WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IN-N-OUT

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
After moving "OUT" here nearly 20 years ago, In-N-Out came up often and always "off The Chart" etc. I have a problem with things like Movies, and actually things in General. When you hear it over and over you go in with such High expectations, maybe nothing could live up to the Hype. I was disappointed and do not plan on trying again which might not be fair to them. I just remember the Old Fashioned Mom and Pop Joints that were 100% pure Beef Hand Formed Greasy, with Buttered Bun warmed with the Burger.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I just got burgers for 4 people. Ordered inside and got my food in 14 min. There are currently over 30 cars in line. Berdoo I-10 near the 215.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I am an in-n-out fan. Not a fanatic, but a fan. Was really happy to see there are 3 here in Tucson. But also in Tucson, we have Whataburger, Freddie's, and Blake's. Along with several other small chains and all the big ones.

I've made an effort to try them all. So far my favorite is Freddie's. Then Blake's and In-n-out are neck and neck. Tried Whataburger...... I left asking "what burger?" I see zero need to go back.

Oh, and Culver's, its right up there in the mix with Blake's and in-n-out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BajaMike

Reaction score
Just opened Two New Locations One in Aurora, Colorado and the other in Colorado Springs. The lines and wait times were between 12-14 Hours and Police were called because of massive traffic jams. This is all without advance advertising, because of the expected crowds. Word of mouth spread quickly after the land was purchased.
The Company plans 7 more Locations in Colorado. What a Company and business plan. I have heard several stories they Promote from within and a young Boy or Gal that starts early and stays with the Company Life is Good!!

Same thing happened a few years ago in Texas. Simple menu, great employees, no piercings or visible tats. Great burgers and fries!

cakemoto

Reaction score
I am an in-n-out fan. Not a fanatic, but a fan. Was really happy to see there are 3 here in Tucson. But also in Tucson, we have Whataburger, Freddie's, and Blake's. Along with several other small chains and all the big ones.

I've made an effort to try them all. So far my favorite is Freddie's. Then Blake's and In-n-out are neck and neck. Tried Whataburger...... I left asking "what burger?" I see zero need to go back.

Oh, and Culver's, its right up there in the mix with Blake's and in-n-out.

You try the hatch burger from Blake’s ... pretty good.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I love In N Out as well, not just because the food is always good, especially for a drive through, but being from Southern California it carries a mystique about it. It is obviously a business but one that is from where I’m from, owned and operated for a long time by one family, family oriented, the employees are clean and friendly, there’s a hard work ethic expected of them and they’re consistent from store to store. The company has a connection to both boat and car culture through NHRA and other events and I’d guess the board is mostly conservative and isn’t donating my burger money to BLM and Biden snd the rest of those types.

If I am spending my money, when I can, I want it to go to people with similar values and I’d guess they’re much closer than the rest. Culver’s would be in 2nd place and I do love their food as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I love In N Out as well, not just because the food is always good, especially for a drive through, but being from Southern California it carries a mystique about it. It is obviously a business but one that is from where I’m from, owned and operated for a long time by one family, family oriented, the employees are clean and friendly, there’s a hard work ethic expected of them and they’re consistent from store to store. The company has a connection to both boat and car culture through NHRA and other events and I’d guess the board is mostly conservative and isn’t donating my burger money to BLM and Biden snd the rest of those types.

If I am spending my money, when I can, I want it to go to people with similar values and I’d guess they’re much closer than the rest. Culver’s would be in 2nd place and I do love their food as well.

I believe it was posted earlier, that they Donated to biden/harris. :confused:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You try the hatch burger from Blake’s ... pretty good.
I'm not really a big chilli pepper fan. Ironically, their burgers reminded me a LOT of the old Don's place in Burbank, if you remember that place. It burned down a long time ago but I remember going there all the time with my family. It was great.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
In-N-Out is good but Freddy's is better. And so is The Habit.

In-N-Out white t-shirts used to be the best

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I worked at In N out through High School and college, I am happy to answer any questions people have. I still have several friends that started with me at the Placentia store that are 24 years in with the company in various corporate functions. From bottom to top, In N Out pays well, they get to pick their talent, and all their talent knows there is a line of people that want your job, so you best give it your all. I could go on for hours about things I love about the company and the respect they earned from me in my relatively short time there, and keep in mind I was just a kid that had worked in a store for several years, and most people in that store had been there longer.

