WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Well thankfully that was uneventful

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Doctor and as of tomorrow i no longer have to quarantine, i know lots of people have had struggles with corona but thankfully even with being way overweight, over 60, high blood pressure and borderline diabetic i only had couple days of headaches and head cold, really gave me something to be thankful for this year, this time 13 years ago i was laying in a hospital with broken back and hand from crashing my Ferrari so this year was a piece of cake,

Anyway i want to say thank you for all or the support i've received these last couple of weeks, amazing the friends ive made over the years on here, and looking forward to the friends i have yet to make,

Party on and happy holidays to all

Dan

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Glad you are feeling better....slow the roll a bit :)

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Good to hear you beat this and thank you for sharing.

Reactions: DWC

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear the news. I bet it is a relief to see yourself getting better.

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
That is some great news! Congratulations, just in time for the holiday shopping season....

lol

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Good to hear! Time to get on with your life 👍

gqchris

Reaction score
One of my best friends just texted me. He is in ICU. Checked himself in at 5pm. 1 week fighting. 104 degree temps. Pulse Ox was 84. He is now back to 96 with o2 Mask. Scaring the shit out of me right now. His wife is a wreck. Two little girls.

Yup. My thoughts on this have changed a weee bit in the last few hours. He is 40 years old and healthy.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Great to hear Dan, hope everyday gets a little better for ya.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
One of my best friends just texted me. He is in ICU. Checked himself in at 5pm. 1 week fighting. 104 degree temps. Pulse Ox was 84. He is now back to 96 with o2 Mask. Scaring the shit out of me right now. His wife is a wreck. Two little girls.

Yup. My thoughts on this have changed a weee bit in the last few hours. He is 40 years old and healthy.

Why the wait? I have in my mind if I ever don’t feel 100% I am going in ASAP. Not dicking around with masks but for sure not dicking around with the Covid. That week of fighting it alone does not make sense.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Why the wait? I have in my mind if I ever don’t feel 100% I am going in ASAP. Not dicking around with masks but for sure not dicking around with the Covid. That week of fighting it alone does not make sense.
That's kinda where my head is at with this. I don't know the dirty here and I'm going he pulls through asap!

But I was using my mom this, is she gets it with her health to not wait until her Pulse ox drops. They have asked treatment protocols with antibiotics, steroids, and vitamins. Just throw the book at it and get ahead of it. hopefully we never have to find out but if we do I hope her doc gets ahead of it.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Great to hear Dan... take care of yourself.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I am glad you're doing better.

My girlfriend's Mother was just put in the Hospital yesterday with Covid. Her and her husband have been sheltering themselves from this shit since her husband has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7. To be honest with you, I almost can't believe it since they don't even go off their property unless it is for a Walmart pick-up and then she cleans all the groceries with Covid wipes. I only visited them once this year because I didn't want to give this shit to them if I happened to be asymptomatic. When I visited with them we basically stayed 15 to 20ft away and we all had our masks on.

Well on the 12th they had to go to the hospital because her husband was getting symptoms of Hypercapnia which is a buildup of carbon dioxide caused by the COPD. He had to stay in the hospital for a couple days to reduce the carbon dioxide and they also gave him a new Bipap which helps with his COPD. Well somewhere in that hospital she caught Covid (maybe the waiting room of the hospital).

About four to five days after taking her husband to the ER she started getting Covid symptoms so my girlfriend got her a Covid test through Rite-Aid. The test came back inconclusive. She was still feeling bad so she went to the ER and they sent her home after they gave her a Covid test. The test came back negative. Eleven days after her symptoms started she is still feeling bad and is now having a hard time breathing. She goes to the ER and they give her a same day Covid test and it comes back positive. WTF... :mad:

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score

I am not sure why the wait. He kept it from me also until just yesterday. I was out riding since Thursday and the first I heard was just yesterday when he was already in ICU. I agree, this is not something to get behind on and you have to be ahead of it.

I couldnt sleep right now thinking about him and just checked my phone. At 11pm he texted he isnt feeling good and that he loved me and if anything happens that I would keep his girls close to me. Fuck man. This is not what I wanted to read right now.

gqchris

Reaction score
I am glad your doing better.

My girlfriend's Mother was just put in the Hospital yesterday with Covid. Her and her husband have been sheltering themselves from this shit since her husband has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7. To be honest with you, I almost can't believe it since they don't even go off their property unless it is for a Walmart pick-up and then she cleans all the groceries with Covid wipes. I only visited them once this year because I didn't want to give this shit to them if I happened to be asymptomatic. When I visited with them we basically stayed 15 to 20ft away and we all had our masks on.

