WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'll need to borrow your garage stretcher. This thing will fit with 9 inches to spare. 45' OAL pintle to drive guard. :cool:

Probably a good thing. Had a 388 fit, there were a couple gently used 388's that I might of wound up with.

Yeah it’s going to be interesting but at least it’s a pretty straight shot to the garage. Would be hell if it was 90* to the driveway.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
When I built the Garage and Trophy Room, I used up 100% of my lot roof coverage. I can't open a damned umbrella and not be in violation. :cool:
Nothing is against the rules until you get caught.
It is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission.
:D

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
This may be hard to explain. The painter and I have been having a conversation about the lime green pin. It was lime at the rendering. He called me a couple times about changing it to an emerald green. I always just tell him, "make it rad". So, he text me Sunday and says, I'm gonna fade the pin from lime to emerald, back to lime. The lime will be against the blue, the emerald will be against the black.

You'll need to go back to the rendering to even see the pinstripe. Details...

This is a 1/8" pin, so there wont be much green.

lime1.jpg

lime2.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This may be hard to explain. The painter and I have been having a conversation about the lime green pin. It was lime at the rendering. He called me a couple times about changing it to an emerald green. I always just tell him, "make it rad". So, he text me Sunday and says, I'm gonna fade the pin from lime to emerald, back to lime. The lime will be against the blue, the emerald will be against the black.

You'll need to go back to the rendering to even see the pinstripe. Details...

This is a 1/8" pin, so there wont be much green.

View attachment 931746

View attachment 931747
I grew up in an advertising/ graphic arts & printing 2nd generation family held company back east.... and one thing I learned early.... when it comes to artist, decide if you trust their taste, skill levels and professionalism... then get outta their way and let them do what they do. But I never had a level of understanding or comprehension of what the fuck allowed them to do what they did.... some intrinsic ability that enabled their mental pictures to come down through their arms/ hands down to a brush or in your this case spray gun. I say let this dude do his thang baby... and I know you are

That said.... I understand we all gotta live with his creation and final product. Loosen those reigns and let him fly.... thats when we get their best work. But ya gotta trust. I know... Fuck that lol

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I grew up in an advertising/ graphic arts & printing 2nd generation family held company back east.... and one thing I learned early.... when it comes to artist, decide if you trust their taste, skill levels and professionalism... then get outta their way and let them do what they do. But I never had a level of understanding or comprehension of what the fuck allowed them to do what they did.... some intrinsic ability that enabled their mental pictures to come down through their arms/ hands down to a brush or in your this case spray gun. I say let this dude do his thang baby... and I know you are

That said.... I understand we all gotta live with his creation and final product. Loosen those reigns and let him fly.... thats when we get their best work. But ya gotta trust. I know... Fuck that lol

You're 100% correct on all counts.

@Gelcoater was the wise man who coached me on artistic liberty.

attitude

Reaction score
I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted here

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m surprised this hasn’t been posted here

thinking it was not posted, since another site did the write up, etc.
glad you shared, nice write up on the process

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
thinking it was not posted, since another site did the write up, etc.
glad you shared, nice write up on the process

Honestly, I just spaced it out, forgot.

The interviews Matt does are just a recording of a phone call. The real tone of the conversation doesn't read well on paper. Like the video I showed my wife. It was a 36 Skater called "Aftermath." It was no big deal. Wife backed down, husband drove the boat on the trailer perfectly. They pull up...done. Then the guy pans the crowd, there were literally 100's of folks watching them. I told the wife we have to do it right. there will always be eyes on us and phones recording.

Can you imaging the grief I would get on here if we fucked something up or I drove the boat on the trailer sideways in the wind or some shit?

Boat is almost done in paint.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Oh there she is.... taking form now for sure.... looks like one more week in booth eh..... as for those first few attempts at ramp, go find one after hours or better yet simply practice in early morning hours when nobody is around. You're fortunate for a Dec/ Jan delivery as crowds must drop off during weekdays in Havasu right?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Oh there she is.... taking form now for sure.... looks like one more week in booth eh..... as for those first few attempts at ramp, go find one after hours or better yet simply practice in early morning hours when nobody is around. You're fortunate for a Dec/ Jan delivery as crowds must drop off during weekdays in Havasu right?

