WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shore spike.

spectra bash

Reaction score
ANy deals on shore spikes out there? RDP discounts or anyone have a extra they want to sell?

Springfield

Reaction score
Slide Anchor has an ad at the top of the page, they give RDP discounts.

sirbob

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the company nor what they cost but after seeing this one at the Avalon Pontoon dealer meeting this summer - this will be the next one buy.

It screws in instead of poising it in the sand. Its also all aluminum - very light weight. and comes in a bunch of colors to match the boat.

I have been happy with what we have used for years but this one was so nice it will be my next sand spike purchase when needed.

SandShark is the company.

edit - I just looked up company https://sandsharkanchor.com/?maas=m...MIlrfDocf97AIVAhx9Ch2GwwNVEAAYASAAEgKhZfD_BwE

The nice one is on sale now for $250

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.39.39 AM.png

boatnam2

Reaction score
ANy deals on shore spikes out there? RDP discounts or anyone have a extra they want to sell?
I have one with a box anchor, probably get it by thanksgiving. how much you looking to spend?

Ladsm

Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but Shockwave in Corona sells spike and box anchors for about the cheapest I have seen. Same with nice covers.

spectra bash

Reaction score
I have one with a box anchor, probably get it by thanksgiving. how much you looking to spend?
I’m leaving for echo on the 21st for the week and need a new one as mine went missing. Not sure if I order one will it be here in time. I have box anchor just need spike.

boatnam2

Reaction score
You can get one at spankys, that is the one i have it isn't the shore spike but something similar. I would get you mine but not coming this year.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the company nor what they cost but after seeing this one at the Avalon Pontoon dealer meeting this summer - this will be the next one buy.

It screws in instead of poising it in the sand. Its also all aluminum - very light weight. and comes in a bunch of colors to match the boat.

I have been happy with what we have used for years but this one was so nice it will be my next sand spike purchase when needed.

edit - I just looked up company https://sandsharkanchor.com/?maas=m...MIlrfDocf97AIVAhx9Ch2GwwNVEAAYASAAEgKhZfD_BwE

View attachment 942027
its a cool idea, we have a beach umbrella with a auger on it. but i see alot of places for sand to get in there and jam and grind itself. it also doesnt seem any easier then the shore spike.

sirbob

Reaction score
its a cool idea, we have a beach umbrella with a auger on it. but i see alot of places for sand to get in there and jam and grind itself. it also doesnt seem any easier then the shore spike.

I understand what you're saying - but sand getting in is easily douched out in the water. I have found with mine now "pounding sand" is a pain in the ass. I handled this spike and the quality / function and looks will make it my next spike purchase.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 942027

It looks nice, but does that handle collapse? Takes up a ton of room?

I'd like to see one in person and give it the once over / review. :)

RD

sirbob

Reaction score
It looks nice, but does that handle collapse? Takes up a ton of room?

I'd like to see one in person and give it the once over / review. :)

RD

I can’t help with getting one for review but it does look like it folds up and goes in a nice carrier?

91FDDF11-2026-40C4-BE99-2A64B0817D07.png

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can’t help with getting one for review but it does look like it folds up and goes in a nice carrier?

View attachment 942156
Looks nice..... for sand only. I dont see that withstanding very well if there are any kinds of rocks or other aggregate in the sand. Id imagine it would chew up that aluminum screw pretty damn quick,

sirbob

Reaction score
Looks nice..... for sand only. I dont see that withstanding very well if there are any kinds of rocks or other aggregate in the sand. Id imagine it would chew up that aluminum screw pretty damn quick,

If you look at the pics you will see the tip / auger is NOT aluminum. It's high quality stainless steel. The shaft tube is aluminum.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If you look at the pics you will see the tip / auger is NOT aluminum. It's high quality stainless steel. The shaft tube is aluminum.
Ahh.... yeah, missed that part. Definitely the smart move with choice of materials then. Aluminum where possible for weight and stainless where needed for strength. I like it.

DLC

Reaction score
Watch the video in Sirbobs link it looks nice.