WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Contractors in Lake havasu..... (Call out thread)

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I'm about to come unglued.... Maybe I should pause and think about thi before I go public... I'm F@cking heated right now...

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Hey it only took me 10 weeks and three roofers to get my 240 square foot ramada tile roof done.

First guys installed half the paper and drip edge. Never came back. Then it all blew off in a wind storm.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Friday Night call out thread are great! Please continue..

Reactions: DWC

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I have heard SSSOOOOO many stories about the flakes..... I have personally overheard in a bar a guy say. "I had two appointments to give bids this afternoon, I just don't want that much work" . . . :mad:

On the other hand, I have recently got bids to get my house painted, and all 5 showed up and I got 4 bids to do the job!

I went with the company that can't start the job until late MARCH 2021.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to drag them into court... SO I probably need to measure what I'm going to say here...

MeCasa16

Reaction score
9B2D05D5-BE8A-4738-AA2B-89A5D26A7BE5.jpeg

gotta walk this dog quick. Stay tuned..

Hammer

Reaction score
I think it’s time to gather RDP contractor resources and line up work for three months straight and put a so cal crew out there and go house to house and knock out these jobs.

I think if it was scheduled right, you could rotate a crew to work out there a week or two then come home and bring the next crew in. All while keeping the local so cal projects moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Seems folks move to Havasu thinking they can make a killing in construction.
Then settle into Havasu time (worse then island time) and make enough to live and drink, but forget about the making a fortune thinking that drove them to move in the first place

hallett21

Reaction score
I think it’s time to gather RDP contractor resources and line up work for three months straight and put a so cal crew out there and go house and knock out these jobs.

I think if it was scheduled right, you could rotate a crew to work out there a week or two then come home and bring the next crew in. All while keeping the local so cal projects moving.

Say when

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Countertops, pool...countertops are the real killer

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think it’s time to gather RDP contractor resources and line up work for three months straight and put a so cal crew out there and go house and knock out these jobs.

Seems like you know someone who could handle this?

;)

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Thoughts, count to 10... slowly

If you are even thinking about being in court over this I might strongly suggest not making it public.

Do not threaten to end up in court, or place on social media.

Do you have a contract? With timelines?

Hammer

Reaction score
Say when

I had this talk with 3 or 4 guys at HIH this year. An electrician, roofer, framer and pool builder.

Still have the same number? We are going to meet up soon and come up with a game plan.

I already have a Corp set up that won’t interfere with everyone’s CA Corps. Just need to pool together talent and material.

I’m ready to set up a meeting between LA and OC to come up with a contracting group.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
Seems like you know someone who could handle this?

;)

YEP. I owe you a proof read still. Need to go live soon. Two weeks on the east coast kicked my ass, now playing catch up this week on the current future projects.[emoji3062]

Last edited:

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Call outs are good
If they are bad , fuckem
maybe they will change .
If they are good post as well

wet hull

Reaction score
I think it’s time to gather RDP contractor resources and line up work for three months straight and put a so cal crew out there and go house to house and knock out these jobs.

I'm starting my license process. I'm in

Singleton

Reaction score
By the way it most contractors in all places. Not just havasu

the last 20% takes 80% of the time
the last master bedroom / bath remodel, started Sept and ended Dec. almost everything was done nov 1, except the little things

DMF

Reaction score
I got licensed in AZ 2 weeks ago. I'm interested.

petie6464

Reaction score
Lake Havasu's founder was a business man and a snake oil salesman all in one.

The businessman legacy of the founder died long ago, the other is alive and well.

If you want to scramble your brain cells beyond repair attempt to conduct business here, you will be in a mental ward before you know it.

You will not find any less professional brain dead, cheats, morons and clowns this side if the international date line.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Lake Havasu's founder was a business man and a snake oil salesman all in one.

The businessman legacy of the founder died long ago, the other is alive and well.

If you want to scramble your brain cells beyond repair attempt to conduct business here, you will be in a mental ward before you know it.