Well on the 12th they had to go to the hospital because her husband was getting symptoms of Hypercapnia which is a buildup of carbon dioxide caused by the COPD. He had to stay in the hospital for a couple days to reduce the carbon dioxide and they also gave him a new Bipap which helps with his COPD. Well somewhere in that hospital she caught Covid (maybe the waiting room of the hospital).

About four to five days after taking her husband to the ER she started getting Covid symptoms so my girlfriend got her a Covid test through Rite-Aid. The test came back inconclusive. She was still feeling bad so she went to the ER and they sent her home after they gave her a Covid test. The test came back negative. Eleven days after her symptoms started she is still feeling bad and is now having a hard time breathing. She goes to the ER and they give her a same day Covid test and it comes back positive. WTF... :mad:

Prayers for your Girls Mom, sir.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
OK..... I'm ready...
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 8.55.26 AM.png

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

Wife is an ICU nurse at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world, and the way it seemingly randomly effects people differently is the largest medical mystery of modern times.

Broadly speaking, it effects overweight, elderly, and diabetic people disproportionately, but the exceptions to that like your 40 year old healthy friend getting the shit kicked out of him and the objectively unhealthy and elderly Trump not being effected much at all.

gqchris

Reaction score
Wife is an ICU nurse at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world, and the way it seemingly randomly effects people differently is the largest medical mystery of modern times.

Broadly speaking, it effects overweight, elderly, and diabetic people disproportionately, but the exceptions to that like your 40 year old healthy friend getting the shit kicked out of him and the objectively unhealthy and elderly Trump not being effected much at all.

Thanks. It is a real kick in the head trying to wrap my head around it. He is slightly overweight, but not obese in any terms. He texted me this morning that he is fighting, so I took that as a win for the moment.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Welcome back to the living Dan..... great to hear.... any lessons that you have taken away from your experience that may benefit us?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Doctor and as of tomorrow i no longer have to quarantine, i know lots of people have had struggles with corona but thankfully even with being way overweight, over 60, high blood pressure and borderline diabetic i only had couple days of headaches and head cold, really gave me something to be thankful for this year, this time 13 years ago i was laying in a hospital with broken back and hand from crashing my Ferrari so this year was a piece of cake,

Anyway i want to say thank you for all or the support i've received these last couple of weeks, amazing the friends ive made over the years on here, and looking forward to the friends i have yet to make,

Dan

Congrats on being in the 99.95% percentile.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Thanks. It is a real kick in the head trying to wrap my head around it. He is slightly overweight, but not obese in any terms. He texted me this morning that he is fighting, so I took that as a win for the moment.

wild... I've had 2 friends 38 & 42 have a really rough go with covid, but both are okay now. several others in that age range that said it was easy peazy.... lots of family friends in their late 50's and 60's that said it wasn't so bad.... even my uncle who is very unhealthy kicked it pretty easily. It is very strange how it can knock some on their ass, and some just have mild symptoms. Of the two younger guys that had the rough go, one was a firefighter, and one does free diving and can do 3min + breath holds.... it makes me wonder if it has anything to do with lung damage etc.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Heard about a recent study linking those who have a mild or asymptotic positive to those who received the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine. Interesting if true.

KevinR

Reaction score
Great to hear Dan. Glad you are in the clear.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Prayers for your Girls Mom, sir.
Thanks @gqchris Prayers for your friend as well. I really feel helpless and I can't wrap my head around how to help her. They had to turn the oxygen up again today. I want to tell her whatever you do don't let them put you on a ventilator but it's really not my place. It's effed-up that nobody can be with her at the hospital. Someone needs to be there with her to be her advocator.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Myself and the whole family have it, my wife is not doing so great and the doc is keeping a close eye on her. Me and the kids so far only have slight fatigue and total loss of smell and taste. I will update as it progresses.

gqchris

Reaction score
Myself and the whole family have it, my wife is not doing so great and the doc is keeping a close eye on her. Me and the kids so far only have slight fatigue and total loss of smell and taste. I will update as it progresses.

Prayer bother for you and the fam. Do you have a pulse oximeter? If not get one ASAP. Keep an eye on Wifes oxygen levels. My friends dropped in a hurry and he was almost too late to get in to ER.

BONER

Reaction score

Dan

You mean Covid is a bunch of bullshit?! Who would've thought???...........................

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Prayer bother for you and the fam. Do you have a pulse oximeter? If not get one ASAP. Keep an eye on Wifes oxygen levels. My friends dropped in a hurry and he was almost too late to get in to ER.

This x10!

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Thank you for the thoughts and advice, I just now bought the oximeter at my local Walgreens and make sure we use it

cofooter

Reaction score
Good luck to you and yours!!!!!

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, prayers for all of you

Dan