I live 15 minutes from Lake Pleasant. This lake in January/February, during the week is completely empty.

And it’s not just the boat, she’s really intimidated by the Sport Chassis’s size. The big thing drives super easy.

She’ll drive the truck in and out, I’ll do the boat.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I live 15 minutes from Lake Pleasant. This lake in January/February, during the week is completely empty.

And it’s not just the boat, she’s really intimidated by the Sport Chassis’s size. The big thing drives super easy.

Love that process of settling in.... interesting how the dudes always seem to take the boat while the ladies get the rigs. I know a couple badaas chicks who would insist on the boat job... not many though.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Love that process of settling in.... interesting how the dudes always seem to take the boat while the ladies get the rigs. I know a couple badaas chicks who would insist on the boat job... not many though.

Many, MANY years ago, we had a 21’ Carerra Elite. We were recovering at site 6. I was in the truck, wife in boat.

Back then, there was a concrete wall on the right side. On that wall was a piece of 2” angle iron. She came in a bit hot and a bit sideways and smacked the wall and the angle iron.

Not sure if that wall and angle iron is still there or not. That was 10-12 boats ago and from that point on, she drives the truck.

She launches fine, as competent as any man on the ramp. Her Achilles heel, mirrors. As long as she can see it all through the back window, she’s good.

My Sport Chassis has the big shell. She’s Gotta learn the mirrors. The thing has cameras all over the place. She’ll learn the mirrors her way. My input just makes shit worse.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score

30 minutes and a few practice tries , she will be a pro.
mid week, take some cones to block off areas and limit where she can go

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The "368" is clear now. It is on the port engine hatch. The Pro-Stock scoop location is going to be interesting on this side. He's drilled me on what I want so I'm sure he's got it dialed.

View attachment 929478
Why do scoops does it need it? Just think the flat rear deck looks amazing on these personally.
That would be my guess as well. He did however rule out any blue Alcantara. he said it fades extremely fast and extremely bad. Red, is also bad just not as bad as blue. Can't get away from the red.
Look at “Edge Navy EG-308” vinyl. It may be a perfect accent for the Alcantara
FB887BB8-1348-449E-96FF-5008D2D143EA.jpeg

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Why do scoops does it need it? Just think the flat rear deck looks amazing on these personally.

Look at “Edge Navy EG-308” vinyl. It may be a perfect accent for the Alcantara
View attachment 937360

The scoops are needed for the supercharged engines. The 700’s aren’t that tall but, I did a low-profile cut. The sides of the boat are cut down for a sleek, sexy stance.

That makes the engine sit higher in the boat. So it needs scoops.

The low cut is causing some problems for the back seat as well.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Many, MANY years ago, we had a 21’ Carerra Elite. We were recovering at site 6. I was in the truck, wife in boat.

Back then, there was a concrete wall on the right side. On that wall was a piece of 2” angle iron. She came in a bit hot and a bit sideways and smacked the wall and the angle iron.

Not sure if that wall and angle iron is still there or not. That was 10-12 boats ago and from that point on, she drives the truck.

She launches fine, as competent as any man on the ramp. Her Achilles heel, mirrors. As long as she can see it all through the back window, she’s good.

My Sport Chassis has the big shell. She’s Gotta learn the mirrors. The thing has cameras all over the place. She’ll learn the mirrors her way. My input just makes shit worse.
"My input just makes shit worse"..... oh man do I no that truth. I've used a launch service for my 10 years in boating... its spoils ya rotten. Sometimes I'll just tie at end of a long dock off the ramp and sit for a while if waiting for friends to arrive.... the shenanigans that go on around a ramp are epic aren't they. I just sold my boat recently but I am already looking forward to chilling down there and relaxing as I view the show.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

My wife has always done the boat. She puts the 27 Daytona right onthe trailer first shot every time. She makes everyone else look like amateurs and I love the looks other people give like “damn” LOL Shit she even makes me look bad lol

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the finished product! Been following from the start. Our shop is in Deer Valley airpark so if you need an extra set of hands for ropes, fenders, etc during docking practice at Lake Pleasant give me a shout.

