WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone else going to glamis for Thanksgiving?

Hammer

Reaction score
Yep, over by Duner’s Diner. It’s not as fun as Glamis but if you’re learning to dune or just a mellow duner it’s fun.

Never been to either. Ride over there once like 15 years ago from Gecko on my ATC looking for some friends. I could see the 8 from the hillside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I understand the business fine and issues...have to play by the book. My problem is the rules keep changing. Covid has something like a 99.8% recovery rate...in some jobs there's a .2% chance you can die just showing up to work.

I'm glad I have no employer to speak of, or a real job. I have an issue with doing the "smile and nod" when the circumstances are incredibly foolish.
I agree. I’m so over this!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went to glamis and dropped off two kids quads for Jason (boom bandits) also dropped off one of his kids and the firewood. On the drive down topics ranged from music to politics and even racism..

This is his kid touching raw cotton left overs on the way down.. lol.

31EC01B1-7632-4E54-A3CF-7673206064F4.jpeg

cakemoto

Reaction score
Be carful it was super soft in wash 7 2 weeks ago.I almost didn’t make it in or out

RVRKID

Reaction score

riverroyal

Reaction score

1tonfun

Reaction score
I'm guilty of wheeling across the hill early in the morning when no one is around and a couple of spotters at the top and bottom communicating with me on the radio. I avoid the hill when it gets crowded, usually just go around. To many people now days with tunnel vision, have to keep your head on a swivel.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Pretty sad that they smooth out olds for the drags.Should’ve been no prep on what you Brong but those Packard cars only go fast in a straight line anyways

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
So do you guys not run 4wd on your SXS in the sand? I don’t see why you would with the bald tire in the front?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So do you guys not run 4wd on your SXS in the sand? I don’t see why you would with the bald tire in the front?
I have 3 rib razors on my rzr 1000 n/a and I run 4 wheel drive. Makes a big difference in cornering and soft sand hill climb transitions

Tank

Reaction score
Zero interest in that. When I was younger I loved the crowds and riding with others and showing off jumping and racing and all the other crap. I look at these videos now and think, you could fuckin' pay me to go out there. I see that and think it's just a disaster waiting to happen and I want zero part of that shit.

With that said, have fun Dave! Looking forward to the pics LOL 😁 👍

HBCraig

Reaction score
I run a Home Health and Hospice company. We can only hire top notch RN's due to the high acuity of our patients. All of our nurses are the same way. They are a very special bread of person. Its inspiring.
Check your pm

Hammer

Reaction score
Read he’s a crane operator , AZ guy

I don’t have the cojones to jump my RZR an inch let alone 100’ . Fun to watch from afar as long nobody gets hurt.

Side note: I’m curious to see how my dad reacts this weekend. He hasn’t been to Glamis in probably 40+ years. Back then they’d have fun trying to get an ATC 90 out of one bowl. Biggest car was a 2180 VW RAIL Back then, maybe a corvair or Porsche engine. He held his own at comp hill and the sand drags in his prime.

He’s not much for crowds and holiday weekends at the lake/desert these days. Surprised he’s actually going to be honest.

I’m looking forward to leaving our wives at camp and hitting the spots with him in the RZR. Hoping I can get him a ride in an LS Car. He’s still a hot rod junkie. [emoji106]

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score
I don’t have the cojones to jump my RZR an inch let alone 100’ . Fun to watch from afar as long nobody gets hurt.

Side note: I’m curious to see how my dad reacts this weekend. He hasn’t been to Glamis in probably 40+ years. Back then they’d have fun trying to get an ATC 90 out of one bowl. Biggest car was a 2180 VW RAIL Back then, maybe a corvair or Porsche engine. He held his own at comp hill and the sand drags in his prime.

He’s not much for crowds and holiday weekends at the lake/desert these days. Surprised he’s actually going to be honest.

I’m looking forward to leaving our wives at camp and hitting the spots with him in the RZR. Hoping I can get him a ride in an LS Car. He’s still a hot rod junkie. [emoji106]

Man thats awesome. He will have a blast and the memories you guys will make. If we were there i would have taken him for a ride.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I suppose it’s a matter of perspective, dude.
How old were ya in 92? 😉
My first time ever was on a brand new, no rim ATC 90😄
Yes you’re right. Nobody is really wrong in what I’ve heard or read. There’s just ways around everything I guess and different ways to go about it all. Crazy or not I’m still going to go as long as California lets us!

Haha I was still drinking milk and sh*ting in diapers in 92
The craziness grows with the population.
Always drove through Ocotillo Wells to go to Glamis, duning is really all we did with our kids.
It's been several years since I've been. My son is more into Ocotillo now so that's where we've been going the last few years.
I probably still prefer G unless it's gotten way worse than before...SxS sales are likely 10 fold from my last time.