WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for some Home Gym Equipment

getreal

Reaction score
20201208_202102.jpg

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Lots of good options mentioned for sure. SirBob, I think I agree with the most. You have to do something you will be able to continue. Getting on a whole garage full of machines is not you, not yet.

Eat less — move more IS the only diet that works.

Quit smoking. Yes it’s possible. I smoked Camels for over 20 years. Did the vape thing for 2. And then woke up and said “what am I going to do at 80? Go to the vape shop???” F-that and quit. Promised my self never to smoke or vape again. It’s that promise that will get you to stop.

Order what ever food you want. Then only eat half. If your out to eat have them give you a to go box when your meal comes.

You need to move. Treadmills are boring. Get outside while you can. Get a walking app and start working on a 4-5 minute mile pace. Do it for an hour 7 days a week.

Fuck the number on the scale. Eat less and move more and see how them pants fit in 30 days. Pretty soon you will see your dick and toes without bending over...

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Most gym stuff is backordered and when it does come in, it’s sold out in minutes. As I add stuff, like bumpers, I literally have to catch the deal posted on instagram and buy them immediately. It’s a crazy market right now, and Craigslist stuff is selling for more than new..several years old.

My go-to is RepFitness which is sort of a middle ground manufacturer, with a few high end benches. If it’s stuff like slam balls, or kettlebells then TitanFitness works but their benches, most bars, and some racks are below my quality threshold.

Turnup

Reaction score
Havasu city is auctioning off all that equipment from the gym building they took over 🤷‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some of you guys are forgetting that I only have one good foot.. the walking / running / treadmills / etc I can’t do.. elliptical is for Stacy, but I’ll “try” to use it but doubtful.

I am just looking at a kinda all in one kinda gym deal.. I like that resistance deal posted earlier but 1800 bucks is yikes..

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Some of you guys are forgetting that I only have one good foot.. the walking / rubbing / treadmills / etc I can’t do.. elliptical is for Stacy, but I’ll “try” to use it but doubtful.

I am just looking at a kinda all in one kinda gym deal.. I like that resistance deal posted earlier but 1800 bucks is yikes..
That is one reason bike is good low impact.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is one reason bike is good low impact.

Im not sure I could even put that much pressure to pedal.. not to mention the occasional bump or bang that would send me into orbit.

RD

Last edited:

Pebo

Cocktail Krew
Reaction score
Like it was said, a home gym is easy not to do. Need to make a commitment to get out and go to a gym. We do Titan gym here in Havasu. I tore my achilles tendon and the Spin class along with the weight training helped get it back in shape. Also do the Boxing class on Wednesday. Now that's a workout. Just need to take it easy at first with your foot.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Im not sure uncoils even put that much pressure on that foot to pedal.. Not to mention the accidental bump or bang that would send me into orbit lol
Dave, I'm a smoker and a drinker as my posts often prove.
I'm missing part of my left foot and also had a heart attack.
#1 you need to work that damn ankle. How long has it been? I bet most surgeons would approve. Been there. My therapy was rebuilding my 77 GMC truck frame up bolt by bolt. I even layed on the body work and paint. Not to mention new differentials, rebuilt the transfer case along with a few trip to the junkyard for a newer 86 font end clip. I've posted pictures here.
Do you even own a bike? If not you should.
I know I'm a ass-hat often on here. I can't help it . Too many threads let the Carlson-jet juices flow. It's my nature to want to help others regardless of the consequences.

Edit: I had to add an "S' to others

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, I'm a smoker and a drinker as my posts often prove.
I'm missing part of my left foot and also had a heart attack.
#1 you need to work that damn ankle. How long has it been? I bet most surgeons would approve. Been there. My therapy was rebuilding my 77 GMC truck frame up bolt by bolt. I even layed on the body work and paint. Not to mention new differentials, rebuilt the transfer case along with a few trip to the junkyard for a newer 86 font end clip. I've posted pictures here.
Do you even own a bike? If not you should.
I know I'm a ass-hat often on here. I can't help it . Too many threads let the Carlson-jet juices flow. It's my nature to want to help others regardless of the consequences.