First, when I went to college, I transferred to the Irvine store. They completely scheduled everyone around their classes. I would come in, in the morning, work prep for a couple of hours, go to a couple classes, work the lunch rush, go back for another class, come back the third time that day, and finish up getting some hours in. They did this for everyone, its the only way I could work and go to school at the same time. Corporate is in the middle of the same parking lot, and In N Out requires everyone, no matter how high up you are, to do a week in the store every year. I will never forget riding the executive VP to go faster working my board during a rush, that was fun. He was rusty, but still had some chops.

More importantly, 20 years ago, my best friend was killed by a drunk driver. He was friends with a few of us at the store, me and the older guys that worked on the same shift, we didn't know how we would all pull off getting the time away to attend funeral and after events. It was a non issue, they brought in associates from the La Habra store to cover our shifts and we didn't even ask or bring it up. Next week we get our check, and we were paid for the full week as if we had worked those shifts.

Anyone that is fortunate enough to get a job there, even as a high school kid, it will teach you about hard work, reward for hard work, and how you should be treated by a company, lessons that have had as much value in my career as my university education.

Cdog

Reaction score
I worked at In N out through High School and college, I am happy to answer any questions people have. I still have several friends that started with me at the Placentia store that are 24 years in with the company in various corporate functions. From bottom to top, In N Out pays well, they get to pick their talent, and all their talent knows there is a line of people that want your job, so you best give it your all. I could go on for hours about things I love about the company and the respect they earned from me in my relatively short time there, and keep in mind I was just a kid that had worked in a store for several years, and most people in that store had been there longer.

First, when I went to college, I transferred to the Irvine store. They completely scheduled everyone around their classes. I would come in, in the morning, work prep for a couple of hours, go to a couple classes, work the lunch rush, go back for another class, come back the third time that day, and finish up getting some hours in. They did this for everyone, its the only way I could work and go to school at the same time. Corporate is in the middle of the same parking lot, and In N Out requires everyone, no matter how high up you are, to do a week in the store every year. I will never forget riding the executive VP to go faster working my board during a rush, that was fun. He was rusty, but still had some chops.

More importantly, 20 years ago, my best friend was killed by a drunk driver. He was friends with a few of us at the store, me and the older guys that worked on the same shift, we didn't know how we would all pull off getting the time away to attend funeral and after events. It was a non issue, they brought in associates from the La Habra store to cover our shifts and we didn't even ask or bring it up. Next week we get our check, and we were paid for the full week as if we had worked those shifts.

Anyone that is fortunate enough to get a job there, even as a high school kid, it will teach you about hard work, reward for hard work, and how you should be treated by a company, lessons that have had as much value in my career as my university education.

Awesome feedback thank you!!

MooreMoney

Reaction score
They opened a few stores in houston about a year ago. A year later they still have lines a mile long at both locations.

My wife and I enjoy a in and out burger. It’s a Simple burger made the right way. Like everyone said above it doesn’t matter what store you go to it taste the same and is always fresh.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Great post & thanks for the insight. I toured their corp office by UCI maybe 10 years ago... very impressive culture for sure. I've got a somewhat neighbor gal sporting a Ferrari with IN n OUT tags so I figure thats the boss lady. I'm a fan... any chick driving an exotic is badass. There's another one driving around here with wienerschnitzel tags too. I hear that chain has a female running the show... widow of founder is word on street.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I love In N Out. Whenever I head back to SoCal or make a Vegas trip In N Out is always on the menu. I’m sure there are better burgers and everyone has their preference but In N Out is consistent. Whether I’m in Los Angeles or Las Vegas I know what I’m getting. I know an animal style #1 is going beat the pants off a Big Mac combo at Mc D’s. I also know it costs about the same.

Yesterday I decided to drive by the new In N Out and check out the chaos. On Friday it was a 14 hour wait for the drive thru. The drive thru was 8 hours when I got there yesterday around 11am. I had no intention of getting in line, I just wanted to check it out. The take out line didn’t look bad so I jumped in. It took me a little over an hour to put my order in and another half hour to get my food.

My animal double double tasted exactly like every other animal double double I’ve ever had. It was terrific. The best part of it all was being able to bring In N out home to my wife.

Was it worth it? Yes. Will I do that wait again? No. I won’t be going back until the craziness dies down.

