WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTB; English Lab

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Anyone breed, or personally know an established English Lab breeder? I'm on a couple waiting lists, but I'm still looking.

I'm in the So Cal area, but I'd drive 8-12 hours for the right pup.

Preferably a Chocolate male.

bbrownster

Reaction score
We got our lab from Quail Haven Ranch in Buckeye. I highly recommend. Our lab lived for close to 16 years with no complications. Great breeder.

Bear Down

Reaction score
I have been looking for a good quality lab as well... Its been awhile since my last purchase which was $800 in 2009. But good Lord.. $2000-3400 for a Lab from these high end breeders really takes me out of the market. Short of slapping a whipple on the dog, not sure if I can justify that type of cost....

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
We got our lab from Quail Haven Ranch in Buckeye. I highly recommend. Our lab lived for close to 16 years with no complications. Great breeder.

I actually just sent an email to them to see what they had for upcoming litters.

riverroyal

Reaction score
coworker has a husky that wondered on to his property....not a lab but you never know. About 1, female

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Potterosa Puppies has amazing Labs, but there are out of my price point. You'd be looking at $1600-3000. I'm flying to Texas next month to go lab shopping. Lots of good breeders over there in the $500-800 range.

(405) 277-0777

Riverhound

Reaction score
We got both of ours in Virginia... Champion blood lines blah blah blah... $2.5k each. Can get you the breeders contact if you're interested.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score

My lab is from this breeder. My bro has two from her. Great temperament and beautiful dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

FishSniper

Reaction score

W.O.T

Reaction score
Good choice. My English lab is 11 years old now. Champion lines etc. Definitely my best friend such great dogs. I can dig up his breeders number if you are interested. It’s been a while but I think they still might be breeding. They breed only Chocolates.

91D749F9-B8A4-46D1-A6FC-16ECF35DBAC7.jpeg
793E43A0-01EE-4D7B-A153-49881A7E7825.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Potterosa Puppies has amazing Labs, but there are out of my price point. You'd be looking at $1600-3000. I'm flying to Texas next month to go lab shopping. Lots of good breeders over there in the $500-800 range.

(405) 277-0777
Bill could you grab a white one for me while you are there. Eli needs a friend!
Eli.jpg

BONER

Reaction score

Actually a pretty famous Breeder. I've personally seen 4 dogs from this Ranch. All great specimens. Big, lean, and very intelligent.

I found this Bozo on Craigslist and only paid $100 ( Haha, I win! ), so I got extremely lucky but his Old Man was from Quail Haven. He got Parvo when he was very young, but we nursed him back to health. This dog has never been to the Vet. Ever. His name is Nitrous.

20170710_211539.jpg
20190919_125323(1).jpg
nitrous8weeks.jpg

Last edited:

Deckin Around

Reaction score
We live in OC but are picking up this lil girl after Thanksgiving from http://tiptoplabradors.com a great family breeder (and not expensive) in Az. They have a chocolate/silver litter to be born any day.

"All of our dogs that are in our breeding program are AKC registered Labrador Retrievers. We select our dogs based on their pedigrees, confirmation, temperament, trainability and health. We put a lot of effort into researching pedigrees to find dogs that perfectly align with the values we have in our program. All of our dogs undergo complete genetic testing for every disease known to Labrador retrievers. We also evaluate and certify through the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) each dogs hips, elbows, patella’s, teeth and heart hearts. Some of our dogs also possess titles through AKC for hunt and obedience. "
2020-10-26 18.40.29.jpg

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I’m not going to get a Potterosa, but I canhook you up with one of the ones I get. I’m a shopper so I’ll be checking out several kennels.

Are you on a bunch of waiting lists, or can you just shop for puppies on the spot out there?

TBulger

Reaction score
Breeding is a lot of work, I've been able to watch it over the years. Most good breeders dedicate their lives to the line they breed. I've always been, pretty much a standard poodle guy. They run 2500--3500 for a good dog. Fun, loyal, friendly and don't shed.

satellitemike

Reaction score
We live in OC but are picking up this lil girl after Thanksgiving from http://tiptoplabradors.com a great family breeder (and not expensive) in Az. They have a chocolate/silver litter to be born any day.

"All of our dogs that are in our breeding program are AKC registered Labrador Retrievers. We select our dogs based on their pedigrees, confirmation, temperament, trainability and health. We put a lot of effort into researching pedigrees to find dogs that perfectly align with the values we have in our program. All of our dogs undergo complete genetic testing for every disease known to Labrador retrievers. We also evaluate and certify through the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) each dogs hips, elbows, patella’s, teeth and heart hearts. Some of our dogs also possess titles through AKC for hunt and obedience. "
View attachment 941574
Define not expensive.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
Its hard to find a bad lab.
They all shed more than Santa Ana winds

If your willing to put up with shedding, then your rewarded with the most loyal friend for life.

I am not a fan of chocolate labs.. But yellow and blacks... 95% chance of getting an amazing dog.

Of all the not so great labs I have seen, majority where Chocolate males. Its rare, but more common than the other colors. Thats my experience..

I will put my Nelly up against anything yall got.
310D68B4-BA7D-4873-901F-8CAD6F6035F8.jpeg

in they day time, she runs up to most people, tail wagging, wanting to be petted

at dusk,,, well that shit is off the table, why the fuck are you near my property... hair standing up.. evil growl, convincing strangers to get away...

Best guard dog I have ever owned. I worked with military trained dogs for 3years.

Last edited:

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I have rescued 3 dogs. All were great. Current one is as good as we have ever had View attachment 946574 View attachment 946575

Our last lab was a rescue, and we are actually actively looking for another Lab to rescue, we're approved at all kinds of lab rescue Orgs, but haven't found the right one yet. We were hoping to actually get an older rescue before the puppy came along, but I guess it's going to go the opposite direction.