You will not find any less professional brain dead, cheats, morons and clowns this side if the international date line.
You sound kind of bitter and unhappy why do you live here? 😂

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Friend with the pool build issue will most likely end up in court as well. I finally had 10 minutes to talk to him. The Guy he hired took more of a deposit than allowed and his license was not active when he took the deposit and signed contract.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
So this clown is working under a contractors license that is under someone else’s name, for a business that isn’t his. The license is valid, but the business closed up shop. His wife happens to be named on the license, so that’s how he claims being licensed and bonded. That guy has a $18,000 bond with 3 complaints against it. Soon to be 4..

yz450mm

Reaction score
Sounds to me like there's a unfulfilled Market just waiting to be capitalized on in Havasu, Parker, Bullhead, Laughlin.

I only do commercial at this time, but it sounds like there is a big need for reliable construction services in both commercial and residential in all these areas.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Not trying to be an asshole, and not trying to say that you guys can’t come here and make it work. This has been a vicious cycle in Havasu for the last 30+ years that I’ve been here. Lots of guys come here from elsewhere thinking they’re going to kill it and put everybody local out of business, but when the work slows down many end up losing their ass and leaving town.

The only thing I tell people that want to move here is unless you can bring your California income don’t bring your California bills. 😊

yz450mm

Reaction score
Not trying to be an asshole, and not trying to say that you guys can’t come here and make it work. This has been a vicious cycle in Havasu for the last 30+ years that I’ve been here. Lots of guys come here from elsewhere thinking they’re going to kill it and put everybody local out of business, but when the work slows down many end up losing their ass and leaving town.

The only thing I tell people that want to move here is unless you can bring your California income don’t bring your California bills. [emoji4]
Completely get what you are saying. But I think the difference is that they are talking about forming a conglomerate that can get shit done, that doesn't depend on also living there.

If you live in Havasu, it's probably pretty easy to drop into the Havasu Island time. But if you were only going there to get shit done, it's probably different.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The guy booked out the longest is the one to most consider. Our retaining wall was a 6 month wait, some electrical work was two months out.
When the retaining wall crew showed up he was no longer doing bids, booked out over a year.
Those are also the guys that don't talk the job up and that's a good sign too.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
So after 5 months of excuses and disappointment, we split from the first guy and hired another company. The new company told us 6 weeks to get on the schedule. In 2 weeks they came over to template. They called us at week 4 and said they were ready to install. 6 hours later we had new countertops in the kitchen and bar area.. Under promised, over delivered. That was something new for us in Havasu. The irony, it fell on the same day the first company was supposed to come up with some money to settle up with us. They didn’t.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score

The only thing I tell people that want to move here is unless you can bring your California income don’t bring your California bills. 😊
And don’t bring their calif attitude

Hammer

Reaction score
Completely get what you are saying. But I think the difference is that they are talking about forming a conglomerate that can get shit done, that doesn't depend on also living there.

If you live in Havasu, it's probably pretty easy to drop into the Havasu Island time. But if you were only going there to get shit done, it's probably different.

This[emoji106]

I am strictly Commercial Construction in my day job.
My guys enjoy side work and we hit 2-week lulls on occasion waiting for trades to get done. It would be a great opportunity to keep them busy and make a few extra bucks if we all “pitched in” a few guys.

If the work dries up in Lake Havasu We still have our regular clients in LA/OC/Phx/Vegas Etc...

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This[emoji106]

I am strictly Commercial Construction in my day job.
My guys enjoy side work and we hit 2-week lulls on occasion waiting for trades to get done. It would be a great opportunity to keep them busy and make a few extra bucks if we all “pitched in” a few guys.

If the work dries up in Lake Havasu We still have our regular clients in LA/OC/Phx/Vegas Etc...

OK, that makes sense I wasn’t sure exactly what you were planning.

I know there’s one contractor that came into town hot and heavy and they seem to be doing OK at least from outward appearances, I think they were well-funded when they came in, I guess we’ll see if they’ll be here in another five years although like I said they appear to be doing well.

wzuber

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles. That must be incredibly difficult to tolerate especially with all the political/covid/uncertainty as well as general life stresses going on right now to boot. I hope you can resolve these issues simply, quickly and favorably.
"ATTITUDES" is the core of the problems with the 'con-tractors" out there (or anywhere really) that are failing their customers and creating all the problems. Too many people have very little character and integrity any more and their WORD does not mean shit.
Many humans are a fucked up lot. haha
The phrase "if it floats, flies or fucks it will give you problems" unfortunately, doesn't only apply to women.

So what's the common denominator in these scenarios? The total solution lies within this answer.