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Hours in line for a burger ?? i love them but no way in hell would i even wait an hour

BlowMe

Reaction score
I love In N Out. Whenever I head back to SoCal or make a Vegas trip In N Out is always on the menu. I’m sure there are better burgers and everyone has their preference but In N Out is consistent. Whether I’m in Los Angeles or Las Vegas I know what I’m getting. I know an animal style #1 is going beat the pants off a Big Mac combo at Mc D’s. I also know it costs about the same.

Yesterday I decided to drive by the new In N Out and check out the chaos. On Friday it was a 14 hour wait for the drive thru. The drive thru was 8 hours when I got there yesterday around 11am. I had no intention of getting in line, I just wanted to check it out. The take out line didn’t look bad so I jumped in. It took me a little over an hour to put my order in and another half hour to get my food.

My animal double double tasted exactly like every other animal double double I’ve ever had. It was terrific. The best part of it all was being able to bring In N out home to my wife.

Was it worth it? Yes. Will I do that wait again? No. I won’t be going back until the craziness dies down.

View attachment 945509

View attachment 945510

What is "animal style"

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
What is "animal style"

Double tomatoes, grilled onions, extra sauce, and a pickle or two.

Animal fries- fries with American cheese and grilled onions, and thousand island sauce.

Dan'l

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
H Salt is still around you just have to look. I know there’s one in OC and a couple in the IE
According to Wikipedia there are 11 locations left in so. Cal and 3 in no. Cal. I ate at the one in Corona many years ago and the size of the fish itself had gotten so small that I wouldn't go back. Part of what made it good what the thickness of the fish filet, and the ratio of fish to coating. I have eaten at one in San Berdoo but I don't know if either location is still open.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Double tomatoes, grilled onions, extra sauce, and a pickle or two.

Animal fries- fries with American cheese and grilled onions, and thousand island sauce.

Dan'l

Thanks. Being in Missouri i had no idea what Yall are talking about but was curious. All of that sounds great

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thanks. Being in Missouri i had no idea what Yall are talking about but was curious. All of that sounds great
Its kind of a cult chain... they've done a great job of not making them prevalent everywhere like MacDonalds so it has a certain mystique. Years ago I had a manager based in AZ and when he'd fly out to me in CA the first thing he'd have me do is drive him directly to our local In n Out .... he loved it. Its good but definitely has quite a following. Even the ones we have locally here for years are always busy. Maybe you can get an Uber Eats delivery ... I hear Texas has them lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
What is "animal style"

Grilled onions, pickles, extra spread, and the burger patties are fried in mustard, that's what most people don't comment/realize.

The comments about what managers make I can't speak exactly to, but in the 90's, I had a store manager making 160k a year, who knows what it is 20 years later adjusting for inflation, etc. Another common misconception is you can just "become" a manager. Back then, with only 138 stores, you took the better part of 10 to 20 years as a manager to get your own store based on performance, and you all start at the bottom, doesn't matter management experience elsewhere. Divisional managers are on a whole other level, in all aspects.

When minimum wage was $4.25/hr, I was hired at $7.25/hr, must have been up to $10/hr by end of first year, it goes from there, just being a kid in the store. They pay more to get more, if you are not 15 minutes early on your shift helping to transition who you are taking over from, you are late. In N Out, Costco, a few others have figured out with paying more, sticking to your guns, and being selective in hiring, you can get more with the right people, less, people, and less overall cost. One In N Out associate working a lunch rush I would say can out produce 4 or 5 individuals on minimum wage at McDonalds just phoning it in. So you pay them double, you are still cutting your costs in half.

Consistency comes from rigorous training, no deviations, and quite logistically, the ingredients all coming from the same place. No one is locally sourcing anything, so that's why the growth is dependent on replicating all the facilities of Baldwin Park to hubs up North, Texas, etc. Nothing is frozen, so you have a range on deliveries arriving every 3 days, and making your own products in the same fashion, at each hub.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm craving INO now, but will settle for the second best fast food burgers here. Its a chain found in most Chevron gas stations. The burgers have a secret sauce that is amazing. Plus here most fast food places have poutine (fries, gravy and cheese curds).................. this place https://www.tripleos.com/menus/burgers/

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I do trucking for Panera Bread and I get jealous everytime I see in-n-out trucks rolling down the highway! They love taking care of their equipment and their employees. I noticed on the corporate website they are looking for drivers to run Texas to Colorado 4 times a week. Looks like the Colorado distribution is being handled out of Texas. I'd love to chat with a driver working out of the Phoenix distribution center if anyone on here knows one?

kevin1988

Reaction score
Great post & thanks for the insight. I toured their corp office by UCI maybe 10 years ago... very impressive culture for sure. I've got a somewhat neighbor gal sporting a Ferrari with IN n OUT tags so I figure thats the boss lady. I'm a fan... any chick driving an exotic is badass. There's another one driving around here with wienerschnitzel tags too. I hear that chain has a female running the show... widow of founder is word on street.

