the dislike for Trump wouldn't be there if he simply didnt act like a NY real estate douche bag.

His fan club rather than insisting on him straightening up his act and being more compassionate, civil and presidential went the other way- he was applauded for it and rewarded for beig more grating and confrontational.

It's a bummer.
Yep if he could have shelved his ego and focused on the greater good for the USA, we would have still had record voting only with an entirely different outcome...

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I've heard this from multiple people, even middle of the road people that hate Newsom:

"Trump is divisive and a dumbass." He's just real and also sometimes says dumb shit. Ok, Obama claimed to be more of a uniter but he still only pushed liberal policies. Actions speak louder than words. I literally had a democrat tell me that Trump doesn't pay lip service to the other side. Wait, what? You just want to be lied to? It's semi hard to comprehend.

I always respond with "No speeches or rhetoric ever really affected people in this country, policy and policy implementation has."

What I'm going to start saying is "You're privileged to live in a country so great that you can vote based on your feelings"

Because that's what is essentially what's going on. I keep tabs in my head of people who vote blue but make good money and avoid taxes like the plague because they believe only "rich people" (richer than them) should pay more... while they make $400k+ a year. But, you know, feelings. So they can get the social praise for being a "caring democrat" while not having to pay more taxes to support what they allegedly support.

Moral of the story... don't underestimate the amount of people who vote with their feelings. I'm fairly emotionless and look directly at candidate platform. Based on that approach, I'd vote for dead Republican squirrel on a stick before a I voted for a democrat.

dribble

Reaction score
I voted for Trump. I participated in the flotillas. I flew the Trump flag at my house. I think he threw away a landslide victory. And I think if he had learned to keep his ego in his behavior and check, this would’ve been an easy win. He has done great things. All of us here could look beyond the fact that he never acted presidential. He was a businessman not a politician. But a good portion of the rest of the voting population felt that his behavior was unbecoming of the leader of the free world. The first debate was a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Frankly I feel like he let us all down.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I started a conversation with a co-worker yesterday. She is a 25 year old single latino. We really started to dig into why she voted for Biden today. She said it was her first time voting and her entire family voted too. Where am I going with this??? She voted for Biden simply because she thinks Trump is racist and doesn't like what she says. It is an ongoing, civil conversation which is refreshing for once, but she admitted this afternoon that she really likes how Trump has lead the country and the policies he has done. Take note, after all of that she still voted against him purely because he can't stay civil no matter how he gets treated. We will be having conversations for days, I don't think I will sway her to being a conservative but it is early looking like that possibility exists in the long run.
For anyone wanting to know how a dementia riddled senior citizen gets this many votes....this is exactly how and why.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this young latina.

What you have explained is the equivalent of this: She decided to run across the freeway because she thought it was safer than staying on the sidewalk.

Anyone who "thinks Trump is a racist and doesn't like what he says" and votes for Biden because of it either can't tell the difference between truth or fiction - or doesn't want to.

You can't explain stupidity or ignorance and you can't fix it.

And saying this is how a dementia riddle senior citizen gets this many votes doesn't really explain the problem we have.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I'll never get to tell someone how they should vote but I'll do my darndest to make sure they make an educated decision. I wish now I had reached out to her earlier. Based on some of our conversation she has quite an approval for conservative ideas. I just need to bring that out in her without examples like that that would shut her or anyone down. It's the long game and always has been with people I talk to.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I voted for Trump. I participated in the flotillas. I flew the Trump flag at my house. I think he threw away a landslide victory. And I think if he had learned to keep his ego in his behavior and check, this would’ve been an easy win. He has done great things. All of us here could look beyond the fact that he never acted presidential. He was a businessman not a politician. But a good portion of the rest of the voting population felt that his behavior was unbecoming of the leader of the free world. The first debate was a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Frankly I feel like he let us all down.

Blaming Trump for losing this election ignores a mountain of enemies the President was up against - these are some:
* All media is against him - THEY said he's a racist and evil
* All big tech is against him - THEY are censoring him and us
* The billionaires are against him - THEY poured hundreds of millions of $$$ into the election to fight Trump
* The Deep State is against him - THEY attacked him for over 4 years (Russia, Russia, Russia) and his "Dept. of Justice" never did their jobs!
* The Democrats are against him - THEY impeached him and attacked him for 4+ years
* The Republican party is against him - most of THEM stood by while he was attacked mercilessly because they want "their party back" (and where are they now?!)
* Corruption works against him - cheating especially with this election
* Lying works against him - let me know when any Democrat tells the truth

Trump and his millions of supporters have been like David vs Goliath. When Trump wins this it will be the most amazing victory in US history

And if you are one of the ones saying you "don't like what Trump said" or what he tweeted or "his behavior is unbecoming the leader of the free world" I feel sorry for your ability to see the forest through the trees - you have an issue with understanding what a fight between good and evil looks like.

Evil isn't like a person in a costume knocking on your door on Halloween. Evil isn't like that; you need to be able to recognize it - and it's everywhere.

Maybe life is too complex for you - and if so you may need guardrails in your life so you can see the lines you should stay between.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Well if you don’t vote for Biden, you ain’t black.

She does understand what racist language really is, right? 🤦‍♂️

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

RDP is falling apart too - not one damn person has asked for a pic of this 25 year old single Latina...

KevinR

Reaction score
She’s only 25. Lots of maturing to do.
I commend you for engaging and continuing the conversation.
Have you asked her where she goes for news? Current events? Political opinions?

USMC2010

Reaction score
We've only had 2 discussions so far, drama at work today so we didn't get a chance to continue, we aren't on any timeline.

Dana757

Reaction score
As my father (who is ultra conservative) said, if you're not nice to others don't expect people to vote for you. Now he voted Trump but that's why he feels many others including some Republicans did not. I think he is right with that thinking. I also understand his base didn't vote for him to be Mr Nice Guy.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
As my father (who is ultra conservative) said, if you're not nice to others don't expect people to vote for you. Now he voted Trump but that's why he feels many others including some Republicans did not. I think he is right with that thinking. I also understand his base didn't vote for him to be Mr Nice Guy.
If your not nice people won’t vote for you, but they vote for your racist, child sniffing senile crook rival? Sorry, I don’t buy that. Not a chance.

Dana757

Reaction score
If your not nice people won’t vote for you, but they vote for your racist, child sniffing senile crook rival? Sorry, I don’t buy that. Not a chance.
Not many voted for Biden, they voted against Trump. Of course you don’t buy it. No Trump voter bought it.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Not many voted for Biden, they voted against Trump. Of course you don’t buy it. No Trump voter bought it.
If you have read my post from the beginning that is what I said. My issue with it is when people vote against what's good for them purely because of emotions. In her case it is exactly what happened, My goal if there is one is to have her be able to look past emotions and see what's actually good.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
This is a teaching moment, might I suggest an offer to “breed it out of her”?