Edit: I had to add an "S' to others

Well I have done just about everything ya can do for it.. While I’m never expecting it to be 100% normal, I can say that I don’t believe I’ve met the bar for what it should be after the three surgeries.

That said I honestly don’t think it was put together right. My right foot is about seven degrees pointing out from where it started.. If I sit down or don’t use it for a few hours it binds up and it takes me about five minutes to get it working. The pushing it down and limping to take a piss in the middle of the night would be comedy if it wasn’t so sad.. lol.

As it sits once I get past the initial hurdles I can walk decently on flat ground. Rocky terrain is difficult, running is impossible etc..

It has been about a year and a half since the actual accident in June of 19. We are redoing our health insurance this week and will be looking for a surgeon to examine and see if they can make it any better.

I did all the physical therapy and continued to do it for months on my dime even after it ended.

The most success I had at a normal life was when we were at the Florida boat show we stayed in a high rise that had a massage parlor down stairs. Those little Asians would rub hot rocks and tiger balm on it and it make it work for a day at a time. I was walking miles each day and while it hurt it was doable.. at the end of the day though when it was done it was done.. literally on the way home I’d have to stop and sit for ten or so minutes, then go a little and stop.

There are tons of things to talk about with this thing... the shit nobody ever tells you or talks about. Not sure it’s appropriate fir rdp as most don’t have to deal with it, but it has given me a perspective on living life with something like this and the side effects of it..

Part of the gym thing is to rehab the ankle as well. I have a sand dune stepper that I would like to start using as part of the rehab.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
RD I have a close friend who rehab's used equipment on the side and sells new gym equipment , his primary business is servicing gym equipment under contract and retrofitting older gyms.

If you have an idea about what you want, hit me up and we'll get him on the phone.

Reactions: DWC

BigQ

Reaction score
I have had several different versions of a home gym since I am not a fan of gym memberships. I have had simple weight bench to cage systems. Before Covid I used martial arts for cardio and then off days I lifted. Now i have a few items. First was a water Rower, I rented this for now just in case it sucked. You can rent directly from the company and return it or buy it after a certain period. https://www.waterrower.com/us/ This is great for someone with bad joints. They also make interactive rowers with paid training subscriptions if someone needs that type of training. Really You Tube has some great trainers to follow for workout ideas.

Another item that some laugh at is the Bas Rutten system, great to keep up striking, but a great overall workout. Note real expensive https://bodyactionsystem.com/

Lastly my current weight setup is a "power Tower" with seprate bench and the Nordic adjustable dumbbells. At 53 i don't need a huge cage and you can any part of the body with the dumbells.

Dettom

Reaction score
The gym that the city bought still has some stuff to auction off. My neighbor has been buying all kinds of shit.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Their website is decent. Pretty easy location off the 215. If you need me to drag anything out let me know.

Went in there today and they have been run dry. They have some stuff but supply chain has hit them hard.

DWC

Reaction score
The gym that the city bought still has some stuff to auction off. My neighbor has been buying all kinds of shit.
Is it for sale at the gym location?

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
You have a pool so try water aerobics
The buoyancy of water also provides extra support for your muscles and joints. This low-impact exercise allows you to work out while putting less impact on your body than you would on land. It is especially helpful for people who have joint conditions, such as arthritis or joint injuries

google Pool Exercises

WildWilly

Reaction score
Is it for sale at the gym location?

its on 2 different gov surplus acution pages. But honestly, very little of it was from Havasu fitness. What they really were selling was the even older junk stuff that they replaced with the havasu fitness stuff that was in their city gyms at the police station, service yard etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
In search of gym equipment, but then you eat rest stop hotdogs.
That is like doing 2 steps forward and 3 backwards.

overall health starts with eating cleaner. Limiting processed food, fast food and going farm to table eating.
I lost 20lbs in 2020. It all started by changing the diet and then doing simple exercises focused on my core (lunges, leg lifts, sit-up, push-ups). Halloween through New Years is my break, start back up in January with the exercise. However I have been able to maintain the weight loss by eating the same = 1 cup coffee, 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, regular dinner.

Sandlord

Reaction score
Try
Tell Kevin I sent you.

D19

Reaction score
The price of gym equipment right now really separates the serious from the not so serious.

Maybe start with the discipline of going on a walk 4-5 days a week. Once you master that, spend some coin on equipment. Baby steps.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I think he mentioned that he can't walk long distances but maybe try an elliptical your feet don't move low impact will get heart rate up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD I have a close friend who rehab's used equipment on the side and sells new gym equipment , his primary business is servicing gym equipment under contract and retrofitting older gyms.

If you have an idea about what you want, hit me up and we'll get him on the phone.
Definitely want an elliptical and maybe an all in one style weight deal?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Talked to him last night, he does have an elliptical in his garage right now. Let me get the details and a few pics.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
He has this in stock now for 2k used : https://www.globalfitness.com/products/used-cybex-625a-lower-body-arc-trainer?variant=19108793614434

You said an all in one weight dealio, meaning like a do it all machine? Type in "all in one home gym" into whatever search engine you are using and take a look, there are so many in various sizes and configurations, pick something so I can get a feel for what you are looking for.

He has a contact to obtain a NEW all in one rack/cage type you see in gyms with curl/leg/extensions etc to do many different exercises, but it starts at like 4k.

Let me know if you are interested, this shit is on fire right now, hardly any inventory anywhere.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
any gym equipment is way overpriced right now... but If you want to go for it, do it!

we went hardcore after the shutdown in march and transformed a big part of my shop garage into a gym... I went overboard and made it bad ass, with the plans of never going back to a commercial gym again, and we use it a lot! But... me and my wife were regular gym goers for the last 20yrs or so.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He has this in stock now for 2k used : https://www.globalfitness.com/products/used-cybex-625a-lower-body-arc-trainer?variant=19108793614434

You said an all in one weight dealio, meaning like a do it all machine? Type in "all in one home gym" into whatever search engine you are using and take a look, there are so many in various sizes and configurations, pick something so I can get a feel for what you are looking for.

He has a contact to obtain a NEW all in one rack/cage type you see in gyms with curl/leg/extensions etc to do many different exercises, but it starts at like 4k.

Let me know if you are interested, this shit is on fire right now, hardly any inventory anywhere.

That’s kinda peloton ranger isn’t it?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That’s kinda peloton ranger isn’t it?

No idea what Peleton pricing is, this stuff used to be like $500 6 months ago, the lock down part 3 has made the market insane.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Goto some gym and try an Octane elliptical. i have both the Standing and Lateral X commercial grade units at home. They can be easy or hard as you can make it. My wife (9 years into a heart/ double lung transplant) can cruise to something near an easy walk with no impact, with arms or without.............or you can hit it with a vengence and it will make you cry like a baby. All in one package. the motion Octane gives you is smooth and natural Dave. Try one first. if your going to invest in an Elliptical. why not make it the best. Kind of like the Holy Grail of boats.

jadenchick

Reaction score

The max trainer I posted about is an elliptical, a stepper and works your upper body with different t levels of resistance.

It’s an all in one machine. It’s high intensity, low impact but definitely not easy by any means.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hide in a basement or go ride bikes with the fam?
I get the midwest or too cold thing in the northern part of the USA. I don't get hiding in a gym or a basement compared to family time.
I rode my bike with the Doggo for 1 hour earlier. It was 55 degrees. About perfect imo. 9 mile trek which included harassing the geese at the local park. Wesley scares the fock out of those nuisance Mofo's. He barked, I laughed, they honked hiding in the water until he jumped in. I laughed more.
I think I got more cardio out of laughing than riding.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Our home gym consists of a Stages 3 spin bike, Versa climber, vasa swim machine, and a free motion dual cable cross over. We used to have a higher end rower and miss it. My wife is on this crazy fit challenge right now that was called out through her my zone. The first one to 12,000 MEPs wins, she will get it done at our home gym for sure.
If your serious about this I highly recommend what ever cardio machine you get make sure it has a monitor. You need to have monitors to follow to keep you honest. Follow the numbers and improve. If you don't follow the numbers it also gets boring real quick.
If you want a kick ass work out get on a Versa climber. Toughest cardio machine I've been on. I've been using one in my workouts for the last 5 years and to this day hate it ever time I get on it :).
Don't buy a shitty spin bike, spend the $. I spend more time on my spin bike than the other machines. I have friends that have Pelatons and all love them, not 1 complaint except how much it kicks your ass and love the on screen comp.
I still go to my out door gym, I need the accountability, my trainer keeping me honest, love the competition and miss our rower.
I'm not in any way a pro at this but my suggestion would be low impact cardio, spin bike I would think best for your ankle, and if you use free weights fuck going heavy that shit was for when we were young.
Start out slow and fight through the pain it will pay off. If you drop some weight you wont believe the difference it makes and how good you'll feel. Don't give up commit for a year and see your gains. Eat clean while you're shooting for your goals. But for fuck sake don't get sucked it to thinking you're never going to eat shitty again. I eat shitty once a week and love it, just hit the workouts a bit harder the day after. I find the older I get it's even more important to stay fit.
The amount of really good home fitness equipment coming out, when Covid is over I think it will hurt the go to gyms by 50% forever.

DWC

Reaction score
This is a good deal and great piece of equipment. It’s on offer up near Moreno Valley I bought one for the Havasu pad and really like it Hardest part is moving it
91CB715D-182C-48D1-84EC-2AE8F39ACD60.jpeg

WildWilly

Reaction score
This is a good deal and great piece of equipment. It’s on offer up near Moreno Valley I bought one for the Havasu pad and really like it Hardest part is moving it
View attachment 951966

Those are actually pretty good, I struggled a bit with some limitations due to my size but overall pretty solid piece for a home gym and thats a good price.

on that note...anyone have any olympic 45lb plates for sale? At this point I don't care if they are regular or bumper

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
keep an eye out for a water rower and thank me later.
if not, take a couple laps around the island you fuck.

DWC

Reaction score
Those are actually pretty good, I struggled a bit with some limitations due to my size but overall pretty solid piece for a home gym and thats a good price.

on that note...anyone have any olympic 45lb plates for sale? At this point I don't care if they are regular or bumper
Try mikes fitness in riverside area. Best price and selection I’ve seen this year

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

This was Big5 in San Dimas this morning. Price sheets are up at the top.
28555974-975D-4676-A22A-AA808FAF4C67.jpeg

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Try mikes fitness in riverside area. Best price and selection I’ve seen this year

Mike's is empty. I went in there last week. His supply chain has been hit hard and he can't get anything in. It's a bummer.

• Wow

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
So I gave you my smoking deal on your last "I'm quitting" thread...and now you get my gym story..Four years ago last week I got ahold of a trainer in a small private gym...I went in there weighing 249 lbs and I could not even walk to the toilet at night without hearing my elevated heart beat when I laid back down. My trainer is 60 years old and has been a trainer for 30 years...He understands unhealthy life styles and he has given me back years of my life...I will be 68 on the 18th of January and I feel better now then I ever have in adulthood...I and my wife go together now. She needed it mentally and to build strength in our older years. I weigh about 207 or so...still too heavy but feel great..F the gym memberships cuz ya won't go...and F the equipment in your garage...you won't do it..We spend 340.00 for both of us and it's worth twice that to us...All the answers above are right...you have a potpourri of options...Just pick one and SUCCEED...

senorpdog

Reaction score
I have a Hydrow Rower and a Nordic Track Fusion CST I would sell if anyone is interested. I recommend Peleton I have both the treadmill and Bike and have lost 120 pounds since March.

DWC

Reaction score
Mike's is empty. I went in there last week. His supply chain has been hit hard and he can't get anything in. It's a bummer.
That sucks. They were the only place i could find anything and their pricing was fair. Glad i didn’t make the drive out. I need some more plates to make up for splitting what i have.