WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Today was supposed to be a routine day

81Sprint

Reaction score
Just another day, Work, school, yada yada. Wife took our 6 month old french bulldog in early to get neutered. No big deal, its pretty common and simple. Vet calls my wife around lunch, saying they are doing CPR on him can they continue? WTF!! Obviously she says yes, she calls me and tells me, i couldn't believe it. Get off the phone, dart out of the office to go get her and my daughter from home. She calls me back 5 minutes later hysterically crying says he has passed. We get to the vet, and the receptionist says i'm so sorry as they are leading us to the waiting room, the wife just breaks down at this point. Doctor comes in and says he was doing good until they tried to bring him out of anesthesia and then he stopped breathing and heart stopped, CPR couldn't get him back. My wife is balling, he looks at me and says obviously we won't be charging you for the surgery. I wanted to kill him. I had to walk out immediately after letting him know how i felt about his timing so he had absolutely no doubt i was leaving for his own good. I am kinda numb, he was such a good pup.
Nacho Supreme.jpg

fmo24

Reaction score
So sorry. That’s a tough one

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear that. I'm shocked and saddened. Prayers to you and your family, that's a rough one during the Holidays.😭

socal0487

Reaction score
Just another day, Work, school, yada yada. Wife took our 6 month old french bulldog in early to get neutered. No big deal, its pretty common and simple. Vet calls my wife around lunch, saying they are doing CPR on him can they continue? WTF!! Obviously she says yes, she calls me and tells me, i couldn't believe it. Get off the phone, dart out of the office to go get her and my daughter from home. She calls me back 5 minutes later hysterically crying says he has passed. We get to the vet, and the receptionist says i'm so sorry as they are leading us to the waiting room, the wife just breaks down at this point. Doctor comes in and says he was doing good until they tried to bring him out of anesthesia and then he stopped breathing and heart stopped, CPR couldn't get him back. My wife is balling, he looks at me and says obviously we won't be charging you for the surgery. I wanted to kill him. I had to walk out immediately after letting him know how i felt about his timing so he had absolutely no doubt i was leaving for his own good. I am kinda numb, he was such a good pup.
View attachment 950837

that’s hard to hear. Doctor gave it too much meds?

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Fukkkkkkk. sorry man. no words will help. RIP puppy. damn....

81Sprint

Reaction score
Please file a complaint against this quak of a cocksucker Vet!

So sorry for your families loss....

Thanks, i don't think he meant it in a bad way now that i have calmed down. His eyes were welled and bloodshot, but it was just bad timing. My wife said the all the doctors were crying as she walked out, they had never lost a dog under anesthesia before but of course their first was ours. My wife just called the breeder just cause he was a super nice guy and felt like he should know. He said he always says an extra prayer for them when they go under because the flat nose breeds are more at risk. Just a freak and unfortunate thing :confused:

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I had a great pure bred German Shepherd, took it to the vet for a swollen ear. The Vet upsold me teeth cleaning. At 5 pm I picked Max up and took him home, he seemed a little groggy and not quite himself, but I figured he was still shaking off the drugs.

He died in his sleep that night, I called the Vet and asked if anything went wrong, she said no. She actually came and picked him up and did an autopsy. She said his heart was too small for his weight blah blah blah. This dog could run and play as well as any other, I'm sure the Vet overdosed him.

I did not get a refund, she pocketed $400 cash for killing my dog.

It sucks, but the pounds are full of great dogs that need a loving home when you are ready.

PlanB

Reaction score
That's terrible! Sorry for your loss...

We had a dog a few years back that was not given enough oxygen during anesthesia and he ended up with hypoxic brain injury. Anesthesia on our dogs always scares me now.

Springfield

Reaction score
OMG! From our dog family to yours, so sorry for your loss. :(

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
So sorry to hear he didn't make it out of anesthesia. :(

My wife is always mentioning the high risks of dogs (especially Frenchies) of not coming out of being under anesthesia.:(

Singleton

Reaction score
That suck fuck‘n sucks to hear.
Thoughts with your family

wallnutz

Reaction score
That’s horrible, I feel so sorry for you and your family. Such a cute pup too. RIP little guy🙁

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Man, this is bad. We have a neuter coming up too. He's a breeder (in my avatar) so he will be 5, so I've always been concerned. Pretty effed up. So sorry!

Cdog

Reaction score
Sorry bud. We lost Hans at 11 years old from bloat the Saturday after thanksgiving. Still not right around here. I just brought home his ashes on Monday & last night the art of racing in the rain was on. The whole family is on an emotional cliff.

Cheers to out pups! I hope they find each other in valhalla

E97805FC-6B01-44BE-9C28-746F3ED288BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
Awwww fuck that sucks so sorry......

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I’d purchase another pup from that breeder.Your pup was in trouble the minute they put him under.He had the genetics to make it well into that procedure. I know, too much info,but be proud of that pup.

500bbc

Reaction score
Oh shit that's horrible.
So sorry
We lost two this year. Got a replacement quickly. Keep calling her the old pups name by accident though...

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss. Dogs and especially little pups give humans unconditional love and complete trust, so sad.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Unexpected losses always hit the hardest. About 20 years ago my wife took her all-time favorite horse (6-year old gelding) to one of the top rated equine clinics in California for some very minor leg surgery -- just a one day in, one day out deal. When she checked in with the vet she went over the procedure and was very explicit about not giving the horse any penicillin following surgery (a fairly common procedure post surgery) since he was very allergic to sulfu drugs. My wife had her best friend present during check-in as a witness. That evening the vet office called with the bad news, her horse had died about an hour after the surgery. Of course, she was devastated. About a week later the vet bill arrived in the mail. Upon reading the invoice there was a line item -- (2) penicillin injections.....$120.00. Needless to say my wife flipped out. She called immediately and demanded that an autoposy be performed to determine cause of death. Conveniently for the vet clinic, the horse had already been disposed of (and not with our consent). 'Generously' the clinic offered their condolences and withdrew all charges for services. I think we still should have sued.

RichL

Reaction score
So very sad. RIP little one.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Oooff, this is a tough one.
I’m sorry for your loss.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks. I’m so sorry. RIP little guy.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
With you my man.... dog lover here..... for what its worth lil feller looks content. If ya gotta go thats a nice way. You and the wife go get yourself another pup.... soon, like now.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
that’s hard to hear. Doctor gave it too much meds?

More than likely the truth of it..

I'm sorry for your loss, I really don't know how I would react to that, I would have probably not handled it as well as you. RIP pup, he'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
sorry, that sucks. I know how I handled it when I expected it to happen for a few years....I'm not sure how I would have handled this. I hate it.

In a few days, consider giving the vet a call and thanking them and the staff for what they do....I doubt they did anything wrong, but things just go wrong sometimes. Those people deal with situations like this and putting poor suffering animals to sleep all the time....I'm not sure how they do it and keep their head straight. It will bring a meager smile to their faces. I'm sure they feel as bad or worse than you do.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
That's rough, mine is getting old and I know the day is coming. So sorry for your loss.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. That is just heartbreaking.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

ford 4x429

Reaction score
No words can describe the loss of you're best friend... so sad, so young so sorry...

ltbaney1

Reaction score
thats a rough one, i feel for you and your family. rest in peace little guy.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
So sorry bro. Brought a tear to my eye. They are definitely gods gift. RIP Pup. Prayers towards your healing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Damn, what a punch in the gut. Sorry to hear about all of you who have lost pups recently. My heart goes out to you all. I have a 15yr old Beagle that is on his last leg (cancer and hip problems) and am not looking forward to the day we have to say goodbye.