WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Working Through a Pandemic

zhandfull

Reaction score
Haven’t missed a day of work since all this crap started. Can’t say the same for those that work with me. Some have stayed home for being high risk for twelve weeks in the beginning, Others have taken FLMA for twelve weeks for their kids being out of school. Now people are been sent home for being in close contact to someone COVID positive. Add in vacations for the holiday season and this is getting really old.

iMondays and Fridays are always half staff for 4/10 schedule. Last Monday I had half of my half staff show up and work is busier than ever.

anybody else getting the shit kicked out of them at work?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Wife is a labor and delivery nurse. She is working extra shifts in the er and this week in a covid hospice unit doing last goodbye calls over zoom with family members as they aren't letting anyone in to be with these people. It's been a tough week.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Wife is a labor and delivery nurse. She is working extra shifts in the er and this week in a covid hospice unit doing last goodbye calls over zoom with family members as they aren't letting anyone in to be with these people. It's been a tough week.
Your wife is a real life hero!
Also, I just want to say that I trust nurses way more than doctors.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

Your wife is a fkn saint! Give her an extra hug from this family!

zhandfull

Reaction score
Construction has been crazy busy. Throw in social distancing, and quarantine and you have a big mess all the time
Channel 4 had a news report about how construction workers spread COVID more than restaurant and grocery store workers.
Based on what I have seen I think that is probably true.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The PTSD in the nursing ranks is going to be like nothing we've ever seen before.

Tell your wife thank you.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Haven’t missed any days last project 90 hour weeks at the end we got it done on schedule now I’m watching abatement through a window 😫

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Channel 4 had a news report about how construction workers spread COVID more than restaurant and grocery store workers.
Based on what I have seen I think that is probably true.
I can see how we spread it more. But even then it doesn't spread all that much. We had 1 site at the beginning of this bullshit where a drywaller came to work hacking up a lung and infected about 75% of the site since it was tight and already completely dried in and closed up (windows and doors completely installed). But we have had other sites where someone was positive on the site and didn't infect anybody else even though they had symptoms. From my unscientific observations, it really seems like coughing is the #1 way of this shit spreading.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score

your wife is a hero. That has to be one of the hardest parts of their job.
Thank your wife on behalf of my family

jet496

Reaction score
I have never been this busy in my life. We're working 6 to 7 days a week including into Christmas day. It's off the hook & money is great.