WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

IN-N-OUT

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I’ve never ate at Bakers. Will have to try them out when I‘m in the area.
They expanded their menu. The old simple one was better. Recently, they went to an ala carte type of deal. It was kind of disappointing. But the basic burger is still good.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Grilled onions, pickles, extra spread, and the burger patties are fried in mustard, that's what most people don't comment/realize.

The comments about what managers make I can't speak exactly to, but in the 90's, I had a store manager making 160k a year, who knows what it is 20 years later adjusting for inflation, etc. Another common misconception is you can just "become" a manager. Back then, with only 138 stores, you took the better part of 10 to 20 years as a manager to get your own store based on performance, and you all start at the bottom, doesn't matter management experience elsewhere. Divisional managers are on a whole other level, in all aspects.

When minimum wage was $4.25/hr, I was hired at $7.25/hr, must have been up to $10/hr by end of first year, it goes from there, just being a kid in the store. They pay more to get more, if you are not 15 minutes early on your shift helping to transition who you are taking over from, you are late. In N Out, Costco, a few others have figured out with paying more, sticking to your guns, and being selective in hiring, you can get more with the right people, less, people, and less overall cost. One In N Out associate working a lunch rush I would say can out produce 4 or 5 individuals on minimum wage at McDonalds just phoning it in. So you pay them double, you are still cutting your costs in half.

Consistency comes from rigorous training, no deviations, and quite logistically, the ingredients all coming from the same place. No one is locally sourcing anything, so that's why the growth is dependent on replicating all the facilities of Baldwin Park to hubs up North, Texas, etc. Nothing is frozen, so you have a range on deliveries arriving every 3 days, and making your own products in the same fashion, at each hub.
Thats some great insider info, thanks.... when I met with their executives around 2005 I believe they informed me that they actually own their own livestock or at a very minimum have their own slaughtering process owned in house and they own their own fleet of trucks to transport meat. Comment on these facts if you know please because I might have heard that wrong, I was blown away at the significant controls they have to maintain quality.... good stuff.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Wienerschnitel's founder passed a few years ago. When he passed his ex took over as CEO. His son is COO and it's the sons mom that is CEO. Inside talk is they are prepping the son to take over and she will be phased out.
She drives a hot car... sorry fellas, no photos.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Thats some great insider info, thanks.... when I met with their executives around 2005 I believe they informed me that they actually own their own livestock or at a very minimum have their own slaughtering process owned in house and they own their own fleet of trucks to transport meat. Comment on these facts if you know please because I might have heard that wrong, I was blown away at the significant controls they have to maintain quality.... good stuff.

Definitely have their own slaughterhouse in Baldwin Park, and yes, fleet has always been maintained in house, Baldwin Park as well. These are all things that get replicated out in Texas to allow their expansion. They buy tomatoes globally as you can't have ripe tomatoes year round from the same farm, but he mission is to have everything else in house or exclusive deal like with Puritan for the buns, that goes back to 1948. Buns from Puritan, forget who does their cheese or if wholly owned, their own slaughterhouse, but everything else in house, spread, potatoes, etc, etc.

The have their own fleet, their own maintenance obviously (that can handle retrofits and remodels), their own carpenters, mechanics, etc, etc.

It's funny, when the health board comes to do inspection, no one even cares or changes what they are doing, but when In N Out's own inspectors come, we would rush to the back to freshen up the shave, cut the sideburns shorter, and start scrubbing the underside of drain grates and everything else, that was go time.

Riverhound

Reaction score
My son works at In-n-Out and is getting an amazing education in employee training and management. He's attending business school at UofA and they actually use In-N-Outs training programs as a course example of how to manage people and ensure consistent processes across a large scale organization. One of his professors even solicits input from him on how they are handling the whole COVID deal.

They are also consulted by several large government health departments to help develop food safety standards because they are that good at what they do.

Like the food or not, they are the best run organization in the food service industry.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
They dont even come with mustard and pickles on them, you have to ask for them lol
True, but I should still be able to taste the meat. I can at Wendy's, and volcano burger.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Has it though? Mcdonald's was crazy popular in San Bernardino as a local burger joint, but it went global and it became insanely profitable for the corporate office.

The thing about McDonalds...it's not exactly good food, but you can go there ANYWHERE in the world, and the food is exactly the same. I have eaten in them in China, Qatar, Germany, Canada, South Africa, and Brazil. In a place where food can be highly questionable, it's a welcome sight.

caribbean20

Reaction score
The thing about McDonalds...it's not exactly good food, but you can go there ANYWHERE in the world, and the food is exactly the same. I have eaten in them in China, Qatar, Germany, Canada, South Africa, and Brazil. In a place where food can be highly questionable, it's a welcome sight.
Yup, that’s why their nickname overseas is “the American Embassy.”

Javajoe

Reaction score
Strange no one has mentioned what’s on the bottom of the cups
On the soda cup is John 3:16, which reads, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The milkshake cup has Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

nameisbond

Reaction score
I get a big mac combo at least once per month. Its nostalgic.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
On the soda cup is John 3:16, which reads, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The milkshake cup has Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

Burger bags also have verses sited, Nahum 1:7 if memory serves me right on the double double. I remembered that one without using google, Hamburger and cheeseburger wrapper have something different, don't remember what though without cheating.

