WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UT OH time to pay the piper

KevinR

Reaction score
I am trying to gauge things in case I come down with it. So sorry to hear of your other recent medical findings.

I am no doctor, but if you don’t have other underlying health issues, you will most likely just have extra nasty flu symptoms along with respiratory issues. Would last a week or so.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Coworker just got results tonight. Positive
I don’t have much inner action with him, just hellos.
but the paperwork will begin early tomorrow morn.
thats 2 this week that I see everyday
You worried?

4Waters

Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes fellas. Much appreciated.

My wife tested positive so I went and tested Oct 28.

Not a lot you can do unless you qualify for Covid plasma transfusion and/or Covid protocol drugs. I actually went to ER twice, Nov 3 then this past Monday, two weeks later. Had blood labs done and chest X-rays to gauge my body’s ability to fight it off. The Covid panel at the hospital denied treatment for me. While I have Covid, I was not sick enough to warrant receiving Covid treatment.

In full disclosure, I was diagnosed with a leukemia in June last year and while the symptoms initially were weak, I had to began immunotherapy infusion treatments this October. This definitely puts a hurt on my immune system, and that is why I have had such a hard time pushing through it.

Getting old sucks and while I used to be a healthy 63, my body feels like a very old 64 now. But I cannot wait to get through these two issues and begin the path to regain my health and strength. And hit the lake!
I've had several friends with leukemia so I do understand that your immune system is damn near nonexistent, so let me get this straight you have very little immune system but your body is able to fight this off on it's own with no help. That says something.

Keep up the fight on both fronts, FUCK cancer.

4Waters

Reaction score
Nope. I think I already had it right before summer
I'm 98% sure I had it end of July, 7-8 days of fatigue like I've never experienced before. I'd sleep 8+ hours a night struggle staying awake at work come home and take a 1.5-2 hour nap wake up eat dinner and back in bed a couple hours later rinse and repeat for 7-8 days then on day 8 or 9 I woke up and I was fine zero issues. That was the only symptom I had so it didn't click for a couple of weeks that I most likely had Covid, I expected more to be honest. I think it would have gotten worse but I didn't stop, I kept moving, had I tested and was positive I would have had no choice but to stop and quarantine.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Same. I couldn’t kick the dry cough.
Only thing that worries me is bringing it home from work. I do take all the precautions during the day. 100% mask wash hands etc.

Reactions: DWC

KevinR

Reaction score
I've had several friends with leukemia so I do understand that your immune system is damn near nonexistent, so let me get this straight you have very little immune system but your body is able to fight this off on it's own with no help. That says something.

Keep up the fight on both fronts, FUCK cancer.

Yes.

The leukemia I have is called CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and fortunately it is a low grade leukemia.

There is a very targeted immunotherapy drug that just hammers the white cells that have peaked and crowded out the red hemoglobin cells. I had 4 IV sessions and the progress was excellent but had to put the rest of the treatments on hold until after Covid.

Its this introduction of the immunotherapy drug that actually increased my immune system strength somewhat, helping the Covid fight.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Yes.

The leukemia I have is called CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and fortunately it is a low grade leukemia.

There is a very targeted immunotherapy drug that just hammers the white cells that have peaked and crowded out the red hemoglobin cells. I had 4 IV sessions and the progress was excellent but had to put the rest of the treatments on hold until after Covid.

Its this introduction of the immunotherapy drug that actually increased my immune system strength somewhat, helping the Covid fight.

Surprised you went out with all that you have going on. I know my wife was hesitant at first when she has her last cycle Of Chemo

Reactions: DWC

KevinR

Reaction score
Surprised you went out with all that you have going on. I know my wife was hesitant at first when she has her last cycle Of Chemo

Sorry to hear your wife is fighting also. Hope she regains(ed) her health.

I don’t follow. You are surprised I went out where?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Hey all sorry didn't check in, headaches are the worse, hurts a lot but they come and go, runny nose, and cough. no fever, just trying to sleep as much as possible. some body ache but just uncomfortable not serious pain, So far i think the mental aspect is the hardest,

Thought i learned a new deal and ordered food from Vons , pretty slick deal, pick out your food, pay for it by cc and then put in your delivery window. they let you know they have your order, let you know when its going to be prepped, all pretty cool except that for the 3rd day now they don't actually deliver the food,
Thankfully i have food here, and i've had couple of friends say they will go shopping for me and drop it off, but since i have nothing but time i'm bugging Vons rep to deliver the damn food,

plan b will be amazon food but the next delivery date is tuesday

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hey all sorry didn't check in, headaches are the worse, hurts a lot but they come and go, runny nose, and cough. no fever, just trying to sleep as much as possible. some body ache but just uncomfortable not serious pain, So far i think the mental aspect is the hardest,

Thought i learned a new deal and ordered food from Vons , pretty slick deal, pick out your food, pay for it by cc and then put in your delivery window. they let you know they have your order, let you know when its going to be prepped, all pretty cool except that for the 3rd day now they don't actually deliver the food,
Thankfully i have food here, and i've had couple of friends say they will go shopping for me and drop it off, but since i have nothing but time i'm bugging Vons rep to deliver the damn food,

Hang in there and fill up the fridge for fucks sakes......Lots of people will deliver for you these days.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I thought you were doing some shows or something in Utah and Ohio....you (should be) get better!
Suppose to be working on Wheel of Fortune in culver city, Space Jam2 and Morning show, next week so now kind of scrambling to find someone to cover

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Glad your doing well, the headaches do suck!

DWC

Reaction score

Sorry about the headaches but great to see you posting and giving updates.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Does it compare to a Desert Storm hangover? Serious question
ive had worse hangovers but they only last a little bit, i go out and get another drink and a greasy burger with egg and i'm better. this has been for two days and then last night my head was so plugged up it was freaking me out, when i went up stairs i was out of breath,
i just woke up few minutes ago and i feel fine
fingers crossed.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Well today was much better, i'm little tired but overall if this is all i have to go thru it will be great, one of the benefits now is i don't have to go get tested ahead of time when i want to go on stage, gives me lots more flexibility on shows

E4L

Reaction score
Glad to hear your feeling a little better Dan. Hang in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk