WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Not a good week for the dogs

lbhsbz

Reaction score
EBA40B12-7ABE-4798-B430-9B7D9644AB24.jpeg
We picked up a puppy a few months back that was supposed to be a beagle...nice and small, turned out to be a fucking coon hound....not small. lol. He got snipped on Tuesday, so we've got this manic puppy who wants nothing but to run and jump and we're trying to keep him down for a bit so he can heal up.

Then this morning our old man Shorty woke me up at 4 something puking all over the place....picked him up and set him outside while I cleaned up and when I went to get him, he was in the same spot I'd left him...sort of twitching and doing a gangsta lean. He isn't walking to well...head tilted to once side, and has this odd twitch. Vet thinks it's a Vestibular disease...mostly treatable, if it doesn't cure itself in a couple days....except there are doubts as to whether or not he will be able to hold his head straight again. Its really bad vertigo...sort of like an RC car with an intermittent radio signal watching him walk. Poor guy is old and has been through the ringer a few times, but done great for the most part.

redone76

Reaction score
My old pup had the same thing happen. Took almost a week and he was better. Always had a slightly crooked head after that though.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
ahhhhhh mannnnn.....I hope he gets better.

As far as thinking you got a beagle but its a coon hound....wtf? lol

Ad with a shitty picture said beagle...I forward the contact into to the wife, he was here when I got home from work. He wasn’t 4 months old evidently, he was about about 2. Noticibly grew every day. Lol

He has nose prints 6’ up the sliding door.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ad with a shitty picture said beagle...I forward the contact into to the wife, he was here when I got home from work. He wasn’t 4 months old evidently, he was about about 2. Noticibly grew every day. Lol

lol....well the pup will appreciate being rescued regardless. Kind of funny though

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score

Well on the plus side coon hounds are very good dog's but yeah a little bigger than a beagle. Sorry to hear about the old timer hoping for best

PlanB

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. One of our dogs has been sick for the past six months. He need meds every 1-2 hours, so it's been a rough ride. Hope your pup gets better quickly.

gqchris

Reaction score
Great story about the coon hound. Thats awesome! Made me lol here. Wife was like whats so funny!?

4Waters

Reaction score

I have a black and tan coonhound, she is 6, I love her to death but I will not get another, ridiculously high energy, they need big yards to run in.

Oh and 6 feet🤣, it'll get higher🤣

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I have a black and tan coonhound, she is 6, I love her to death but I will not get another, ridiculously high energy, they need big yards to run in.

Oh and 6 feet🤣, it'll get higher🤣

I know. This guy is nothing but legs. not 2 days outta getting surgery and I just yelled at him for jumping over the coffee table...with his cone on, cleared it by 2 feet because..... he saw the kid's shoe on the other side.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I know. This guy is nothing but legs. not 2 days outta getting surgery and I just yelled at him for jumping over the coffee table...with his cone on, cleared it by 2 feet because..... he saw the kid's shoe on the other side.

haha....you guys got a comedy act going on

Reaction score
you got lucky. did you get from a rescue ? my last two puppies I got from a rescue, I decided as they were growing up that they must have come from a FERAL pack of dogs. So I got there DNA done and they both are a mix of 7 different breeds. just about all the breeds are on the Insurance "do not insure list" !

but mainly American Staffy

lbhsbz

Reaction score
you got lucky. did you get from a rescue ? my last two puppies I got from a rescue, I decided as they were growing up that they must have come from a FERAL pack of dogs. So I got there DNA done and they both are a mix of 7 different breeds. just about all the breeds are on the Insurance "do not insure list" !

but mainly American Staffy

We did the DNA test... Shorty (the hind on in my profile pic) is picanese, chihuahua, and 10% poodle. Lol...he bit me when I called him a poodle. Max, the new dickhead, we got from some “foster to adopt” hippy bitch, and he’s red tick coon hound, tree something coon hound, and a few others. I’ll get details from the wife tomorrow.

He’s an awesome dog...and has a great side-eye for memes...
C8BDD2FF-33B0-4F66-A8D8-E9EC198708C6.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Shorty this morning (I moved an old inside chair outside 2 days ago...it’s his spot. Notice the twitch)

Attachments

• IMG_0882.MOV
    19.6 MB

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Sorry about the little puppo. It is what it is when they get older.
Do you see that sideways look from the hound? That to me is a sign of high intelligence. Doesn't need to move the head but just give a look. Train the puppo well and you will be highly rewarded.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Please continue to post the adventures of your pup. Its funny and we can all use a laugh.

i agree with the intelligence factor of that dog. Silly yes, but you do have a thinking pup. You can see it in the eyes. Far from a dummy. My pup Roxy observes everything but she doesnt do silly things. She allows others to do the silly shit but sees it all.

