WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SXS Windshield style

Good Stuff

Reaction score
What’s everyone using for windshields on their side-by-sides? I just picked up a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 and need to get something installed. Running around town I’ve seen glass, full, and half on the ones cruising around but don’t know what’s the best bet. Glass runs the same price as most of the flip up or vented poly Hardcoat windshields but I don’t know if rock chips are an issue with them. I read you can just get a new sheet of laminated glass installed for about $100 but if that’s a frequent occurrence then replacing the poly once a year might be cheaper. I also had a shop I called tell me that people don’t pay the extra for hardcoated out in Havasu but I don’t want to be looking through a milk jug after the first trip.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Get full glass, with a vented bottom if possible. Any plastic/hard coat/non glass windsheild you will regret. It will collect dust, glare and get scratched up.

If you think you will like a half windsheild, plastic is fine if you aren’t going to be looking through it.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Get full glass, with a vented bottom if possible. Any plastic/hard coat/non glass windsheild you will regret. It will collect dust, glare and get scratched up.

If you think you will like a half windsheild, plastic is fine if you aren’t going to be looking through it.

Thanks! That’s the way I was kind of leaning.
Any real concerns about chipping or cracking on normal use? I’m not planning on tailgating someone down a trail at 50mph or anything. 🤣

DLC

Reaction score
Get full glass make sure it’s DOT glass , most usually are. Rain x has a glass coating that gets applied with a micro fiber cloth add multiple coats inside and out, it keeps the dust from sticking to the glass. They have wiper & wash systems that you can add if your in a wet area, I don’t have a wiper on mine but it’s in Havasu, mostly dust.

when you stop keep a micro fiber handy and give it a quick dusting, on really cold ass nights it will fog up on ya, this only happened once for me but it’s was artic...

make sure it’s a vented windshield

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thanks! That’s the way I was kind of leaning.
Any real concerns about chipping or cracking on normal use? I’m not planning on tailgating someone down a trail at 50mph or anything. 🤣

No issues with chipping or cracking. I wont’t say it can’t ever happen, but If you never follow anyone, it will stay perfect.

as DLC said carry a microfiber to wipe it off if needed on the trail. I also carry a mini can of Spray Away glass cleaner with the micro fiber.

DLC

Reaction score
C2C56BFE-1DDA-4B0A-A8EC-6344ABB78151.jpeg

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Looks like Kolpin is the only manufacturer that has a vented windshield for less than $1k. Seems like they have good quality stuff overall and it has the option to add the wiper later if I really want it.

riverroyal

Reaction score

I have a half from clearly tough. Utah company
I wipe it down on the fly with a micro fiber. No scratches
200 bucks.
Easy to remove.
I couidnt do the full glass for the price.