Wienerschnitel's founder passed a few years ago. When he passed his ex took over as CEO. His son is COO and it's the sons mom that is CEO. Inside talk is they are prepping the son to take over and she will be phased out.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Over rated I had one the other day 😏 Carl’s 6$ burger blows it away and don’t get me going on there fucked up frys 😫😫 I will say they are the cleanest fast food out there 👍
I only go to Carl's to remember why I don't eat Carl's. Carl's sux! I'd rather eat Mac D's. That said, I'll do Baker's over In-N-Out. Problem is, Baker's won't do fries well done.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I'm not really a big chilli pepper fan. Ironically, their burgers reminded me a LOT of the old Don's place in Burbank, if you remember that place. It burned down a long time ago but I remember going there all the time with my family. It was great.
Yep I’m remember going there all the time you were probably still shitting in your diapers at that age😂

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I only go to Carl's to remember why I don't eat Carl's. Carl's sux! I'd rather eat Mac D's. That said, I'll do Baker's over In-N-Out. Problem is, Baker's won't do fries well done.
Didn’t know Bakers is still around

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yep I’m remember going there all the time you were probably still shitting in your diapers at that age😂
You aint that much older than me. lol! I remember walking there from our old house. It didnt burn down until '94. It is amazing that most everybody from Burbank still remembers that place.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Their business plan is simple. The company is now run by the founder’s granddaughter, Lynsi Synder. It is a privately held company with no franchises. They have not changed their menu and keep it simple. You can’t get lunch for six bucks with fresh ingredients served by clean cut young people who start at 14 bucks an hour. They can advance to store manager and make six figures. It’s the only fast food hamburger I will eat.

Yes I completely understand their business plan. And like I said, they have done well for selling a very mediocre product. They have an average bun, good quality lettuce and tomato, and a very, very average hamburger patty. They do run a clean restaurant, but the food is so so. As for the managers making six figures, If a successful restaurant is NOT paying six figures, then you are not getting top notch management.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Bakers is great! They run a similar program to in n out and pay pretty good from what I was told a few years ago. They won’t expand out if the IE for the most part because of the quality control is what I was told.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’ve never ate at Bakers. Will have to try them out when I‘m in the area.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Did I read correct on Idaho local news (Internet) that In n Out is coming to Boise, ID?? I take everything with a grain of salt until its confirmed on RDP;)

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
In n out to me is below average. Even with a 3x3 I can't taste the meat, I only taste the mustard cheese and pickles.

They dont even come with mustard and pickles on them, you have to ask for them lol

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I do trucking for Panera Bread and I get jealous everytime I see in-n-out trucks rolling down the highway! They love taking care of their equipment and their employees. I noticed on the corporate website they are looking for drivers to run Texas to Colorado 4 times a week. Looks like the Colorado distribution is being handled out of Texas. I'd love to chat with a driver working out of the Phoenix distribution center if anyone on here knows one?

I will ask my buddy who started cleaning dining rooms with me when we were teenagers, who is now the Manager of the maintenance division in OC. Career man to say the least. He might know some guys. I can't speak for anyone except that I have never met someone that didn't think their gig with In N Out was better than any other, again, in all parts of the company, overpay and you are expected to over deliver, and then the other benefits that come along with it as well. I love the In N Out trucks, the original owners and every generation has always wanted them a little Kustom, lots of chrome, trailer sits a few inches higher than most for better visibility, and lots of other touches, get a look at them close up.

Everything used to all run out of Baldwin Park, but with the new hubs, you see the radius expanding. Hesperia was a big deal when i was a young kid, 85 I think, that is store #33, the one opened after my Placentia store.

I will let you know if I can find anyone, but again, if they are actively hiring and the route works for you, its definitely worth getting in touch to see what they are offering, you might be pleasantly surprised.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Horribly tragic. Their aircraft came down across the street from Crevier BMW.....some terribly gruesome tales I was told of what they witnessed/saw from the folks there 😲🥺🥺
Yeah I recall all that.... gruesome stuff mentioned. I believe that was the beginnings of corporations separating their executive staffs from flying on same aircrafts.