4Waters

Reaction score
We did the DNA test... Shorty (the hind on in my profile pic) is picanese, chihuahua, and 10% poodle. Lol...he bit me when I called him a poodle. Max, the new dickhead, we got from some “foster to adopt” hippy bitch, and he’s red tick coon hound, tree something coon hound, and a few others. I’ll get details from the wife tomorrow.

View attachment 952848
Redtick and Tree Walker mix, pretty damn loving dogs, very very loyal and they definitely think they are lapdogs.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score

View attachment 952848

The wheels are definitely turning. Coy as all hell. Healing vibes and prayers to Shorty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
We've lost 3 dog within a year, When I lost Penny it felt so repetitive that I didn't even have the energy to make a post.

Pat
When I was working in Chicago, my uncles dog had this same thing happen, He made a full recovery and lived a couple years longer. In fact Wilson passed just before his 20th birthday.

Going back to dogs, I'm actually on cloud 9. I've had Cash since the day he was born. Anyhow my wife's work just got a new CT fancy machine, and they needed to do training. She signed Cash up because he has tumors all over his body, he was the first live dog to go through the machine, and we got results today that all of his tumors are non cancerous. What a relief and we got it for free...if something happened to him and we lost a 4th dog I would probably fucking lose it.

Attachments

• Resized952020121695142535.jpg
    Resized952020121695142535.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Resized952020121695142808.jpg
    Resized952020121695142808.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 66

lbhsbz

Reaction score
We've lost 3 dog within a year, When I lost Penny it felt so repetitive that I didn't even have the energy to make a post.

Pat
When I was working in Chicago, my uncles dog had this same thing happen, He made a full recovery and lived a couple years longer. In fact Wilson passed just before his 20th birthday.

Going back to dogs, I'm actually on cloud 9. I've had Cash since the day he was born. Anyhow my wife's work just got a new CT fancy machine, and they needed to do training. She signed Cash up because he has tumors all over his body, he was the first live dog to go through the machine, and we got results today that all of his tumors are non cancerous. What a relief and we got it for free...if something happened to him and we lost a 4th dog I would probably fucking lose it.

Sucks too lose them...3 in a year really sucks. We’ve lost 2 in the last 2 years. shorty is the closest thing to “my” dog I’ve ever had, even though he hates me lol. He’ll be fine I’m sure, blood work came back normal, so it’s either ear infection or just cuz he’s old. Meds to treat the ear, if it’s just cuz he’s old it should fix itself. Just sucks watching him not have any clue WTF is going on.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Please continue to post the adventures of your pup. Its funny and we can all use a laugh.

i agree with the intelligence factor of that dog. Silly yes, but you do have a thinking pup. You can see it in the eyes. Far from a dummy. My pup Roxy observes everything but she doesnt do silly things. She allows others to do the silly shit but sees it all.

Intelligent...right. Tried to eat the shoe off my foot and now I need a new pair socks.

😂

C3651DE1-766B-4B49-B2D4-2E1B793D3CCB.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Shorty is doing better....he still can't point his head straight, but is walking better (still a bit fucked up..but he's learning to deal with it) and running and giving Max his hourly tune ups when he gets tired of being fucked with. Its kinda fun watching 17lbs of pissed off put the fear of god in Max.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score
655B846A-9753-42E3-837A-41B0A174BD24.jpeg

40lb Max has the same dosage of the same chill pills the wife got prescribed for sleeping...and he doesn’t care...zero effect. He somehow managed not to tear his wound open last week, so it’s back to chaos as usual.

Misslbhsbz

I approve this & lbhsbz message!
Reaction score
Most recent story for Max... on new years eve he got to experience fireworks for the first time with us and he was not amused especially at 1230 when it seemed to have quieted down enough to let him out to go relieve himself before we all (me and our 2 legged kid since lbhsbz had passed out 5 minutes before midnight) called it a night... so Max is out taking a shit when the LOUDEST firecracker of the night went off mid turd his eyes bugged out, looked at me like WTF was that, pinched it off, and booked for the door at full speed. Poor guy didn't know what to think. We're definitely never bored in our house lol and Shorty is back to normal(or at least normal for him) except he still has a head tilt.