WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

JackDaddy Jack

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of these before? Love the simplicity of the design and it appears to be really easy to use (especially compared to those scissor jacks) but am concerned about driving too far forward/backward on the jack and either bending it or damaging suspension components. Thoughts?

Reactions: TPC

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Subscribed. I've seen mixed reviews- Nothing in person. We have been considering it too.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I like the idea. I don't like that it really is just for changing a tire, and you need to have brackets specific to the car all set up beforehand - This is nearly useless to help a friend on the trail, especially if they have a different model of car than you. And it is useless if you are trying to do anything other than changing a tire.

Love that it is light and compact, I don't love the price.

If you carry a scissor jack they do make adapters for them that allow the use of a 1/2" square drive. This would allow you to use a cordless impact to quickly raise and lower the car.

I carry an aluminium scissor jack personally and some blocks of wood to get extra height if needed.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Unless you go by yourself it’s just an added “thing” to your car. Even by yourself it’s better to modify a trailer jack with a socket to except an impact and use as a jack when you’re in a jam.

We’ve changed dozens of tires and never any more than a couple minutes to do. Hook a strap to the cage with a buddy’s car, back up slightly to get the weight off the flat tire, impact old one off and new one on and done.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
good point. They market it for changing tires but there are a 1000 other reasons you may need a jack on the trail. probably go with scissor for now

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Unless you go by yourself it’s just an added “thing” to your car. Even by yourself it’s better to modify a trailer jack with a socket to except an impact and use as a jack when you’re in a jam.

We’ve changed dozens of tires and never any more than a couple minutes to do. Hook a strap to the cage with a buddy’s car, back up slightly to get the weight off the flat tire, impact old one off and new one on and done.

This. The strap pull or 4 guys lifting method is quicker provided you are not alone.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Use a travel trailer scissor jack, weld a nut vs the hook on the end, make the nut the same as your lugnuts, then use the old fashion tire iron or best yet an electric impact, jack up pull wheel put new on jack down and back on the trail in half a beer.

DLC

Reaction score
Use a travel trailer scissor jack, weld a nut vs the hook on the end, make the nut the same as your lugnuts, then use the old fashion tire iron or best yet an electric impact, jack up pull wheel put new on jack down and back on the trail in half a beer.

Wait a minute here... there won’t ever be a tire change in only half a beer, it would take a half a beer to get the spare tire out off the car.....

racing that’s a different story

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wait a minute here... there won’t ever be a tire change in only half a beer, it would take a half a beer to get the spare tire out off the car.....

racing that’s a different story

It took 2 beers just to put a plug in your tire. :)

Reactions: DLC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I like the idea. I don't like that it really is just for changing a tire, and you need to have brackets specific to the car all set up beforehand - This is nearly useless to help a friend on the trail, especially if they have a different model of car than you. And it is useless if you are trying to do anything other than changing a tire.

Love that it is light and compact, I don't love the price.

If you carry a scissor jack they do make adapters for them that allow the use of a 1/2" square drive. This would allow you to use a cordless impact to quickly raise and lower the car.

I carry an aluminium scissor jack personally and some blocks of wood to get extra height if needed.
This

My buddy has it and his buddie’s have the adaptors so they can use his jack daddy.

Jack Daddy hasn’t made A arm bolts for Madigan A arms like I have, and I agree with a scissor jack so I can help others out.
I bought the Pro Armor plate/scissor jack and strap it over my spare.
It could easily be made but was easier for me to work some overtime and just order it. I carry a couple blocks of wood under the seat and have never not been able to lift anything on the trail.
The mounting base Pro Armor makes is nice for adjusting the jack to lift base or add extra stuff to carry on it, FWIW.
I like the pro Eagle air jack but too many other tools I want before buying that.
E5BA2BCA-A3F8-4DF1-99AA-5DD48E066FA0.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
And I didn’t use my air compressor - DWC or Jimmy got there’s out....

That’s was a great day! Fun ride to Alamo, the people make the ride!

I’ve lugged one of these around since 06’ in four different sxs’s and have used it once lol.
Better to have than not

9DDAC3EE-8A7A-445D-960C-2DBE27B13816.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve got the same air compressor! It works great, but kinda big bulky

Look air m12 air compressor a lot smaller and I already have battery on board the can am !

Depot has it on sale right now

350728EB-C830-4124-B845-C9EAB61E1EE3.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
CE3D8AC7-C3B2-43A8-9505-4C035943F8D2.jpeg

I got the ryobi because I couldn’t find the Milwaukee anywhere in LA county before last trip.
It is awesome for the toyhauler keeping tires up and not lugging my pancake compressor around.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 942686

I got the ryobi because I couldn’t find the Milwaukee anywhere in LA county before last trip.
It is awesome for the toyhauler keeping tires up and not lugging my pancake compressor around.

The 18v compact Ryobi is the ticket. It’s on sale for $19 right now, normally $35 for the bare inflator. It will inflate a trailer tire if needed.

I carry a small 12v emergency inflator in the car at all times. It might take 20-30 mins to inflate flat tire. I’ve never had to use it.

I carry the cordless Ryobi on anything more than a casual cruise. It will put 5 PSI in a SXS tire in about 30 seconds.

5D07CEDC-DA91-4887-A983-9C88BF27FA54.jpeg

lenmann

Reaction score
Me and a couple of buddies have been using this for the last year or so, fills a dead flat in about 10 seconds, good for 3-5 flats depending on tire size.

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 8.02.24 PM.png

2 out 3 of the cars we ride with have winches, so we use a winch and a strap hooked to the top of the cage to pull a car over to lift a wheel that needs to be changed. No need for a jack. That said it's pretty amazing how much you can do with plugs. We had 20 or so in a side wall blow out last year that got us back to camp. The only spare on the ride was already used.

DLC

Reaction score
Me and a couple of buddies have been using this for the last year or so, fills a dead flat in about 10 seconds, good for 3-5 flats depending on tire size.

View attachment 942808
2 out 3 of the cars we ride with have winches, so we use a winch and a strap hooked to the top of the cage to pull a car over to lift a wheel that needs to be changed. No need for a jack. That said it's pretty amazing how much you can do with plugs. We had 20 or so in a side wall blow out last year that got us back to camp. The only spare on the ride was already used.

The only issue with that is it needs to be filled / topped off at a welding gas supply company. I don’t think you can refill it at camp.
Chances are you wouldn’t run out of air but if your the only one in a good size group, air could be a problem.