-Zack

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the finished product! Been following from the start. Our shop is in Deer Valley airpark so if you need an extra set of hands for ropes, fenders, etc during docking practice at Lake Pleasant give me a shout.

-Zack

Prolly get to see it all done with paint, not cleared, this week. Maybe cleared? who knows.

We just opened a new branch location in Deer Valley in March, so I'm up there a bunch. I'll probably take you up on some help around the dock.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Interior is coming along nicely. These are the seat inserts that fit within the primary seat frame.

The seat shells are glass and will be painted to match the boat/dash.

See video WTG posted above.

(Thanks Tommy)

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Steve’s seats video!

Those seats are gonna hug Steve's skinny ass just fine but I feel that you and I are gonna be screwed fitting either one of our fat asses in there. I think that was done intentionally! :D

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
IMG_0667.JPEG

IMG_0632.JPEG

IMG_0716.JPEG

IMG_0713.JPEG

IMG_0717.JPEG

IMG_0719.JPEG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1697.JPG

Just updating some of the processes involved in complex graphics. It gets difficult at times to even see what he's got going. The last picture is where it is at now. All that's left is shadowing the lettering and adding the floating pin and done. Two stages of clear with a sanding between and its off to the rigging line.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
View attachment 940302

View attachment 940303
View attachment 940304
View attachment 940305
View attachment 940306
View attachment 940309
View attachment 940310
View attachment 940311
View attachment 940312

Just updating some of the processes involved in complex graphics. It gets difficult at times to even see what he's got going. The last picture is where it is at now. All that's left is shadowing the lettering and adding the floating pin and done. Two stages of clear with a sanding between and its off to the rigging line.
Hubba Hubba.... you'll be highly recognizable thats for sure!

BlowMe

Reaction score
Insane! This is gonna be one bad bitch!!!😍😍😍

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE that you are building a truly CUSTOM boat, not just another boat with similar graphics to another boat. This is your dream build and you are building it to your specifications. Congrats on building something very different and the 700s are the perfect choice in my opinion.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE that you are building a truly CUSTOM boat, not just another boat with similar graphics to another boat. This is your dream build and you are building it to your specifications. Congrats on building something very different and the 700s are the perfect choice in my opinion.

Thanks for that. The team at Skater really make it easy. I worked closely with Steve (the designer and painter) on the graphics package. He walked me through much of this. I also gave him lots of room to be creative and it's paid dividends.

Tony, the National Sales Manager also keeps it moving and we are in constant communication. Peter has assembled a very competent team. Just spoke to Tony an hour ago. He told me its gonna leave paint soon. A week in sand/buff and it will be on the rigging line. Motors and drives will be here soon as well.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Beautiful Steve. Congrats on seeing another dream come true. You have worked very hard to see this come true and clearly you deserve it.
I am a little jealous but I'm more so happy for you and Lori.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
A little jealous? I just creamed my shorts, that thing is over the top. It is amazing how these guys come up with the gel schemes they do and then combine colors that when you hear them you think "how is that going to work" and then you get this kinda stuff. Truly amazing! Congratulations!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
A little jealous? I just creamed my shorts, that thing is over the top. It is amazing how these guys come up with the gel schemes they do and then combine colors that when you hear them you think "how is that going to work" and then you get this kinda stuff. Truly amazing! Congratulations!

Incredible. Those paint photos give me anxiety just thinking about laying it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In complete honesty, I was intimidated at the scope of getting it right the first shot.

Steve is so competent and listens to what you want. He asks for pictures of what I like.

He then starts sending renderings. From there, a lot of back and forth and fine tuning. Once he started, I had no more anxiety on it.

A good listener can produce the most insane creation in your mind. With Steve and Skater, there literally are no limits.