The fry boat never had a verse, or coffee cup, in my day, but they do now I believe.

Water Romper

Reaction score
In n Out.jpg
Lynsi Lavelle Snyder-Ellingson (previously Seawell, Martinez, and Torres; born May 5, 1982) is an American billionaire businesswoman, the owner and heiress of the In-N-Out Burger company.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

Probably all the guys who tried to muscle in on some of that action. I heard there's a prenup involved, they don't get anything to do with the business.

nameisbond

Reaction score
On her fourth marriage, says she's a handful to deal with. Not worth the hassle.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Not sure if it is already motioned, but I know the family is into drag racing. They run/ran super comp and other classes.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
True, but I should still be able to taste the meat. I can at Wendy's, and volcano burger.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Is that volcano burgers in Cypress CA? I lived around the corner 30 years ago. One of my favorites at the time.

404E5F6B-268B-40BD-88E8-E3068DF110C7.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
For some of you that don't really like In N Out, there is an East Coast joint that has made it out west. Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

I grew up on INO but I actually prefer Five Guys as they are both around where I am. They are around in SoCal, but in AZ the closest one to LHC is unfortunately in Kingman.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
For some of you that don't really like In N Out, there is an East Coast joint that has made it out west. Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

I grew up on INO but I actually prefer Five Guys as they are both around where I am. They are around in SoCal, but in AZ the closest one to LHC is unfortunately in Kingman.

In before someone says Five Guys is trash and they would never put it in their body. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
5 guys is trash and I’ve put it in my body [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Five Guys occasionally. The choice of topping is nice, so are the cajun fries. Not my first choice, but not bad.

Cdog

Reaction score
I have Five Guys occasionally. The choice of topping is nice, so are the cajun fries. Not my first choice, but not bad.

I haven't tried 5 gays. 😆 I figure if I'm going to pay $15 for a burger I'll go to twin peaks, peak at some trim and have a beer with the Hangover burger.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I haven't tried 5 gays. 😆 I figure if I'm going to pay $15 for a burger I'll go to twin peaks, peak at some trim and have a beer with the Hangover burger.

Its not $15, its like 8 bucks. Pick whatever toppings and sauces you want, no extra charge. I like that they have A1 sauce.

Its a high end price for take out, but not oppressive. you might be $10-$15 for your meal, depending on the burger size.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

If I had to describe 5 Guys, I would say it's very much like a backyard burger. The way they put them together and serve them wrapped in tinfoil it's like you did it yourself. And with all the topping choices, there's no way you can't have it your way.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Not really a burger place but their pastrami is bomb.com if you’ve never been to one of their SoCal locations.

The Hat

View attachment 948019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hat has a photo in their stores of their Alhambra location. My great grandfather is in the picture, standing outside. He loved the place. Four generations of our family have been going there and its always been awesome.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I don't know about the American locations. But here in Canada, Fatburger is the best fast food burger. Its a licensing of the name, so not sure its the same as the US locations. The bonus is they have a liquor license and serve beer.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
My buddy and I always text each other the same thing when one of us eats at 5 guys.

“I just got fucked by 5 guys for $15.” :oops:

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
The heiress took over In-N-Out when she was 35. Her dad died of an OD and she started "filling the void with drugs, alcohol and men". She has since found god and has been married for some time with 4 kids and heads some sort of ministry with the mission of helping those in need. To blow off steam, she says she likes to drag race, like her dad and grew up with her pops taking her to the drag strip.

Up and down, life can be rough at times no matter who you are or how much you have. Seems she's doing ok now.

In n out trivia and if you keep scrolling down the link it goes to 5 guys trivia.

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
The heiress took over In-N-Out when she was 35. Her dad died of an OD and she started "filling the void with drugs, alcohol and men". She has since found god and has been married for some time with 4 kids and heads some sort of ministry with the mission of helping those in need. To blow off steam, she says she likes to drag race, like her dad and grew up with her pops taking her to the drag strip.

Up and down, life can be rough at times no matter who you are or how much you have. Seems she's doing ok now.

In n out trivia and if you keep scrolling down the link it goes to 5 guys trivia.

Thanks for the link............... I learned INO will do burgers med rare. I prefer my burgers rare, but will live with med.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't know about the American locations. But here in Canada, Fatburger is the best fast food burger. Its a licensing of the name, so not sure its the same as the US locations. The bonus is they have a liquor license and serve beer.
Pretty good burger, been a while so don't remember if they had liquor. I think Magic Johnson has or had controlling interest.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
A little Trivia, A good friend of mine who was the food business for 50+ years, but has since passed, always claimed that the Lake Havasu In and Out although it did well, was the poorest performing money wise in the chain, don't know if it's still holds true.

Javajoe

Reaction score
If I had to describe 5 Guys, I would say it's very much like a backyard burger. The way they put them together and serve them wrapped in tinfoil it's like you did it yourself. And with all the topping choices, there's no way you can't have it your way.
Funny they don’t have thousand island dressing like INO uses. I do like their burgers but way overpriced. For that reason...I’m out