WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Joint Supplements

probablecause

Reaction score
Well, after hitting 52, all hell broke loose with my joints. Trigger finger, and aches and pains. Took the Glucosamine, which helped, but need something better. Would love to stay over the counter but WTF? Any recommendations? Thanks, Brendan

jadenchick

Reaction score
Lions Mane, MSM and organic bone broth!

Last edited:

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Well, after hitting 52, all hell broke loose with my joints. Trigger finger, and aches and pains. Took the Glucosamine, which helped, but need something better. Would love to stay over the counter but WTF? Any recommendations? Thanks, Brendan

If you're not on one.....go to low carb / high fat diet...or even better - full on keto diet..
This helps get inflamation all over your body under control and you'll lose weight too.
I was feeling kind of the same as you described (60 yrs old) at the beginning of covid in March. I was 260+ at that time (a shade under 6'6") and in the gym 4-5 days a week.
Today i'm under 220 and feel like im 40.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Witches brew here...tablespoon of applecider vinegar mixed into a cup of water each day. When it gets cold, I add a teaspoon of MSM to a glass of water, and gut it down 3 times a week.

Everybody is different, in terms of what works and what doesn't. Mine helps me, but far from a cure. May make some people puke though...

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Witches brew here...tablespoon of applecider vinegar mixed into a cup of water each day. When it gets cold, I add a teaspoon of MSM to a glass of water, and gut it down 3 times a week.

Ha,ha.....me too.
I take a stot straight up...twice a day then rinse with water (to wash teeth). I actually like the taste and once in a while, wifey puts it in a salad dressing that's really good.

Last edited:

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
You guys using MSM, which brand and where are you getting it?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Turmeric products. Turmeric has known anti inflammatory effects.
It’s not a cure all but I can feel a difference. And I’m a year behind you.
FA1254BF-739D-43EA-81C1-263BC525A329.jpeg
CDB31475-5652-4838-9197-E4111AE23027.jpeg

Coffee is strange the first few times but I actually prefer it now.

Like someone else said, reduce your carbs and sugar, sugar causes inflammation too. And unfortunately alcohol is included in that mix.
Since the day after Election Day I’ve only had beers/alcohol 3 times. I have to admit the mornings are easier.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I’ve been hearing Turmeric also. Tried fish oil with no results.

calkid

Reaction score
I’ve been hearing Turmeric also. Tried fish oil with no results.

Turmeric has been working well for me. 45 years in construction has taken it's toll on my joints. After trying lots of delivery methods I have found that 1000mg every morning really works. I recently ran out and bought a different brand and within days swelling and joint pain started again. Switched back to the brand attached with black pepper extract and in less than a week I'm feeling great again.
One disclaimer though is that everyone's body reacts differently.
1210202014.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score
Another Tumeric fan. I buy this stuff from Sam's Club. Also help with immune system.

1607661157786.png

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
My knees have been sounding like gristle and rice crispy. Loud. Like walk down stairs and people go what the hell is that. I’ve been taking this for a little while and the creeks and pops are almost gone. Working very well for me.
608C027A-E64F-4C32-989C-3BA8593F3EE9.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Something that hasn't been mentioned is vitamin D deficiencies. Body tries to get it from the sun, and lot's of us have been locked up...and the water got cold. There are also certian liver conditions that can cause you to lack D. There are 50000iu (?)slow release supplements, seem to help some people quite a bit.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Just Google HGH and order any one you see.... GNC has some I use and gotta say HGH turns clock back for us over 50 dudes not making the testosterone like when we were young. Joints will improve.... actually everything improves.